Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    and i really dont like it

i wanted it on the side of my wrist, but its on my arm and i hate it

now im very depressed and i might go and cry lol

ReputationRep:
    When you say "on the side of my wrist" did you mean the outside bit?. Perhaps the tattooist thought you meant your arm. Did you not try to either stop him or tell him that he was about to put it on the wrong place?.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear...Well unless you want to go for the laser removal treatment (that supposedly hurts more than the tattoo itself and costs a bomb) you're gonna have to live with it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well, usually they put the stencil on you and ask you if you like where it will be. Didn't the tattooist do this?

ReputationRep:
    Were you blindfolded whilst he was doing it?

ReputationRep:
    You're not used to seeing it, give it some time and you might start liking it more.

ReputationRep:
    You've discovered one of the many reasons why being tatooed is a bad idea

ReputationRep:
    didn't he put the stencil on you first?

ReputationRep:
    What is it of?

ReputationRep:
    Pic?
    You could always get a cover up tattoo, but that might make it worse if you dont already like the positioning.

ReputationRep:
    Surely you noticed where the tattooist placed the stencil? OR if it was freehand, surely you noticed where he/she started doing it, at the very least you would have felt it. Why didnt you tell them to stop?

ReputationRep:
    Did you not make it explicitly clear as to where you wanted it? And when he proceeded to tattoo the area did you not tell him where you really wanted it? And did he not stencil it first?

ReputationRep:
    i showed him where i wanted it with my elbow leaning on something so my arm was facing up, and then he said okay lay your arm down, so i did and then he put the stencil on, and from the angle that i was looking at, it looked about right. He didnt ask if it was okay, just did it and then when i put my arm up it wasnt where i wanted it at all. not putting pictures up its too bad

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear...as what everyone else is saying really...stencil?

edit..just seen your post. I'm sure if you like the actual tattoo design itself, the positioning isn't toooooooo much to worry about. It could've been worse.

ReputationRep:
    You could have told him it was in the wrong place, or asked to have a proper look at it in a mirror or something before he continued. Sadly you'll have to live with it

ReputationRep:
    what is the tattoo of?

ReputationRep:
    You should have asked to look in a mirror to make sure it was exactly where you wanted it. How big is it/what is it of?

ReputationRep:
    He should have made sure you were entirely happy about it, but you shouldn't have just let him do it if it was only "about right".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Did you not make it explicitly clear as to where you wanted it? And when he proceeded to tattoo the area did you not tell him where you really wanted it? And did he not stencil it first?
    This.
    When i had my koi, my tattooist had to place the stencil on 4 times because i didnt like the placement, for starters he put it on back to front! :eek:

Odeary . . . give it time OP - you'll get use to it.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.