Turn on thread page Beta

What music will be remembered from this decade watch

ReputationRep:
    Kanye West and Green Day....Mabe Maroon 5 and Take That.

Personally i'm going to remember....N-DUBZ....YOU MUST BE JOKING.. LOL

althought i do listen to "Number one" from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    Amy Winehouse

She is one ****** up women but her music is pretty outstanding stuff, and will be remembered.

ReputationRep:
    Tinchy Stryder

Muse. =/

ReputationRep:
    bleeding love made history

ReputationRep:
    Britney Spears!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've often wondered this, for me nothing stands out as much as from previous decades. I completely agree with The Killers and Coldplay. Snow Patrol, Keane, Muse, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, Green Day, Take That, Beyonce? Probably mostly mainstream indie and r&b/hip-hop. I want to say Oasis but they will be remembered for the 90's.

ReputationRep:
    This decade will be remembered for producing sub-standard regurgitations of previous decades' masterpieces.

ReputationRep:
    Probably TTs comeback.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, as others have said, I think The Killers the most (excluding bands that have been around for decades).

Mr Brightside seems to have become an anthem of our generation, so I reckon it will always be remembered.

ReputationRep:
    Jizz in my Pants.

But seriously, almost certainly Killers, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Strokes, Foo Fighters, Justin Timberlake, Snoop Dogg, 50 cent, Franz Ferdinand, Green Day, Muse, Nickleback, RHCP, Snow Patrol, Sum 41.

ReputationRep:
    Kings of Leon, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Kanye West, Rhianna (umbrella), Justin Timberlake (cryyyy me a river), Take That, Pink, Gwen Stefani maybe?, Eminem, Franz Ferdinand, Avril Lavigne.. she's still on kareoke, Girls Aloud, Pussycat Dolls, Kylie Minogue (can't get you out of head), Leona Lewis, Katy Perry, Snow Patrol, Coldplay.

My Chemical Romance, not on mainstream radios but it'll be remembered by rock stations along with Green Day and Fall Out Boy. They'll probably play Dance Dance and American Idiot and I'm Not Okay and so on, just the overplayed singles. I'd like to think they'd play Muse on mainstream but they probably won't. Edit: System of a Down, Korn (freak on a leash, I love that song) and Placebo also for rock stations.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be pissed off as hell in 20 years time if I look back and call myself a "naughties" teen and see people viewing the music era as the era of Fallout Boy and all that *****.

Seriously, if I could get on a time train to take my back to being 13 in 1992 then I'd be on it like a Jew on a wholesale weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing has really struck out as something that will be remembered for the ages.

Maybe the ones that broke the records, like Arctic Monkeys and Gnarls Barkley. I don't think any of the music has a chance of being remembered just yet.

The only good albums were from the bands that had been around before such as The Strokes.

ReputationRep:
    Producers like Timbaland, etc
    Eminem
    Reality TV winners - Leona Lewis, Girls Aloud....
    Rihanna, Beyonce
    Sugababes (UK?)
    Artic Monkeys, Snow Patrol, The Killers, Kasabian
    Return of Take That (UK)
    Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera
    Usher, Justin Timberlake
    The Return of Electropop (late 2000s)
    All the emerging female vocalists - Amy Winehouse, Duffy, Lily Allen etc!

ReputationRep:
    Besides those already mentioned The White Stripes and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs surely!

ReputationRep:
    Muse. Radiohead. Sigur Ros. Elliott Smith. Franz Ferdinand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    I think that ne-yo will be remembered from this decade as he's a talented song writer and singer.....

i know this has nothing to do with the thread but can anyone help me cos i want to start my own thread but i just don't know how......
    x
    where all the other threads are near the bottom of the page it says 'create new thread'

ReputationRep:
    As far as rock music goes, maybe Foos, RHCP and Radiohead, although then again they'll probably be remembered more for the 90s.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.