Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I want a summer job watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I might have left this a bit late but I'd like a summer job to make some cash. I've just left school and done my gcse's so I don't really know my grades right now and I've never had a job before and not sure exactlly how I should get one. Can some people please help me out and suggest places that will take a 16 year old and how to get a job, I'm kind of a noob to the whole working thing. :redface:

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    go out and look for a job, lazy :p:

ReputationRep:
    Send your CV anywhere and everywhere.. and join the never-ending club of job hunters. :parrot:

ReputationRep:
    Create a CV, then hand it out to your local shops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    I might have left this a bit late but I'd like a summer job to make some cash. I've just left school and done my gcse's so I don't really know my grades right now and I've never had a job before and not sure exactlly how I should get one. Can some people please help me out and suggest places that will take a 16 year old and how to get a job, I'm kind of a noob to the whole working thing. :redface:

Thankyou
    Search on a few sites and post your cv on them. Try E4s, Reed, or even just use google and type in student jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Job center!
    Look on websites (like hmv, whsmith etc at the careers section)
    Shop windows?

ReputationRep:
    Do I have to go into shops and actually ask the employee's to pass on a CV? That sounds kind of embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)
    Job center!
    Look on websites (like hmv, whsmith etc at the careers section)
    Shop windows?
    I tried that, I can't find any jobs for me there all manager positions.

ReputationRep:
    Do I have to go into shops and actually ask the employee's to pass on a CV? That sounds kind of embarrassing.
    Suck it up

If your idea of embarrassment is merely handing a CV to a potential employer then you may have difficulty finding any jobs at all

ReputationRep:
    Very well, does anyone know any stores that usually need employees and will accept me?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the recession.
    Keep looking.

ReputationRep:
    everyone is in the same position - you just have to keep trying.

ReputationRep:
    the recession is eating us all up!!

ReputationRep:
    Keep trying, and in the mean time, join the never-ending club. :bebored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Keep trying, and in the mean time, join the never-ending club. :bebored:
    I've been in the club for the last 2 weeks now, finally found a vacancy gotta call them tommorow fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    I understand that there's a recession are there any stores that usually accept people and would be worth trying?

ReputationRep:

Thankyou
    If you phone you're local job centre, they could take down your information and search on the phone with you for a suitable job...if there's any. I did that today and got a couple places which i need to phone tommorow to check if they would consider me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    I've been in the club for the last 2 weeks now, finally found a vacancy gotta call them tommorow fingers crossed
    Good Luck, mate! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    You and the rest of the world!

ReputationRep:
    I understand that there's a recession are there any stores that usually accept people and would be worth trying?
    Dont you understand dude? There arent any particular stores that will usually accept people because there are no jobs being given out.
    A random job will pop up, whether its in Poundland or H&M, and you have to quicker jump and apply - carpe diem!
    And hope for the best because probably more than 100 people will have applied for the place.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.