Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I wouldn't reply at all.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, even I know a guy's not supposed to actually say what he's thinking!

ReputationRep:
    im going to jumpa little from the norm here

the email is three things

sweet
    honest
    kinky

the guy who sent it to you is playing on these three things making himself appear likeable, truthful and a bit dangerous, all three designed to attract you in closer to him.
    Whilst its forward you can deny his honesty, lets face it lads we see a girl we fancy we straight away think of sex, its what men do.

Now il admit something like this can backfire as people have warned you (know your audience and all that) but id go for it - just make sure your friends and such know whats happening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    im going to jumpa little from the norm here

the email is three things

sweet
    honest
    kinky

the guy who sent it to you is playing on these three things making himself appear likeable, truthful and a bit dangerous, all three designed to attract you in closer to him.
    Whilst its forward you can deny his honesty, lets face it lads we see a girl we fancy we straight away think of sex, its what men do.

Now il admit something like this can backfire as people have warned you (know your audience and all that) but id go for it - just make sure your friends and such know whats happening
    This. Everyone is way overreacting in this thread. The guy sounds like he'd be a good time at least?

You can at least reply. If it's from someone you hardly know then it is a bit forward, perhaps, but I think the real issue is "what are your feelings towards him?"

(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    You can at least reply. If it's from someone you hardly know then it is a bit forward, perhaps, but I think the real issue is "what are your feelings towards him?"
    Im not entirely sure in honesty. It's sexy and scary at the same time....is that even a possible emotion? lol :p:

i can see it ending up being a one night thing, and im not really into that...mmm...difficult.

ReputationRep:
    In before Rohypnol

Just don't accept any drinks by him

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I would be scared too. I would delete the email, and avoid the person .

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Im not entirely sure in honesty. It's sexy and scary at the same time....is that even a possible emotion? lol :p:

i can see it ending up being a one night thing, and im not really into that...mmm...difficult.
    Why can you see it being a one night thing?

ReputationRep:
    I would be worried if I got an email like that.Very worried.

(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    Why can you see it being a one night thing?
    We live quite far apart. And i guess from the tone of that, he is after one thing...either a one night affair (lol) or **** buddies.....not really my style. Though ive never tried it.

ReputationRep:
    It's strange but seems OK to me. It's just an email he or she sent on the spur of the moment that seemed like a good idea in their head, until they read it a day later and realise how weird it sounds. They obviously have a deep crush on you.

I am pretty certain I am right, as I have written a strong email like this when I had a deep crush on some girl who I had only known for a short time about a year ago (just without the "i want to **** you" part, that bit *is* weird)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANAH)
    Did you send it to yourself?
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    '
    Hi

Its me again, it was good to hear from you the other day. I can imagine you must be busy, even though I envy the fact you're an undergraduate. Its a bit awkward really, my reason for writing...I guess what I wanted to say was, I've been attracted to you for a while, and its been good getting to know you.'

Would have been enough, tbh. After that it goes into the realms of weirdness.

We live quite far apart. And i guess from the tone of that, he is after one thing...either a one night affair (lol) or **** buddies.....not really my style. Though ive never tried it.
    Well, don't let it be that. I don't think that email precludes more than a physical attraction, though I see misunderstanding of social rules and tactlessness.

A lot of people are acting disgusted because they are 16/17/18 years old and still feel uncomfortable with sexual confidence and forwardness.

If I received that from someone I was extremely attracted to, I think I would like that.

A lot of people are acting disgusted because they are 16/17/18 years old and still feel uncomfortable with sexual confidence and forwardness.

If I received that from someone I was extremely attracted to, I think I would like that.
    Yeh I mean, im on the cusp of sexy/thinking its scary. How old are you may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    "Hi

Its me again, it was good to hear from you the other day. I can imagine you must be busy, even though I envy the fact you're an undergraduate. Its a bit awkward really, my reason for writing...I guess what I wanted to say was, I've been attracted to you for a while, and its been good getting to know you. But I'd really like more out of this. I want to get to know you far deeper, emotionally, mentally and of course physically. I've wanted to **** you for a while now, I know that must sound terrible, but its true. You are so attractive and someone I really want.The thought of being with you and inside you is amazing and I'd hate to let you slip away"

I felt a little bit shocked by it, its from a guy I hardly know...but theres a definate attraction there.
    Seems too much... take care

Yeh I mean, im on the cusp of sexy/thinking its scary. How old are you may I ask?
    21... I get the impression that this guy is a bit older than you, am I right?

21... I get the impression that this guy is a bit older than you, am I right?
    Yes, Im 21 and he is 27. Ive only had sex once, literally once....but it was good, i didnt find it painful at all, and felt confident in doing it..

...at 27 he is obviously more experienced, might be that thats scaring me a little. I always had this thing that you have to be in a relationship to have sex (partly the fact that my family are religious) but actually you dont....the other thing is, i dont want to appear casual or easy...mm i dont know...do u understand what i mean?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.