Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not wanting a relationship, are girls OK with this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    You'll change your mind when you find a girl who does the same thing to you.
    Ahh glory days Have fun, mister!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luci-x)
    Or maybe they really just aren't ready for a relationship?

I'm sure they often just arnt ready, but I'm also confident that if you were to say that to someone they would take it as a rejection more often than not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MayhemAM)
    In my eyes, when a girl says they are "not ready" for a relationship, it is a cliche way of saying they are not interested in the person.

My situation is that I like girls (before some people question sexuality) and love getting with them for a night at a club or whatever, but am simply not interested at all in a relationship boyfriend/girlfriend thing. I think you could say it is because I am not confident in my 'relationsip ability', but I see it as more of me not wanting a commitment, can't be bothered, content with being single etc

Do girls find this strange? Would it bother you if you were getting with someone, perhaps a "mates-mate", and it seemed like they were interested in you one night, yet the next day they simply didnt care and wanted only to remain friends at best? Would you hold anything against them?

The only person who I have asked in my life is my sister, who just laughed and said I was too "casual" and "relaxed" about girls when I talked to her about girls I met, like often I cba to ask for phone numbers when most other people would (after spending a significent length of time with someone else all my friends seem to ask for names and numbers).

Curious as to whether girls would see me as being a **** or jerk or something negative

Would prefer serious answers :p:

*edit*- I'm 16 by the way, had a couple of girlfriends before, when I was younger, didn't last too long. Maybe I'm just subconsciously waiting for the right girl?
    Okay well correct me if I'm wrong, but is what you are essentially asking 'are girls able to cope with one-night stands without having a subsequent mental breakdown and does it make me a bad person if I'm not willing to marry and forever love each random girl I choose to score avec?'

The answer is, shortly, the way you feel about relationships is nothing to do with your gender or manliness. It's more to do with being young, wishing to find out how far you can take things, what you can get away with, basically what's out there.... Believe it or not, it's perfectly acceptable to actually desire to play the field at the age of sixteen. I'm guessing a few people would've by now commented on the naivety of your question, but I guess you're only little so it's okay (teasssing but yeah still true)

Anyway, the fact is that plenty of girls, just like you, like going out there basically 'to score'... Although this may be attributed to whoredom and dickish nonchalance, it's actually quite fun. Go into a sick club, jump the queue, drink the free alcohol, grab a model and **** their brains out only to wake up feeling satisfied and willing to carry on partying regardless of any 'i-love-yous' and 'go-out-with-mes'

In short, the moral of the story is: it's fine as long as the people you're banging are hot (otherwise, what's your excuse for whoring?) and cool, and you're using your head as well as that raging thing in your boxers (that means, no screwing of childhood friends, girlfriends, mums and just people you know it will hurt)

Remember - it doesn't make you special, and don't bore people with it - on a large scale, nobody's interested in your conquests. Have fun, use a condom... And the day you meet the girl who will make you give everything else up, don't hold back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MayhemAM)
    Honestly... no idea.

Waiting for the right person?
    Content with life?
    Happy getting with any random fit girls?
    or maybe,
    subconsciously insecure?
    afraid?

I think it is one of the top 3, as I'm happy with life, but I truly don't know. Have never really been hurt by past relationships.
    I think you r just waiting for the right person to make you feel the other way...Hope you find her

ReputationRep:
    See men like that do this, hey baby kissing in the club, NAILED IT!

What was her name?
    I Dunno mate......

ReputationRep:
    It would be nice to know from the start.

But from my point of view, being told that 'I don't want anything, but can we sleep with each other for a bit?' is a bit of a kick in teeth, as I'm sure most girls would agree they'd prefer to wear the trousers (even if they didn't want anything themselves) and would want to be the one who called the shots. Y'know the hiring and firing.

But as long you both knew the terms and conditions of the arrangement it would certainly make things easier. Until it comes to fizzling it out..

ReputationRep:
    would piss me off a bit. Depends if you lead her on to get into her knickers thats not right as they werent told the full conditions before. Say straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forsaken_earth)
    Okay well correct me if I'm wrong, but is what you are essentially asking 'are girls able to cope with one-night stands without having a subsequent mental breakdown and does it make me a bad person if I'm not willing to marry and forever love each random girl I choose to score avec?'

The answer is, shortly, the way you feel about relationships is nothing to do with your gender or manliness. It's more to do with being young, wishing to find out how far you can take things, what you can get away with, basically what's out there.... Believe it or not, it's perfectly acceptable to actually desire to play the field at the age of sixteen. I'm guessing a few people would've by now commented on the naivety of your question, but I guess you're only little so it's okay (teasssing but yeah still true)

Anyway, the fact is that plenty of girls, just like you, like going out there basically 'to score'... Although this may be attributed to whoredom and dickish nonchalance, it's actually quite fun. Go into a sick club, jump the queue, drink the free alcohol, grab a model and **** their brains out only to wake up feeling satisfied and willing to carry on partying regardless of any 'i-love-yous' and 'go-out-with-mes'

In short, the moral of the story is: it's fine as long as the people you're banging are hot (otherwise, what's your excuse for whoring?) and cool, and you're using your head as well as that raging thing in your boxers (that means, no screwing of childhood friends, girlfriends, mums and just people you know it will hurt)

Remember - it doesn't make you special, and don't bore people with it - on a large scale, nobody's interested in your conquests. Have fun, use a condom... And the day you meet the girl who will make you give everything else up, don't hold back!
    I like this answer :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    So I just read some half-assed big post as someone who portrayed them self as someone who was fairly old'ish and had his moments, say early 20s? Had a fair amount of experience with lasses, on and off relationships, matured a bit.. Been to a fair share of the night clubs, partys, etc, pulled a few in the time.

Then I read you're 16 - what the **** ?

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bother me at all. Most likely because I'm the same as you, I love the flirting and the company and would be up for more with a person but I just can't see myself enjoying being tied down to the one person for a prolonged period of time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.