Turn on thread page Beta

Cancer in awkward place? GIRLS ONLY PLEASE!! watch

ReputationRep:
    It's really, really unlikely to be cancer. But, there are other, common, problems that can make things look or feel a bit odd. If you're worried, call your GP and make an appointment, ask for a GP that you feel comfortable with. You do not need to take anyone with you but it might help you if you do.

ReputationRep:
    However embarassed you may be feeling it's not worth keeping quiet about, go see your doctor, you will not be the first paitent to see him/her with this and I am certain you will not be the last, good luck

ReputationRep:
    if you're worried[which you obviously are] then see your doctor about it. yes, it might be embarassing.. but it's better to be safe than sorry, eh?

i can talk from personal experience when i say.. go to the doctor! don't put it off.. i'm paying the price for doing that now.. it's not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't sound like cancer. It dosn't even sound threatening. No idea what it is though. Doesnt sound to out of the ordinary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AEH)
    I wouldn't want to do an internet diagnosis, but just as a rule girls under 20 don't get vulval cancer.
    Yeh but they say you cant get chicken pox twice and you can.

ReputationRep:
    Like I say, as a rule. You can never fully exclude weirdness but you need to work to the odds and the odds say it almost never happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    Yeh but they say you cant get chicken pox twice and you can.
    Do you really think medicine has absolutes? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Do you really think medicine has absolutes? :confused:
    That's what i was trying to imply . That it doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    That's what i was trying to imply . That it doesn't.
    I'm sure AEH is aware of this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    I'm sure AEH is aware of this...
    'but just as a rule girls under 20 don't get vulval cancer.'
    I was just trying to state that wasn't necessarily true and therefore its advise to get checked.

ReputationRep:
    'but just as a rule girls under 20 don't get vulval cancer.'
    I was just trying to state that wasn't necessarily true and therefore its advise to get checked.
    Isn't that what AEH advised?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.