Turn on thread page Beta

Stand-up comedians who just piss you off watch

ReputationRep:
    Lee Evans is awful.

I've been disappointed with Michael McIntyre. He was hilarious when he first came to fame, but his recent material is below-par.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaytwizzle1000)
    She's not actually new, she's been doing stand up for YEARS trust me. I agree with you on the Iran thing though.

Also I have to say Andy Parsons for the fact that his delivery is just plain unfunny on most ocassions.

And Hugh Dennis because on Mock The Week whenever its the improv round and it's his turn, at the end of his joke, he just stands there staring at the camera literally staying there until the audience applauds.:mad:
    Ahh yeh a few people have quoted me and said that now...I've just recently been seeing her on a few shows and Jonathan Ross..so far so..bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    i'm posting this on every thread i go on....n i know it has nothing to do with this thread.....but can anyone help me pls cos i want to start my own thread but don't know how....
    Under the 'the student room' logo in the top left of your screen, click on 'Forums', then select the relevant forum/sub-forum you want to post in, the select the orange 'create new thread' button that will be directly under the forum name.
    Post an interesting thread!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure why, but Michael McIntyre has started to really annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    Al Murray as himself is hilarious (and rather attractive) but as 'The Pub Landlord' is a bit of an arse.

I don't have any particular standup I dislike though, there have been many - some aussie guy called Colin or whatever- but I don't even remember his name.
    Ooo, I love Al Murray on panel shows and that, does he do any stand up as himself? Would be good to watch . J

ReputationRep:
    Jason Manford.
    This may be an unpopular choice but he just reminds me of my ex driving instructor and he was so goddam irritating
    I don't find him particaulrly funny, only as funny as a funny guy you'd find in any pub IMO

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like Lee Evans, either. At my school this seems to make me socially retarded? Every joke ends up with him collapsing on the floor making an odd noise and sweating like a teenage boy in a strip joint.

Kerry Godliman fails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brouhaha)
    Most people know one stand-up comedian they just don't get. For me, it's definitely Lee Evans, he just irritates me with all the silly faces and I find him too childish. Who's yours?
    I can't agree more, he's the worse comedian ever. I find the people that like him are usually simple themselves and aren't funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnni)
    Russell Brand & Ricky Gervais, just not good stand up comics
    Go and kill yourself(seriously)

they're the best 2, russell the best at stand up though, ricky better at tv shows, both good at both though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasri-diaby)
    Your an idiot, it's a parody. He's very intelligent. He went to Cambridge.
    Exactly this, it shows peoples intelligence when they can't see through the act. He does that thing where he asks the audience a questions and he comes up with stupidly knowledgable answers that are funny. I'd actually say he's the most intelligent comedian.

Gervais and Brand are also very intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    Exactly this, it shows peoples intelligence when they can't see through the act. He does that thing where he asks the audience a questions and he comes up with stupidly knowledgable answers that are funny. I'd actually say he's the most intelligent comedian.

Gervais and Brand are also very intelligent.
    Thanks for the support! I would disagree with Brand being used in the same breath as Stewart Lee however!

Dylan Moran, Lewis Black, Richard Herring, Andy Hamilton, Jeremy Hardy, Sandi Toksvig and Andy Zaltzman are highly intelligent also. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasri-diaby)
    Thanks for the support! I would disagree with Brand being used in the same breath as Stewart Lee however!

Dylan Moran, Lewis Black, Richard Herring, Andy Hamilton, Jeremy Hardy, Sandi Toksvig and Andy Zaltzman are highly intelligent also. :yes:
    Brands grasp of the english language is immense. Also a lot of people don't give him a chance. I actually think he thinks just like me. When he goes through all his stories and stuff or childhood memories i do and think the same things obviously within reason.

He was also hilarious for 2 years in a row on big fat quiz of the year with Noel Fielding, he was the stand out hilarious one though, walliams was also funny.

Another funny one was another quiz of the year when david mitchell was on it and he kept destroying frank skinner. David Mitchell is also hilarious and very intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    Brands grasp of the english language is immense. Also a lot of people don't give him a chance. I actually think he thinks just like me. When he goes through all his stories and stuff or childhood memories i do and think the same things obviously within reason.

He was also hilarious for 2 years in a row on big fat quiz of the year with Noel Fielding, he was the stand out hilarious one though, walliams was also funny.

Another funny one was another quiz of the year when david mitchell was on it and he kept destroying frank skinner. David Mitchell is also hilarious and very intelligent.
    I DEFINATELY AGREE WITH MITCHELL. He's so witty that he has been described in the press as 'making Merton look slow'!!! He's so good and panel shows, as well as Peep Show being my joint favorite sitcom of all time along with Blackadder.

ReputationRep:
    I love David Mitchell too!
    A David I don't like though is David Walliams, he's so irritating!

ReputationRep:
    The problem with Al Murray is that his parody of a right-wing, patriotic, Frenchie-hating working class brit was just too accurate. Thus whilst, in the early days of the character, it was well recieved by intelligent fans of comedy, soon after it came to the attention of actual right-wing, patriotic, Frenchie-hating working class brits, who didn't understand that it was a parody and took everything he said at face-value. So now his shows are populated almost exclusively with people unwittingly watching a comedian who is basically taking the piss out of them.
    He should have killed off the character years ago but I guess he's still making a **** ton of money from it.

I dislike Peter Kay but only because his entire act seems to consist of 'remember this thing northern working class people used to do in the seventies, eh, can you remember it?' which whilst usually painfully accurate, becomes tiresome after a while.

There are no comedians I would go as far to say I actually hate; if I don't like a particular stand-up, I simply don't watch them.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.