Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cancer in awkward place? GIRLS ONLY PLEASE!! Watch

Since I was 10, one of my inner labias has started changing shape, size and colour I've figured this might be extremely abnormal...

However, I'm 16 now, and I've realised that labia has become so big compared to my other one, it pops out past my outer labias (sorry for the detail...). It's gone a pretty dark colour...almost black it's sort of in the very dark redish purple colour and it's very lumpy...almost looks lyk a small testicle WHAT THE HELL IS IT!? I'm worried it might be cancer because it had been growing at a very slow rate between ages 10 and 14...I think now it's stopped growing...Oh and it can't be an STD as I'm not sexually active :yes:

But can someone help me out...can it actually be cancer?

I'm pretty scared about going to the doctor because, in order to go to the doctor, I have to tell my dad about it before he could take me (single parent) and I have no other relatives or friends living near by...

I just need help on what it might be THANKS!! (sorry for the detail )

ReputationRep:
    You don't HAVE to tell your dad..just say you need to go to the doctors and could he take you for an appointment?

ReputationRep:
    Say you're going to get something else looked at, or you've been having stomach pains or something.

ReputationRep:
    I just read that. I have a penis. You got a problem with that?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I know your post said girls only but the title intrigued me. ok, so. If this started when you were 10 years old it sounds like the start of puberty, obviously there will be physical changes. It is very probable that this is completely normal and just your bodys own way of developing. However, I urge caution and reccomend you see your doctor if only to put your mind at rest.
    Hope this helps,
    Carl

ReputationRep:
    Doc

ReputationRep:
    Again, male sorry, but I can help a little with this. I wouldn't want to do an internet diagnosis, but just as a rule girls under 20 don't get vulval cancer. It is more than likely something that can be dealt with rather easily via a GPs surgery, if you go and see him. As a competent (In the legal sense) 16 year old you can see your doctor without your Dad being involved at all, disclosure to him would in fact be illegal without your express permission. I would encourage you off the internet where you're going to run into all kinds of unpleasantness and into a GPs surgery where it can be seen by someone who knows what they're on about and dealt with.

ReputationRep:
    see a doctor!!!

Hey... I had that too a few years ago :s
    I just left it and it started to heal though. This website might be helpful:
    http://www.medhelp.org/search?query=labia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonya_x)
    Um, ok, honestly? My life isnt that easy and I can't really go into depth with it (as to not get off topic and bore you LOL) but I can't just simply ask my dad to take me to the docs. I want to know if anybody might recognize what it might be. If I've been given enough evidence that it could be cancerous, then I'll have to go out of my way to go to the docs and find out.
    Anon fail
    Anyway, it may just be a cyst or growth of some sort - perhaps an infection.
    Just go to your local doctors and make an appointment, and I think they automatically give you a female doctor for things like this.
    She'll be nice and understanding and she will have seen a LOT worse than this before, so you have nothing to be worried about
    I highly doubt it's anything life-threatening anyway, but it's better to be safe

EDIT: You don't need your dad to take you! Go by yourself, you're old enough.

ReputationRep:
    Don't ask your dad to take you to the doctor's- just phone up yourself and ask to book an appointment, which you're well within your rights to do as you're 16.

ReputationRep:
    Then tell your dad you have an issue with your period and need to see a doctor. You don't have to explain the actual situation, but he'll know you don't want to go into it with him if it's a girly issue and will hopefully just take you. Then at the doctors explain what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Can't you go to the doctor by yourself? (Genuine question, not sarcasm)

ReputationRep:
    No one on here is qualified to diagnose cancer OP. I know its going to be a tough thing to do, but the only way you will find out is to see a doctor.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Tell your dad it's a girly problem, I'm sure he won't want to know any more than that. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *****)
    Um, ok, honestly? My life isnt that easy and I can't really go into depth with it (as to not get off topic and bore you LOL) but I can't just simply ask my dad to take me to the docs. I want to know if anybody might recognize what it might be. If I've been given enough evidence that it could be cancerous, then I'll have to go out of my way to go to the docs and find out.
    The fact that in previous threads you've talked about losing a lot of weight worries me. Go and see a doctor asap. You don't have to take your dad for now, but you'll be astonished the amount of support you will need if (god forbid) it is something serious.

i think it's pretty common, they're not always supposed to be all nice and symmetrical. One of mine is a bit darker/longer than the other, doc said was normal. doesn't cause me any problems

ReputationRep:
    Go see your doc, it might not be anything, but to be on the safe side go!

Hope its all well x

This is very common, don't worry about it! If you are worrying though, make an appointment with your doctor!

http://www.steadyhealth.com/Dark_Labia__t62885.html

ReputationRep:
    its quite normal, unless its itchy or causing discomfort i wouldnt worry about it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.