Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay, I'll be brief. So, for various reasons that I'm not going into, I, with the support of many people including psychologists, counsellors and teachers have decided to move out, at the unfortunate age of 16. I'm aware this isn't ideal, I tell myself that all the time, but that's not the point. I'm meeting someone some time this week and we are going to go looking around at all the accommodation that would be available for someone of my age. I'm assuming I'm going to find myself in one of those hostel dumps, and I was wondering if moving out to one of these places is a slow process. I was hoping to get everything sorted before September. I will be asking him too, but considering this has just recently came to mind, it would be nice to know more details now :yes: Thanks.

Sorry, also I wasn't really sure whether this was the right forum or not to post this in or not.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how answer this if it is a question or a statement but why did you move out, don't block out why you want to move out.

(Original post by Gibb~)
    I don't know how answer this if it is a question or a statement but why did you move out, don't block out why you want to move out.
    What do you mean 'don't block out' why I want to move out? It's of no relevance to my initial question, which was, basically, how long does the process of moving out into new accomodation usually take? I imagine you can't just pop into one of those hostels randomly. I was hoping to get everything sorted before September.

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure on the specifics but im assuming it is likely to be in some social services run or supported place, as they are still as i am aware now responsible for you up intill 18.

I think when you reach 18 they will help you move on and support yourself, try not to worry about it as they will be helpful and will do their best in the matter. Best to wait till your meeting for the final details i suspect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    Im not sure on the specifics but im assuming it is likely to be in some social services run or supported place, as they are still as i am aware now responsible for you up intill 18.

I think when you reach 18 they will help you move on and support yourself, try not to worry about it as they will be helpful and will do their best in the matter. Best to wait till your meeting for the final details i suspect.
    If the OP is Scottish this is not true. We become legal adults at 16.

(Original post by selensky t)
    them retards there
    Well yes, the general type of people that move to those places at my age is a general concern of mine. I'm wondering how many of them were actually 'kicked out'. If I ever do come into contact with those sort, the plan is to keep my head down and get on with my life.

Yeah, it would have to be anyways. I cannot support myself at my age for obvious reasons. I'm worried about those places, but it can't be worse than where I am now. The problem is I might not even meet the guy, I've been trying to get in contact with him again for weeks, and because of problems at home I've never been able to meet him. Hopefully I will this week. I guess it would be just nice to know that it is possible to get everything sorted before next year.

Anyways, thanks for the reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well yes, the general type of people that move to those places at my age is a general concern of mine. I'm wondering how many of them were actually 'kicked out'. If I ever do come into contact with those sort, the plan is to keep my head down and get on with my life.

Yeah, it would have to be anyways. I cannot support myself at my age for obvious reasons. I'm worried about those places, but it can't be worse than where I am now. The problem is I might not even meet the guy, I've been trying to get in contact with him again for weeks, and because of problems at home I've never been able to meet him. Hopefully I will this week. I guess it would be just nice to know that it is possible to get everything sorted before next year.

Anyways, thanks for the reply.
    I would have thought it would be i see no reason, just try and meet up with him, he is the person that is going to be able to explain and answer questions better then we can.

Good Luck Btw

(Original post by wilko1991)
    If the OP is Scottish this is not true. We become legal adults at 16.
    No, I'm not Scottish, wish I was though, I reside in England. You lot are so lucky. I hate Scotland simpy because your country is better than ours. :p:

I would have thought it would be i see no reason, just try and meet up with him, he is the person that is going to be able to explain and answer questions better then we can.

Good Luck Btw
    Thanks, I'll wish myself good luck too. I'll need it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No, I'm not Scottish, wish I was though, I reside in England. You lot are so lucky. I hate Scotland simpy because your country is better than ours. :p:
    Damn right.

ReputationRep:
    good luck but i recommend u dont move out

(Original post by taigan)
    good luck but i recommend u dont move out
    Well, I don't want to move out, it's hardly ideal, but for the sake of my well being, I don't have a choice. In a perfect world, I'd be happily here for another two years, like normal folk.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.