Turn on thread page Beta

how to get rid of an appendicitis scar? watch

ReputationRep:
    how to get rid of an appendicitis scar?
    i heard "Mederma" helps, anyone used this?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to? I have one and it's really quite small- no-one's ever commented on it as no-one sees it, it's so low down.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you'd never find it if you weren't looking for it.

ReputationRep:
    Bio-oil? It won't get rid of it, but it'll probably reduce the visibility.

ReputationRep:
    How old is it?

ReputationRep:
    the tiniest little scar ever! Why'd you want too? I guess if its an old one it can be kinda big. Personally i've been using coca butter by palmers for stretchmarks i aquired when i was fat, and it has been working really well, and they're fading much quicker, it does say it can be used for scars aswell, why not try that? other than that just learn to live with it..chicks dig scars

ReputationRep:
    hmm i've had my appendix scar for 9 years now, I quite like it, almost like a tatoo...! But as someone else mentioned..you could try using Bio Oil on it.. has really good reviews for removing scars. You have to use it for a minimum of 3 months though (morning and night) before you see any effects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbgeek)
    how to get rid of an appendicitis scar?
    i heard "Mederma" helps, anyone used this?
    I had my appendix operation 8 years ago (freaked out as it was my first op, had another op on eye two years ago feels fine), back then the scar stood out like a sore thumb. Now I actually do not notice it much, it could be that I just got used to it...

In any sense if a scar seems too noticable I think people get surgery to cover it up, but it will be non-essential, so I can't see the NHS paying for it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It will fade in time, but you could try Bio-Oil and Palmers Cocoa Butter on it.

ReputationRep:
    I had appendix removed 2 weeks ago and have a 6" wound / scar. When can I start using bio oil staples have been removed is it to soon ?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.