Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Soap and hot water if its new :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Of all the things to not be sure on...

ReputationRep:
    ...Gutted.

ReputationRep:
    That seems very odd when I got all my tattoos I had my stencil positioned and I checked it myself in the mirror for quite some time before he would even start. Tattoo palours rely on word of mouth reputation for new custom so it seems a bit lax he carried on regardless. If you were too frightened to tell him it was in the right place are you sure you were mature enough for a tattoo.

ive found loads of tattooists to be imcompetent morons but you should of asked to go to the mirror to check if he didn't let you

ReputationRep:
    can't be that bad. What is it of out of interest?

It can't be as bad as my friend who came back from Thailand with a big tribal tattoo on his back. He showed it to me and I was like "Dude, your tatt is wonky" - Sure enough one side of his "symmetrical" tattoo is way bigger than the other side.

You might well have had second thoughts afterward even if it was in the right place. Eventually it'll become a part of you, even if you don't like it that much - like a mole.

ReputationRep:
    Lazerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr :yep:

ReputationRep:
    out of you and the tatooist, odds are one of you is a moron.

ReputationRep:
    Post a pic, it can't be that bad!

The only think you can really do about it is the laser thing..

ReputationRep:
    I blame you not the tatooist, i have one on my wrist, and am getting another one on saturday..and stencils were used, and i checked in the mirror, looked..checked the colours, etc. If you were so blase about it, then..well who is to blame?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    I blame you not the tatooist, i have one on my wrist, and am getting another one on saturday..and stencils were used, and i checked in the mirror, looked..checked the colours, etc. If you were so blase about it, then..well who is to blame?
    That's a bit harsh. If it's somebody's first time, then the onus is on the tattooist to make sure they're comfortable with everything before they start.

If the OP had gone to a decent artist, then this probably wouldn't have happened.

ReputationRep:
    I love the 'lol' at the end of your post

"OMG I wanted to have my boobs reduced but instead I got bigger ones. now I hate them even more lol"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    That's a bit harsh. If it's somebody's first time, then the onus is on the tattooist to make sure they're comfortable with everything before they start.

If the OP had gone to a decent artist, then this probably wouldn't have happened.

if it was someones first time they should have been more aware of the need to get it right!!! I remember my first time i realised i can't reverse the tattoo, and checked and double checked as i was so nervous about it

ReputationRep:
    Meh a wrist tattoo as your first is a dumb as idea anway

ReputationRep:
    i had mine a few months a go and at the time wished it was further round the front of my body, its on my ribs, but now i love it

it'll get better

ReputationRep:
    I reeeeeeally want to see what it looks like now!

ReputationRep:
    pics or it didn't happen

ReputationRep:
    Eh, you play with fire...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Meh a wrist tattoo as your first is a dumb as idea anway
    :yes: Then again, it depends if your employers dress policy. All my tats are within the T-shirt area. If you can go about your work without showing them then great but some people will take you less respectfully because of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    :yes: Then again, it depends if your employers dress policy. All my tats are within the T-shirt area. If you can go about your work without showing them then great but some people will take you less respectfully because of them.
    I'm pretty sure that's what i just said...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.