Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm an undergraduate planning to apply for MPhil Finance starting in 2010.

I would like to visit the university and department, but I've been unable to find details of a course open day.

Does anyone know if they will be running one? If not, what do you think would be the best way for me to take a look around?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Well there don't appear to be any postgrad specific open days and you've missed the general University Open Days.
    What you'll need to do is to email the Finance department and ask them when they would be willing to arrange time for you to meet some of the staff. At the same time spend some time thinking about the colleges you might want to join so that you can visit these when you arrive. You could email colleges and ask them to find a handy postgrad to speak to you and show you around, or alternatively you can simply show up and explain your situation to the porters who will let you nose about all you like.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much for the advice; I'll put it to good use!

ReputationRep:
    No problem :cool:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.