Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi people

11 days till the start of global gathering... so excited:woo:

let me know if your going? and who you can't wait to see....

hope the weather holds up as its going to be a weekend to remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpy09)
    Hi people

11 days till the start of global gathering... so excited:woo:

let me know if your going? and who you can't wait to see....

hope the weather holds up as its going to be a weekend to remember
    I'm going! Can't wait!!

Looking forward to David Guetta, Pendulum, The Prodigy and FrankMusik You?

Are you camping there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppy1992)
    I'm going! Can't wait!!

Looking forward to David Guetta, Pendulum, The Prodigy and FrankMusik You?

Are you camping there?

I am camping indeed. didnt fancy VIP so just in the normal bit. i really hope the weather is gonna be nice. you a global virgin or bin before or anything?

ReputationRep:
    Not going, but would be worth it for just Orbital and Prodigy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpy09)
    I am camping indeed. didnt fancy VIP so just in the normal bit. i really hope the weather is gonna be nice. you a global virgin or bin before or anything?
    Underage global virgin haha! My friend's uncle is working on the gate and has promised to sneak us in :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tommorow guys! Pisser about the weather though..

ReputationRep:
    i know what you mean the weather doesnt look that promising. but i just keep looking at the line up and it makes me feel a lot bettter. who you defo gonna be seeing?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    What a weekend, pendulum and armin van buuren were the highlights for me. Now suffering badly from lack of sleep but can't nod off as this time for the last 2 nights i was dancing non stop!

ReputationRep:
    Was it good? Did the weather hold up last night? One of my best friends went and she says it was mint, at least saturday. Anyone got any links to podcast sets?

ReputationRep:
    Weather was great all weekend but jesus was it cold after about 1am! I'll post any sets I find as I'm looking for them as well this week..

ReputationRep:
    It was my first time there and I'm not going back.

The music was amazing, that goes without saying but the organisers don't give a damn about their customers.

Four hours to get in, only had two shuttle buses going (which you had to pay £3 for), so ended up getting a taxi to avoid a two hour wait, then on the way back we had to wait four hours because one broke down and they didn't bother organising another one. Seeing as they will be raking in millions it's appalling that they can't do the most simple things to make things more pleasant for us.

ReputationRep:
    Hm, it's to be expected to be honest. That's why I didn't want to go this year, the same artists were playing at different festivals (at least the headliners I wanted to see), and basing on 2007, the organisation of Global is appalling. I thought they would have by now (5th year or something at Longmarsden) got the transport and the queuing a bit right. In 2007 I stood for about 5 hours as well, and that year we got rained out and the camping grounds were appalling.

At least the music was good

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else feel they were a bit short on cash this year. Global '08 was immense with the red arrows going over and other cool stuff. Hottest weekend of the year, Random Concept was absolutely epic etc.

This year I found it all a bit disappointing, the dnb wasn't great, Noisia ran over by 40 minutes leaving Chase & Status time to play about 5 tunes (although that exclusive loved-up dub tune was amazing). The Dubstep Terrace was lacking, the sound just didn't know where to go and got drowned out by the main stage.

I had a good time though apart from the usual losing the car incident. :woo:

To people complaining about having to queue for ages, it's a festival, go a bit later. We got there at 2 on the Saturday and strolled straight in, didn't even get searched.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afc1886)
    Weather was great all weekend but jesus was it cold after about 1am! I'll post any sets I find as I'm looking for them as well this week..
    God I was so cold even after borrowing some tights, jeans & a hoodie from a mate and finding an abandoned Bench hoodie. It was so funny laughing at the girls who thought it'd be, like, so totally cute to come in their bra, a thong and a 3 inch tutu skirt and those fluffy boots. IT'S AN AIRFIELD. IT'S ENGLAND. IT'S NIGHT.

Nothing says stupid tack like Global.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.