Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hi

plz. i need some advice as to whether i would qualify as the NHS say only grades 4 or 5 would be accepted. i have an appointment soon but am just wondering if they would say yes or turn me away.

im not sure how to explain this...but i have a "double tooth" on the bottom row where one tooth has grown in front of another and the one at the back has not naturally fallen out (as my dentist said it would)...would this be above grades 1,2 and 3? and as time has gone on, the tooth that was supposed to have fallen out hasnt fallen and has been forced to shift out of its place quite sufficiently leaving a gap between the new tooth and old tooth.

i googled the scale and the pictures of the 1, 2 and 3 dont seem to have double teeth...they're just a bit wonky really.

please help dentists/dental students?

bump

ReputationRep:
    Probably not.

IOTN 4+5 are generally quit severe problems that interfere with function such as skeletal discrepancies, large buckteeth... Or put you at further risk of disease.

It would depend on how big the gap is.

Why was this tooth supposed to have "fallen out". Is it a retained baby tooth? If so, you might qualify for hospital treatment.

(Original post by Magnanimity)
    Probably not.

IOTN 4+5 are generally quit severe problems that interfere with function such as skeletal discrepancies, large buckteeth... Or put you at further risk of disease.

It would depend on how big the gap is.

Why was this tooth supposed to have "fallen out". Is it a retained baby tooth? If so, you might qualify for hospital treatment.
    yeahit is a baby tooth and the gap is quite big, my little finger can fit through it. and because the baby tooth did not fall out the adult tooth that has grown didn't fully take the original place of the baby tooth and is a lot more 'forward' than it should be and isnt alligned with the other teeth. and because of the dogdy allignement it has pushed back the tooth on the other side of it (one of the middle teeth on the bottom row) making that wonky too.

oh and just to add, its so misalligned it nearly covers the whole of the tooth on the other side.

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought you'd need a dental assessment to decide all this?

well yeah. my dentist referred me to an orthodontist at the hospital where they decide whether to treat me or not. i just created the thread to try and see if they would decide to treat me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.