Turn on thread page Beta

Stand-up comedians who just piss you off watch

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't say they piss me off, i just don't choose to watch them and change the channel!!
    but the Irish one (can't remember his name!) that talks really fast...
    don't get me wrong i LOVE the Irish accent and i'm sure he's really funny... but i can't keep up with what he's saying!!
    and Al Murray also, don't find him especially funny, but heh that's personal opinion!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joluk)
    Shappi Khorsandi, basically a **** version of Ahmed Djalilli and Ahmed isn't that great either..
    She has a thing on radio 4 which is basically stand up based exclusively on her race/background!!!

I would be better!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King CalZ)
    Lee Evans is quality.

Gina Osha or whatever her name is who always goes on mock the week and lost all that weight. She can only do "black" jokes. borrrinnggg !
    That and Peter Kay, just can't stand the guy!

ReputationRep:
    All of the above are reasons are why white middle class comedians are better, because they can't do lazy race or sex based comedy. If only others weren't lazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pip_x)
    I loved it on Live At The Apollo and pretended he was fresh lol. That was HILARIOUS.
    He's brilliant lol.

BABOON! BABOON!

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    alan carr ;@

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King CalZ)
    Lee Evans is quality.

Gina Osha or whatever her name is who always goes on mock the week and lost all that weight. She can only do "black" jokes. borrrinnggg !
    :rofl:
    its Gina Yasharay

and I agree but female comedians! someone please tell me why, why are the majority of them rubbish they dont make me laugh anywhere near as much as male SU comedians
    oh and what about the Americans, whats his name Greg Proops,

ReputationRep:
    Russell Brand, Lee Mack and as much as it kills me to say it I haven't found a female comedienne that's made me laugh as hard as the others yet - Jo Brand can get the odd laugh out of me, but otherwise it's pretty much a routine of "I'm an overweight feminist, watch out or I'll sit on your face"

ReputationRep:
    russel brand is a killjoy to watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasri-diaby)
    All of the above are reasons are why white middle class comedians are better, because they can't do lazy race or sex based comedy. If only others weren't lazy.
    It's more a matter of relativity, this fact about the comedians you like don't make them funnier, just funnier to you.

Would I be correct in the assumption that you are white and middle class too.

It quite well known that a reason we find people funny is the relativity in what they say, how what they say has some truth in your life. The reason you probably don't find non-white, working class comedians less funny is because you haven't experienced the stuff they are on about, and thus find them less funny because what they say holds less truth and substance to you.

Same reason why I find a few black comedians funnier, (not to say that I don't find people such as George Carlin unfunny either, there are some people who are just universally funny)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzar_Chasm)
    Oh yeah, I used to love Frankie Boyle; then he became worshipped by absolutely everybody as some sort of comical genius; now I hate him. I hate anything popular.
    Sorry, but I think you're missing out there. Surely the fact that something is popular shows how funny/good something is - if you think something is good, hating it purely because other people like it is a really silly reason.

(Sorry to double post, but I just noticed this)

ReputationRep:
    jethro

ReputationRep:
    Patrick Kielty- he presented fame academy and children in need so why the hell was the "headliner" on michael mcintyre's comedy roadshow a couple of weeks ago??

ReputationRep:
    LEE EVANS!!

I actually really like him as a person, and I think he is a wicked actor. But his stand up is pants.

ReputationRep:
    i'm posting this on every thread i go on....n i know it has nothing to do with this thread.....but can anyone help me pls cos i want to start my own thread but don't know how....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Question)
    It's more a matter of relativity, this fact about the comedians you like don't make them funnier, just funnier to you.

Would I be correct in the assumption that you are white and middle class too.

It quite well known that a reason we find people funny is the relativity in what they say, how what they say has some truth in your life. The reason you probably don't find non-white, working class comedians less funny is because you haven't experienced the stuff they are on about, and thus find them less funny because what they say holds less truth and substance to you.

Same reason why I find a few black comedians funnier, (not to say that I don't find people such as George Carlin unfunny either, there are some people who are just universally funny)
    You are right, I am white and middle class, but I watch a hell of a lot of stand-up, so I get bored of the incessant gags about class. However white middle class comedians discuss a wider range of subjects, so I find it much more engaging.

ReputationRep:
    That american woman who look like she had a fight with a blind plastic surgeon does my head.

Jim Davidson, if he is even still going, complete knob.

Michael Mcintyre is very over rated, can have his moments, needs to calm down. Same can be said for Lee Evens.

I used to find Peter Kay funny, simply because everything he says in the stand up is true to my life. But he annoys me now, too repetitive.

Jo Caulfield also does my head in, but i really don't know why.

ReputationRep:
    russell brand. he just can't do stand up and is a bit of a **** in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzar_Chasm)
    Dame Edna - my God I hope that man dies soon.
    he you mean woman
    omg.... all those times i.....omg!

ReputationRep:
    Lee Evans, Peter Kay and Al Murray.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.