Turn on thread page Beta

What music will be remembered from this decade watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PauloG.)
    John Frusciante and Flea from the RHCP's play on the studio records of the Mars Volta, did you knew that?

You migh want to give a listen to Sparta, another band which formed after At the drive-in disbanded.
    Flea and Frusciante (but especially Flea) seem to pop up all over the place in the music world. e.g. Flea played bass on one of the songs on Alanis Morisette's "Jagged Little Pill" album.

(Original post by Jelephant)
    Because the Killers fall into the same crowd- pleasing, easy to sell music the masses fall for. Seriously, ever since "Somebody told me" and "Mr Brightside" christ knows how long ago, they've either disappeared or I've had a bout of memory loss. If people hadn't already mentioned them on this thread I'd never have thought about them at all.
    Absolutely, I just don't get everyone talking about The Killers - I always hear Somebody Told Me and Mr. Brightside in the clubs. But I can't remember hearing a new killers song in ages. I know and have listened to Hot Fuss and I assume they must have released more albums by now, but I've heard nothing of them in years.

ReputationRep:
    Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine...

ReputationRep:
    Leona Lewis will be remembered as one of the best voices of this decade

ReputationRep:
    No Nadeem

ReputationRep:
    Over the course of thenext few decades i think that these bands will be remembered:-

- Radiohead (Kid A, Amnesiac, In Rainbows)
    - Arctic Monkeys
    - Possibly Sigur Ros, hopeful
    - Coldplay
    - I think also maybe this decade will be seen in the way of trends, such as emo, indie, etc

- I want to say the Libertines, as they're my favourite band, however, i just think that if they don't get back together they'll slip into obsurity apart from those who actually liked them specificallly.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.