Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls who are allergic to latex... watch

Announcements

Did you tell the guy way in advance that you couldn't use normal (latex) condoms? What if you didn't plan to have sex..do you just drop the bombshell right before sexy time - wouldn't that kill the mood?

ReputationRep:
    Get some latex free ones and take them around with you just incase? Girls can supply the condoms too y'know

ReputationRep:
    I dont see why i would, i would be more concered by the fact that there may be some discomfort etc if i was to use a latex condom, and the aftermath, i would in no way make an issue out of it. At least you can prepare if you were to tell them when the time is right, obviously not when you first meet them or at a unrelated moment.

Edit
    Obviously its not a huge problem as some people have pointed out as i have made it seem apparently, i was just worried if i wasnt told it may cause problems, in other words i would be prefer to be told

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Get some latex free ones and take them around with you just incase? Girls can supply the condoms too y'know
    Not rocket science is it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If you are a girl and know you are allergic to latex, and plan on having sex with a guy at some point, if you have any common sense at all you will either a) Tell him in advance, and sort it between yourselfs b) Carry/provide your own latex free condoms, so that its not any different from whacking out a normal condom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    I dont see why i would, i would be more concered by the fact that there may be some discomfort etc if i was to use a latex condom, and the aftermath, i would in no way make an issue out of it. At least you can prepare if you were to tell them when the time is right, obviously not when you first meet them or at a unrelated moment.
    Your advice is usually really good but I honestly don't understand half of that, maybe because it's really waffley :p:

Latex allergies aren't really an earth shattering issue that take loads of work to get around, and she's more than able to sort it out herself by taking her own condoms with her. She hardly needs to prepare him for it.

ReputationRep:
    erm..what?! :confused:

Never thought of that...ah I'm not even sexually active yet (or have a bf) :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just keep non latex ones and supply him when he goes to do the deed. Probably will seem a bit over-eager if you start giving him advice on the right condom varieties on the first date.

Your advice is usually really good but I honestly don't understand half of that, maybe because it's really waffley :p:

Latex allergies aren't really an earth shattering issue that take loads of work to get around, and she's more than able to sort it out herself by taking her own condoms with her.
    anaphylaxis....death...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancStudent098)
    Yeah, just keep non latex ones and supply him when he goes to do the deed. Probably will seem a bit over-eager if you start giving him advice on the right condom varieties on the first date.
    if its a bloke then theres no such thing as an over eager woman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Never thought of that...ah I'm not even sexually active yet (or have a bf) :p:
    Durex Avanti condoms are latex free I'm sure there are loads of different brands on the market that are cheaper though. If you go into somewhere like Boots, Superdrug or even a chemist and have a look around I'm sure you'll find some

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anaphylaxis....death...
    No I didn't mean that, if you read when I said in context you'd realise that. I meant about how he made it sound like it was a massive bombshell and a great inconvenience to your partner :p:

How often do girls carry condoms...I always thought that screamed a certain accusation.

ReputationRep:

Latex allergies aren't really an earth shattering issue that take loads of work to get around, and she's more than able to sort it out herself by taking her own condoms with her. She hardly needs to prepare him for it.
    I think i may edit, i was trying to get across what you said actually.
    Im tired :sad:

It wouldnt be an issue for myself, i would be worried about the aspect that if i was wasnt told about it through a girl having a fear to tell someone (seems stupid i know) that she may then the allergy set something off.

As you said its not an issue, girls can supply condoms

ReputationRep:
    Kill the mood or potentially kill her?

:unsure:

I think I'm planning way too far ahead :yep:

but thanks everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    if its a bloke then theres no such thing as an over eager woman
    If it's a desperate bloke then there's no such thing as an over eager woman.

ReputationRep:
    For those who don't understand it (I'm not sure how, it's not completely incoherent):

I don't see why it would kill the mood. I would be more concerned by the fact if I was to use a latex condom I may cause some discomfort and a severe reaction afterwards. I would in no way make an issue out of it.

At least if the person told me at the right time (obviously not when I first met them or in the middle of a family tea) I'd be able to prepare by buying non latex condoms.

Ironic, I was actually thinking in order not to be an inconvenience I might just go ahead with latex condoms and hope for the best :eek:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.