Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmas1990)
    anyone who has an offer, do you know if you reply accepting your offer just by email now, or wait until you get that thing sent in the post? the email confused me
    ^^Ditto

I think I am just going to email them instead of waiting. If you know you are going to accept (as I am), just email them. That way you have responded to say the least...

ReputationRep:
    Hello budding pharmacists!

I have received an offer from Lloyds and am accepting it, since I have got a few rejections from other Pharmacies, therefore I am not taking any chances.

The proposal of this thread is to share any information of people who have previously undertaken a summer placement with Lloyds, OR, know anyone who has.

I suppose I am asking the customary questions of:
    What does it entail? Likes/dislikes.....etc

Lets just establish that, yes, Lloyds is retail and you may have had to do slave labour and sell nappies etc etc....I understand and appreciate that, but I want to know more about the ‘pharmacy student/experience’ component....lol.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanya4)
    What does that mean? Do first years not get put on hold?
    i don't know what it means. but i really want one a summar placement

ReputationRep:
    I'm on hold. Like last year, which means take it as a rejection.

ReputationRep:
    Still on hold....just have to wait for people to reject or accept there places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rondero)
    The hourly wage is £5.80 i.e. minimum wage for those over 21. You'll be working 39 hours and will accrue 2 days holiday which can either be taken or paid (about £90).

Boots has a lot of variation between stores on what they pay whereas for Lloyds it seems fixed unless you're working in London. Boots definitely pays more. For example a person in the same area as me is being paid £6.14.

Rondero, have you undertaken a Lloyds placement previously?

ReputationRep:
    hi
    been put on hold for lloyds but am accepting offer from boots.

ReputationRep:
    hi, I've just been accepted by Lloyds for the summer placement (1st year).

I tried to send an email reply but everytime I do I keep getting a message saying reply failed to send. I can send emails to other people so its nothing to do with my side of things. Does anyone know what might be wrong? It says I have to reply within five days so I don't want to lose this place.

Thanks in advance if anyone replies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rudi_dog)
    hi, I've just been accepted by Lloyds for the summer placement (1st year).

I tried to send an email reply but everytime I do I keep getting a message saying reply failed to send. I can send emails to other people so its nothing to do with my side of things. Does anyone know what might be wrong? It says I have to reply within five days so I don't want to lose this place.

Thanks in advance if anyone replies

That is strange. I have replied to them, and received a conformation email that they have obtained my response of acceptance...

Try sending an email from an alternative email address, but explaining that you could not send one from your own address?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looking243)
    That is strange. I have replied to them, and received a conformation email that they have obtained my response of acceptance...

Try sending an email from an alternative email address, but explaining that you could not send one from your own address?
    yeh just sent it on another email account and dosen't seem to have failed this time. How long did it take for a confirmation email to be sent back to you??

ReputationRep:
    yeh just sent it on another email account and dosen't seem to have failed this time. How long did it take for a confirmation email to be sent back to you??
    I emailed them over this weekend gone past, and I got a reply on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help, got confirmation email this afternoon, just have to wait till june now:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Shoot!!!
    I sent my acceptance email to the wrong address. I thought I just had to reply to back to the email lloyds sent me, and didnt realise there was a specfic address I had to send it to.
    I have sent it now but have I lost my placement as it says that they would like to hear from me in 5 days......oh no

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help, got confirmation email this afternoon, just have to wait till june now:woo:
    Cool! Same here. Feels a bit weird having applied so early, and having to wait 7 months until we actually start it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanya4)
    Shoot!!!
    I sent my acceptance email to the wrong address. I thought I just had to reply to back to the email lloyds sent me, and didnt realise there was a specfic address I had to send it to.
    I have sent it now but have I lost my placement as it says that they would like to hear from me in 5 days......oh no

We had to send a reply to the graduate recruitment at Lloyds. Still send them an email explaining your predicament?

ReputationRep:
    I have recieved an e-mail about 2 months ago saying I am on hold. Is there anyone that has been actually rejected yet? My e-mail says that those that are rejected are notified straight away when people are put on hold.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi hitesh1234356789,

What year are you in? I think some people on here were saying they are on hold....

ReputationRep:
    I'm in 2nd year...thing is I don't know anyone in my year with a place with lloyds.,..but people on here have apparently got places...

ReputationRep:
    Well to be frank, I think it might also depend on the location you applied, application strength etc etc.

I have no idea....

ReputationRep:
    I'm also on hold...I heard that they just keep saying that and late into the year and I mean LATE into the year they reject you...they really drag it on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.