Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got exczma on my legs but need a summer dress for a wedding Watch

ReputationRep:
    Iv got horrible exczma up my legs and I've got a wedding to go to on Saturday. It's in Germany so it will clearly be absolutely boiling, and I need a dress. I really can't find any decent looking maxi dresses and think it would look really weird anyway as Im 16. Please help - I need something to help cover my legs up whilst still looking slightly formal but extremely sexy/nice/pretty etc. I dont want to be the fuddy duddy :s - any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe wear natural coloured tights with a knee length dress?
    Or would that irritate your exczma?
    http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Full-L...t=-1&clr=Black
    Or leggings with something... Although it'd get hot...

ReputationRep:
    Tights.

And try E45-clears mine up quickly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just-Alex)
    Iv got horrible exczma up my legs and I've got a wedding to go to on Saturday. It's in Germany so it will clearly be absolutely boiling, and I need a dress. I really can't find any decent looking maxi dresses and think it would look really weird anyway as Im 16. Please help - I need something to help cover my legs up whilst still looking slightly formal but extremely sexy/nice/pretty etc. I dont want to be the fuddy duddy :s - any tips?
    I have it too. I'd do for something a bit low cut and a couple of inches above the knee with opaque tights. That way you can still look 'sexy/nice/pretty' but still formal, covering you legs (technically) unless the ezcema is really bad in which case I'd probably wear trousers.

ReputationRep:
    As other people have said, tights or leggings.

You should definitely put some moisturiser on your legs. I get eczema when I have too much gluten (wheat, so bread, pasta, rice, etc etc) so try to avoid it.

ReputationRep:
    if its really bad, go to your gp who cna prescribe some mild steroid cream.
    take luke warm baths/showers and put calamine lotion on your legs when your at home to soothe the ithcing. also, walk around the house with bare legs and stick to cotton pants.
    for the maxi dress, im not sure what your budget is but on the high street river island and h&m normally have decent ones this time of year.
    ASOS (google it) have fairly good looking ones ranigng from £20 to £200, it's probably worth trawling through the pages and pages of dresses to see if you like anything
    hope that was helpful

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh eczema!! It's the devil. Go to your GP and get some corticosteroid cream; works wonders

ReputationRep:
    Get some funky coloured tights.
    If you feel uncomfortable with the exczma, I wouldn't suggest natural, as you may still be able to see them.
    Wear ones that go nicely with your dress.
    I like red/purple the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just-Alex)
    Hi there, i have eczema too but my Doctor gave me Betnovate Ointment (betamethasone valerate) and it is like a miracle cream and clears up real quick. See if you can get hold of it from your Dr. I was prescribed it as it is the only thing thats really works for me. Otherwise try E45 as that is a weaker cream than the one i mentioned above.
    Hope it helps

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.