Turn on thread page Beta

Do you find this a strange email? watch

ReputationRep:
    He either really needs some, or he finds this amusing.

If he's being serious, it's a bit...forward

(Original post by ANAH)
    In no way was my suggestion stupid. If someone, not you, sent it, then give him a shag, that's all he wants. You'll probably get the hepatitis alphabet after though. Oh well.:rolleyes:
    Of course it was stupid. I post a thread on TSR out of genuine concern about an email I receive and you suggest I sent it to myself? What a gross waste of time that would be to number 1) compose and type out an email to myself and 2) to post an anonymous thread on TSR about this self composed email?

Dont condescend me please, I'm not stupid...I'm asking for advice. Should I, or should I not reply? And in what fashion?

ReputationRep:
    no, not at all. i would feel totally creeped by it :O
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's definite btw.

and yes that's weird. nobody sends an email to someone saying they want to **** them.

ReputationRep:
    Who sent it to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would you find that odd to receive that? Or am I being a bit of a straight laced prude?
    When you say "odd", do you mean you weren't expecting it?

(Original post by Danielle89)
    Who sent it to you?
    A guy who I have spoken to a couple of times, and met up with at an event. But that's the extent to which I know him.

ReputationRep:
    T'is a bit too forward for my liking

(Original post by Irrelevance)
    When you say "odd", do you mean you weren't expecting it?
    Yes, when we have spoken it has always been platonic and friendly.

I just didn't expect someone to, if you will, cut to the chase like that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, when we have spoken it has always been platonic and friendly.

I just didn't expect someone to, if you will, cut to the chase like that.
    Being caught off guard, in this case, isn't a bad thing. I personally would find it a little surprising at first but later on would actually enjoy somebody being blunt instead of waiting for me to guess.

(Original post by Irrelevance)
    Being caught off guard, in this case, isn't a bad thing. I personally would find it a little surprising at first but later on would actually enjoy somebody being blunt instead of waiting for me to guess.
    That's true, but I wonder ( age old question) if his primary pursuit is sex.

I felt scared by it, I know that sounds ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it was stupid. I post a thread on TSR out of genuine concern about an email I receive and you suggest I sent it to myself? What a gross waste of time that would be to number 1) compose and type out an email to myself and 2) to post an anonymous thread on TSR about this self composed email?

Dont condescend me please, I'm not stupid...I'm asking for advice. Should I, or should I not reply? And in what fashion?

You said yourself that you "hardly" know the guy, who emailed you telling you that he's been wanting to "f**k you for a while" now. Only you know the answer. And, there is a 50% chance that you received the email, there is also a 50% chance that you composed it and are thinking about sending it/have sent it to someone.

PS. I never said you're stupid.
    Gutted.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What a creep.

Be wary of him!

ReputationRep:
    he seems quite creepy. and needs to get laid^^

ReputationRep:
    That's true, but I wonder ( age old question) if his primary pursuit is sex.

I felt scared by it, I know that sounds ridiculous.
    Well, you have the advantage here. The ball's in your court - you can tell if somebody's after you for sex considering they make it their business to nob you at the earliest convenience. If you decide to go ahead with it play the, "I'm not sure where I stand so let's take it slow" card. If he doesn't get a shag after a month and you're still together, sounds alright. If he splits up with you because he's not getting any action you've gotten rid of a moron. Win win situation for you provided everything goes as predicted.

It's not ridiculous at all. I think the fear is because it's not a common thing to happen. It's the sort of thing you read about and never expect to happen to you and when it does, it feels a little surreal and makes you think "This isn't normal, WTF does he want?" despite him clearly stating what he wants.

(Original post by ANAH)
    You said yourself that you "hardly" know the guy, who emailed you telling you that he's been wanting to "f**k you for a while" now. Only you know the answer. And, there is a 50% chance that you received the email, there is also a 50% chance that you composed it and are thinking about sending it/have sent it to someone.

PS. I never said you're stupid.
    Gutted.:rolleyes:
    No but your tone suggested otherwise.

Look, I haven't composed it...I wouldn't have the guts to send something like that.

Ok I'm anon, but at the end of the day a sceptical response isn't always the correct one....and in this case you are way way way off of the mark. I genuinely received this, I'm genuinely surprised to have done so..I'm in two minds whether to ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterMcPete)
    Shup.
    Gutted.

ReputationRep:
    No but your tone suggested otherwise.
    Look, I haven't composed it...I wouldn't have the guts to send something like that.

Ok I'm anon, but at the end of the day a sceptical response isn't always the correct one....and in this case you are way way way off of the mark. I genuinely received this, I'm genuinely surprised to have done so..I'm in two minds whether to ignore it.

Okay.

And, well I'm gutted you don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Ewww, I would be totally put off. That's some scary ****.

(Original post by ANAH)
    Okay.

And, well I'm gutted you don't know what to do.
    You and I both.

It's a bit shocking tbh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.