Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advantages of the pill (over condoms) for girls? Watch

Hi, I was just wondering, if you are using the pill to replace condoms, what are the advantages for girls? (other than it means you aren't interrupted)

Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    - Not having to worry about getting pregnant if the condom does break
    - Regular Periods (although they can be heavier depends on the girl)
    - Being able to miss a period if your going on holiday although doing that too often is bad

Me and my bf still use condoms sometimes as well as me being on the pill as the 'mess' isnt nice i feel much better afterwards if we use a condom but it feels better for both of us without. Being doubly protected isnt a bad thing either obv.

ReputationRep:
    - It can feel better physically (for both the guy and girl)

- Periods are not only regular, but also can be lighter and less painful.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    -Increased intimacy
    -Regular, less painful, lighter periods (usually)
    -Spontaneous sex
    -Much less likely to get pregnant
    -Being in control of your cycle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkflamingoes)
    - Regular Periods (although they can be heavier depends on the girl)
    - Being able to miss a period if your going on holiday
    Depends on which pill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Depends on which pill.
    Thought that was kind of obvious, and itll all be explained to them if they go to the doctor..

ReputationRep:
    You can go for months without a period if you want. In fact when i went to the doctor a month ago to get more of my pill, he asked "how often do you want to have a period", and could give me more pills if i didn't want to have a period at all for a while!
    Plus it's harder to get condoms for free as they aren't available everywhere.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.