Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I heard that a new elder scrolls game will be coming out soon. Is this true? and if it is, when would it be released?

ReputationRep:
    2010 I believe.

ReputationRep:
    i heard that also , I don't think there is any details on it yet a

ReputationRep:
    i really enjoyed oblivion so i cant wait...

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I played oblivion for 2 weeks, liked it but not enough, started playing again and got addicted for about 1.5 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taigan)
    Hey guys,
    I heard that a new elder scrolls game will be coming out soon. Is this true? and if it is, when would it be released?
    This was announced back at the end of October by Paul Oughton, executive producer at Bethesda.

"At the moment we've got Fallout 3 for this year and potentially there's a new Elder Scrolls title in 2010," said Oughton. "At the moment we're not that interested in the Wii. We're going to stick to PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. We'll continue to pursue three or four titles a year and go for big titles," he said of the company's publishing plans for the future.
    As far as I'm aware, no extra info has ever been mentioned about a possible fifth in the series, though we had a pretty good discussion a couple of months ago about what we'd like to see and where it could be set.

Also, the second title in the Elder Scrolls series, Daggerfall, has now been released as freeware to celebrate 15 years of Elder Scrolls (Arena, released as freeware five years ago, was originally released 15 years ago). Bethesda released it for free last Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xTazx)
    I played oblivion for 2 weeks, liked it but not enough, started playing again and got addicted for about 1.5 years.
    Exactly the same as me!! I had to uninstall it eventually as it got too distracting. I think it's in the pile next to counter strike lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Also, the second title in the Elder Scrolls series, Daggerfall, has now been released as freeware to celebrate 15 years of Elder Scrolls (Arena, released as freeware five years ago, was originally released 15 years ago). Bethesda released it for free last Thursday
    Ooh, I might actually try Daggerfall. Hopefully it’s easier than its predecessor, Arena; I could never get out of the starting dungeon!

I look forward to the new Elder Scrolls instalment. In terms of setting, I hope it will be vastly different from its predecessors. Personally I’m hoping for Elsweyr, with maybe a desert, Arabian feel… WITH GIANT SAND WORMS, but I don’t think Bethesda will cater for my whims.

ReputationRep:
    New what!? Where?:nutcase:

Oh:sad: yeah its gonna take a while

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't this meant to be an MMORPG?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    Ooh, I might actually try Daggerfall. Hopefully it’s easier than its predecessor, Arena; I could never get out of the starting dungeon!

I look forward to the new Elder Scrolls instalment. In terms of setting, I hope it will be vastly different from its predecessors. Personally I’m hoping for Elsweyr, with maybe a desert, Arabian feel… WITH GIANT SAND WORMS, but I don’t think Bethesda will cater for my whims.
    I think this is an AMAZING idea and I wish they would do something like this!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    El Nombre, this sounds like a mixture of Dune and Beetlejuice. Nevertheless, with Bethesda's success with the sci-fi Fallout 3 i'm certain we can expect a more imaginative, perhaps more modern environment for the new ES. Of course it could not be 'futuristic', but could include steam power, experiments with electricity, machines of warfare (etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catsmeat)
    El Nombre, this sounds like a mixture of Dune and Beetlejuice. Nevertheless, with Bethesda's success with the sci-fi Fallout 3 i'm certain we can expect a more imaginative, perhaps more modern environment for the new ES. Of course it could not be 'futuristic', but could include steam power, experiments with electricity, machines of warfare (etc).
    Remember, though, that there's a LOT of lore within the Elder Scrolls universe, and adding all that sort of **** risks throwing the lore down the toilet. I'd imagine a lot of TES fans would rather that a new game in the series sticks to the standard fantasy/medieval-esque blend that has been successful not only in TES but in most fantasy RPGs for the past 35 years, from the days of Dungeons & Dragons in 1974.

Sticking with the lore aspect, the only place where such things could be remotely conceivable would be Summerset Isle. It's the home of the Altmer, who have an extremely strong link with magicka, and it's also not gone into in any great detail in lore, so some scientific experiments could possibly fit in due to the nature of the inhabitants and the general air of mystery that surrounds the islands...it would also give Bethesda a chance to simply experiment with such stuff; if (as I'd suspect) the general TES fanbase would disapprove of it, they can dump it for TES6 and keep Summerset Isle hidden in lore, but if it's successful then they can sort out some story where residents of Summerset Isle have opened up about what goes on over there and the technology can come across to mainland Tamriel (probably starting off in Valenwood and/or Cyrodiil, and spreading from there to other provinces)

ReputationRep:
    tbh just go buy fallout 3

(Original post by Dalimyr)
    You are helpful sometimes aren't you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabbamuffin)
    You are helpful sometimes aren't you!
    I have my moments :angel: I prefer being a sarky ***** but helpfulness has its place :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.