Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are they in every single place in society? Whether it's school, college, work there always seems to be a 'crew'.

Usually only friends with 1 or 2 other *****y kinds, they strut around thinking they own the place simply because of their (imo quite average) looks and completely ignoring everyone else apart from their fellow 'good looking' chums.

One day they might say hello and be really nice to one of the 'little people' thus creating the illusion they're not as bad as we all make out but next week you say hello to them in front of some people and you wouldn't think they'd ever clapped eyes on them before.

I just don't get it. I have a friend of a friend who is a quite well known TV actress. Couldn't meet a nicer person; lovely, warm, funny and not full of herself at all. If she was, it would still be annoying but at least she actually has something to feel big headed about; her success. The girls in question always seem to go to work in places where anyone (including myself here) could get into - shops. Hardly a life achievement, but of course we all have to do it at some point to rake in the dosh for uni or whatever. But just because you've been there a few weeks more than other people, doesn't make you owner of the world does it?

This isn't personal, by the way. I haven't actually had anything done to my by any of these fools just yet. I just get annoyed by people who look down on others, especially when they have no reason to. I have yet to encounter a guy who acts like this, but these kind of girls seem to do it to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionsquestions)
    Are they in every single place in society? Whether it's school, college, work there always seems to be a 'crew'.

Usually only friends with 1 or 2 other *****y kinds, they strut around thinking they own the place simply because of their (imo quite average) looks and completely ignoring everyone else apart from their fellow 'good looking' chums.

One day they might say hello and be really nice to one of the 'little people' thus creating the illusion they're not as bad as we all make out but next week you say hello to them in front of some people and you wouldn't think they'd ever clapped eyes on them before.

I just don't get it. I have a friend of a friend who is a quite well known TV actress. Couldn't meet a nicer person; lovely, warm, funny and not full of herself at all. If she was, it would still be annoying but at least she actually has something to feel big headed about; her success. The girls in question always seem to go to work in places where anyone (including myself here) could get into - shops. Hardly a life achievement, but of course we all have to do it at some point to rake in the dosh for uni or whatever. But just because you've been there a few weeks more than other people, doesn't make you owner of the world does it?

This isn't personal, by the way. I haven't actually had anything done to my by any of these fools just yet. I just get annoyed by people who look down on others, especially when they have no reason to. I have yet to encounter a guy who acts like this, but these kind of girls seem to do it to anyone.
    At present, who is the one *****ing? :rolleyes:

You can't do anything about them so why even care?

ReputationRep:
    Jealousy :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    At present, who is the one *****ing? :rolleyes:

You can't do anything about them so why even care?
    Complaining

ReputationRep:
    You haven't met the :camp: community yet, then. :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Jealousy :naughty:
    Of what? Delusionists?

ReputationRep:
    Of what? Delusionists?
    Prettier people.

Your insecurities make you crave their attention, and when they don't oblige, you feel hard done by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Prettier people.

Your insecurities make you crave their attention, and when they don't oblige, you feel hard done by.
    Thanks for your assessment on my life

There are prettier people in the place who I do talk to. These people are average looking.

Ladipidoo, were you; by any chance, on TSH early this morning, or was it an imitation?

ReputationRep:
    What you need to look out for are the subtle *****es. Look out for the people who crave the attention of others, or look to others for approval. In this society, the individual is becoming more and more rare.

To truly not call yourself a *****, you need to learn to be apathetic about these types of people.

And yes, they exist everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't get involved with it and leave them to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    Just don't get involved with it and leave them to it.
    Thanks doesn't stop me not understanding how these people can get to such a high level of arrogance though. Their only friends are each other.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks doesn't stop me not understanding how these people can get to such a high level of arrogance though. Their only friends are each other.
    It's just one of those things :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It's just one of those things :dontknow:
    True true.. I like you

ReputationRep:
    True true.. I like you

ReputationRep:
    Too nice

ReputationRep:
    If you want a collection of holier-than-thou people, look no further. I've read posts by some real d***s on here.

ReputationRep:
    They actually don't bother me at all.

ReputationRep:
    *****es will always be *****es
    btw it's probs not just you who dislike them. many do :p:

no one likes stuck up brats, except themselves..

ReputationRep:
    There were a lot in my sixth form.

Leave them to it. They won't get far in life if they discount so many people from them because of minor things like popularity and looks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.