Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend texting another girl - what should I do? Watch

(Original post by cowsgoquack)
    Break up with him. He deserves a life outside you.
    Your right I should let him text girls when drunk asking if they have a free house and if he can come round just the two of them :rolleyes:

Have you listened to anything thats been said?! God!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Your right I should let him text girls when drunk asking if they have a free house and if he can come round just the two of them :rolleyes:

Have you listened to anything thats been said?! God!
    Aw I'm glad you see that now! Maybe you don't need to dump him afterall! Best of luck you two!

(Original post by gez_09*)
    That's understandable and something that COULD have happened, but it didn't. Thing is it's one of those things that you can't do much about because you can't keep a close watch on when he talks/texts her because you'd be in the wrong for spying on him, and you can't dump him for something he could potentially do in the future (all relationships have that risk). You'd be best just to let it go, move on and try and get back to normal with him. You gotta put your heart and trust on the line, or relationships will never work. It doesn't sound like he would cheat on you though
    Thanks that has helped alot. Its made me see im more upset through worry that it could have happened and therefore could happen again, but as you said I guess I just need to learn to trust him again, hope that he doesn't ever actually do anything with anyone else in the future. Im just scared ill get hurt..but I guess thats a risk we all have to take! Thanks

(Original post by cowsgoquack)
    Aw I'm glad you see that now! Maybe you don't need to dump him afterall! Best of luck you two!
    Have you actually ever been in a relationship before or do you just have one of these attitudes were you don't give a toss who or what your bf does as long as he can fit you in once a week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Have you actually ever been in a relationship before or do you just have one of these attitudes were you don't give a toss who or what your bf does as long as he can fit you in once a week?
    more like fit in me once a week

ReputationRep:
    Hes probs nailing this other girl. Fair play to him.

ReputationRep:
    Just been through similar and it sucks! He texted his female friend but I could tell by his behaviour there was more to it and he admitted she fancies him and he had been texting her for a week. It's the second time this has happened and I went MAD. I told him if he needs other woman to make him happy he can have them but he can't have me. I told him how HURT I was and it was disrepectful because she knew he had a girlfriend and it made me look like and feel a FOOL that he kept texting and encouraging her. I said it's not his friends I am worried about! I know who's in his life because he talks about them and even flirts a bit but thats ok cos they are not trying to get in his pants! We both have our own lives too! I told him I was worth so much more and he made me feel second best. He can have this woman but he cannot have me. Well I had to because the first time I let it go to easily. If he can get away with it he will. You are worth being respected If he chooses her then the girl did you a favour. If he cuts contact with her then your the one he wants. Your happiness health and well-being count to. Your worth respect. My boyfriend blocked this women same night. I have to learn to trust him again but now I laid down some bounderies maybe we can build a trusting and mutually respectful relationship. I love him soo much and that's why I did what I did it was a risk but if I didn't do it I would have lost him anyway or lost my own sense of value and worth. Goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berespected)
    Just been through similar and it sucks! He texted his female friend but I could tell by his behaviour there was more to it and he admitted she fancies him and he had been texting her for a week. It's the second time this has happened and I went MAD. I told him if he needs other woman to make him happy he can have them but he can't have me. I told him how HURT I was and it was disrepectful because she knew he had a girlfriend and it made me look like and feel a FOOL that he kept texting and encouraging her. I said it's not his friends I am worried about! I know who's in his life because he talks about them and even flirts a bit but thats ok cos they are not trying to get in his pants! We both have our own lives too! I told him I was worth so much more and he made me feel second best. He can have this woman but he cannot have me. Well I had to because the first time I let it go to easily. If he can get away with it he will. You are worth being respected If he chooses her then the girl did you a favour. If he cuts contact with her then your the one he wants. Your happiness health and well-being count to. Your worth respect. My boyfriend blocked this women same night. I have to learn to trust him again but now I laid down some bounderies maybe we can build a trusting and mutually respectful relationship. I love him soo much and that's why I did what I did it was a risk but if I didn't do it I would have lost him anyway or lost my own sense of value and worth. Goodluck!
    This thread is over six years old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Jeez, I often text guy friends with what could be considered 'flirty' talk, but I'd never encourage them or even want them to break up with their partners! It's more of a bit of a laugh, in the blokey sense, and they realise that and respect that. :lolwut:
    Lighten up a little, OP
    How would you feel if you had a boyfriend and a girl was sending him flirty messages?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.