Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So you can be on TV starring in Top Gear, trying to (pretend to) shoot Jeremy Clarkson and fiddle around with some pretty cool machinery all at someone else's expense.

Simples.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to join the armed forces, but I'm not brave enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    That's because you're Indian, not British.
    I have Indian friends who consider themselves as British as me (I'm white). At the time of the 'British Nationality Act 1948' citizens of British colonies such as India were entitled to a British passport. It is possibe to be British with Indian herritiage :yep:

ReputationRep:
    War is never the answer, still I think we have to show our respect for people who choose to defend the country with their body but I do not think that they are more or less heroes than doctors or teachers are.

(Original post by Dr Acula)
    I'd love to join the armed forces, but I'm not brave enough
    You love Scrubs. That's all that counts :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    I have Indian friends who consider themselves as British as me (I'm white). At the time of the 'British Nationality Act 1948' citizens of British colonies such as India were entitled to a British passport. It is possibe to be British with Indian herritiage :yep:
    Are they Teshla? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tucker672)
    4) You seem to be bringing up race alot :rolleyes:
    op never once mentioned race :rofl2: unless youre trying to suggest muslim and foreigners are races :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexQ)
    3 words: French Foreign legion - seriously when Legionaires get back from deployment they recieve more respect from the french public than british soldiers do from their own country.

But seriously I think most people (including me!) are very greatfull for our troops
    well no, youre wrong there

the legion are the first into any conflict france is involved in, why? because they dont care, i mean who would care about a bunch of foreigners getting killed? and as for the repsect of the public, thats completely dependant on the part of france they are in, in the south where the regiments are based theyre not very well liked :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Are they Teshla? :curious:
    lol. Nope never spoken to him but I like the detective work there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    op never once mentioned race :rofl2: unless youre trying to suggest muslim and foreigners are races :dontknow:
    I made a mistake and couldn't be bothered to edit it :p: The point still stands the OP mentioned "muslim and foreigners" alot.

Better ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    well no, youre wrong there

the legion are the first into any conflict france is involved in, why? because they dont care, i mean who would care about a bunch of foreigners getting killed? and as for the repsect of the public, thats completely dependant on the part of france they are in, in the south where the regiments are based theyre not very well liked :wink2:
    In that case I stand corrected :eek:

Out of curiosity how do know this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tucker672)
    I made a mistake and couldn't be bothered to edit it :p: The point still stands the OP mentioned "muslim and foreigners" alot.

Better ?
    yes :wink2: :awesome:

(Original post by alexQ)
    In that case I stand corrected :eek:

Out of curiosity how do know this?
    because i plan on applying next year :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilko1991)
    I was talking to someone who said they wanted to join the army to "kill some Pakis". I was going to correct him and say you would more likely be kill some Afgans but I didn't.
    What a load of tosh.

ReputationRep:
    yawwwn i think we know what's going on here if you read between the lines!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    because i plan on applying next year :moon:
    Are you? In what role?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Are you? In what role?
    i dont know, hopefully 2REP

gotta get past selection first :teeth: but im working on that :bandit:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    i dont know, hopefully 2REP

gotta get past selection first :teeth: but im working on that :bandit:
    2REP is the French Foreign Parachute Regiment right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    You assume they're not selfish. It's an exciting career in itself, as well as a wage earner.
    Hardly, the wages are crap. I would be on a lot more in civilian street in my selected profession. Generally it's a lot more to do with pride than selfishness.

:top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    2REP is the French Foreign Parachute Regiment right?
    yeah man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    yeah man
    What made you choose that?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.