Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want a nice mac/trench for autumn/winter, preferably a modern, unique one.

Just wondering if anyone has seen any cheap ones in the sales anywhere?

Something along the lines of these would be ideal:

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Frill-...&clr=Soft+Pink

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Dip-Si...rt=3&clr=Stone

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I went looking for trench coats recently, unfortunately they seem to be out of season so there's not too many around. Try Miss Selfridge, or else Debenham's (they had some asymmetric ones - I actually ended up getting their classic version as it fit better, but I'm very happy with the price and quality).

ReputationRep:
    hnm usually have some. you might have to wait until the A/W stock comes in though in a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    cheap, unique and nice don't usually go together. especially not when it comes to trench coats in july. other than the asos sale i don't think anywhere has them in right now. you could try trawling ebay? otherwise wait 'til august/september when a/w stock is coming out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellybaby)
    I really want a nice mac/trench for autumn/winter, preferably a modern, unique one.

Just wondering if anyone has seen any cheap ones in the sales anywhere?

Something along the lines of these would be ideal:

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Frill-...&clr=Soft+Pink

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Dip-Si...rt=3&clr=Stone

Thanks
    What colour? to be honest I brought a coat from ASOS last year and sent it back the material was not nice but nice fitting though.

ReputationRep:
    At this time of year I'd suggest ebay, you'll be able to pick up some nice things from previous seasons for quite a good price. Plus it will feel better once it's yours knowing you possibly fought off other people to have it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutie)
    What colour? to be honest I brought a coat from ASOS last year and sent it back the material was not nice but nice fitting though.
    beige would be my first choice but im not too fussed what colour, ahh right is asos stuff bad quality then? ive never bought anything from there

ReputationRep:
    I just brought a leather jacket to take me into the colder windy months untill I come across something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellybaby)
    beige would be my first choice but im not too fussed what colour, ahh right is asos stuff bad quality then? ive never bought anything from there
    Well I brought beige coat from there cost me £64 it was awful if you do watch the cut off it and not something too lengthy as the material most of them come in doesnt look good long. I was suprised it came all creased aswell and beige wasnt the best colour they had. Although try it it might look okay on you,you could always send it back you have 14 days i think. Also there sale is rather good most that stock will go back up in price.

ReputationRep:
    I was in New Look the other weekend and I bought this gorgeous navy one for £12- they have a load of macs in the sale. They had a red and beige in two other styles. The only one on their website I could find is:
    http://www.newlook.co.uk/1551908/155...ctDetails.aspx
    but there's better instore...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star_violet)
    I went looking for trench coats recently, unfortunately they seem to be out of season so there's not too many around.
    Trenches are never out of season! They're an absolute staple. Tulip shaped coats are indeed on their way out though.
    OP, I got a gorge red trench from H&M for £30, and a beige one (colour is in for coats atm) from New Look for about the same. Ya just need to have a nip round the shops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shell_owusu)
    I was in New Look the other weekend and I bought this gorgeous navy one for £12- they have a load of macs in the sale. They had a red and beige in two other styles. The only one on their website I could find is:
    http://www.newlook.co.uk/1551908/155...ctDetails.aspx
    but there's better instore...:p:
    Thanks a lot for that, I'll definitely have a look in there :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I bought a gorgeous one in TK Maxx clearance today! Try there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiepickles)
    I bought a gorgeous one in TK Maxx clearance today! Try there
    its kind of a mission in there because its all mixed up lolz

ReputationRep:
    True! but you can find some gems on rare occasions! But then I like to rummage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Trenches are never out of season! They're an absolute staple. Tulip shaped coats are indeed on their way out though.
    OP, I got a gorge red trench from H&M for £30, and a beige one (colour is in for coats atm) from New Look for about the same. Ya just need to have a nip round the shops.
    I agree, I don't think they're ever out of season either, I just meant I didn't seem to find as many in the shops as I would have thought. I assume the sales must be somewhat seasonal, since I just didn't find as many as I tend to see around in winter time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.