Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    :eek3:

have you met him??! (prob. not a good idea hassling him, he'll prob. chop you in half)
    Yeah I met him when working in his local supermarket, not mates or anything. I also see him at the Birmingham sometimes, where he drinks. I wouldn't want to fight him, but overall he's pretty content and well off now. Oh yeah, his ears, (lack thereof) is hard to get used to.

ReputationRep:
    Jimmy Carr. He's good as a host, and he has some great one-liners - but as a stand up it just feels like he's reciting a joke book.
    Ironically I don't like the other Carr - Alan. I don't know why but I don't find any of his stuff even mildly humorous. Plus he has quite possibly the most annoying voice in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    That's where you're mistaken, he has got a job.... its called 'being funny'
    In which case..

ReputationRep:
    johnny vegas and jimmy carr

they are just not funny and carr always tells his jokes in such a dead-pan way as if he thinks he knows that the audience are going to laugh at EVERYTHING he says.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Russell Brand. Alan Carr. That american woman.

ReputationRep:
    Many of the best stand-up comedians you don't tend to see much of, which is the reason why you have to look for them. The reason why many of the mainstream comedians are found annoying by some people is exactly because they are riiiight out there and look like they love themselves - Michael Mcintyre is bloody everywhere, and I liked him at first but because I can't blink without seeing him on my TV, I've just grown to hate him.

Lee Evans is pretty good, but can get annoyingly repetitive.

The worst is Alan Carr, though. He is way too camp, and makes more people wince than laugh. He's exactly the kind of man that should be kept locked up so no one should hear his voice, but now he has a chat show and the ADVERTS ARE ******* EVERYWHERE!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atheistwithfaith)
    All female comedians. All gay/camp comedians. Oh and Marcus Brigstocke, what amuses me about him is his obsession with the Pac-man joke.

NO Because Stephen K Amos is gay, and he's one of the funniest comedians on earth. He's baboon joke made me swallow a chi[ whole and nearly choke to death the first time i heard it.

ReputationRep:
    Michael McIntyres pointless prancing around the stage

ReputationRep:
    There's only Al Murray that I dislike
    Most of the other comedians here make me lol I love Michael McIntyre and Russell Howard
    There are others who simply aren't quite as funny but I only really dislike Al Murray
    -x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Wigan)
    Michael McIntyres pointless prancing around the stage
    QFT He's absolutely hilarious, and it's alright when he's actually telling the jokes. But when he comes back on after each act on his show he does the same thing. At first it was funny. now it's irritating. But the man is hilarious.

And Lee Evans should be shot. I have never once laughed at one of his jokes.

Also Russel Howard is brilliant, but he desperately needs new stand up material.

ReputationRep:
    Any female stand-up, I just don't find them funny. Lee Evans I just don't get, can't stand Al Murray either.
    I used to find Frankie Boyle entertaining on Mock The Week but I can only take him in small doses and now he just bores me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brouhaha)
    Most people know one stand-up comedian they just don't get. For me, it's definitely Lee Evans, he just irritates me with all the silly faces and I find him too childish. Who's yours?
    Ugh I agree. He'd be funny if he wasn't so childish. His actions distract from his comedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saab_101)
    NO Because Stephen K Amos is gay, and he's one of the funniest comedians on earth. He's baboon joke made me swallow a chi[ whole and nearly choke to death the first time i heard it.
    I loved it on Live At The Apollo and pretended he was fresh lol. That was HILARIOUS.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's already said it, but Alan Carr.

We get it, you're openly homosexual, can I have my money back please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Johnny ******* Vegas. Does he count as stand up? I hate that ****. Oh and Al Murray.
    Totally agree. For me, the great thing about stand-up is getting a sense of the comedian's personality and background through their jokes. Al Murray is a tiresome fraud.

ReputationRep:
    Lee Evans is the most overrated **** since Laurel and Hardy.

Peter Kay is epic. Yeah, I hate comedians who only focus on one aspect - Iranian guy, that Black Gina from Mock the Week, Alan Carr (gay), Russel Brand (sex), etc. Really dull. Most popular comedians are hugely overrated - with the exception of maybe Jack Dee.

Dame Edna - my God I hope that man dies soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Everyone's already said it, but Alan Carr.

We get it, you're openly homosexual, can I have my money back please?
    So true :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I used to love Frankie Boyle; then he became worshipped by absolutely everybody as some sort of comical genius; now I hate him. I hate anything popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Oh my god, really? *checks* It was Oxford, but still. Learn something new every day, eh?

Oxbridge doesn't make you funny, though: look at Jimmy Carr. :indiff:
    OMG I forgot him, what a nightmare he is. I find him vaguely comical on panel shows but his stand-up is just one-liner after one-liner, how very dull.

ReputationRep:
    Shappi Khorsandi, basically a **** version of Ahmed Djalilli and Ahmed isn't that great either..

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.