Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do you know?

You don't. Gutted.

ReputationRep:
    New answer:

When you don't feel the compelling need to tell Facebook. That's just lying to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveOrangeJuice)
    wouldn't you say that's more obsession than love itself?
    You have a point there :eek: Alright I'll stick to you'll know what love is when you feel it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    I'd quote myself from a previous thread but I don't know where it is.

Basically, love doesn't exist and it's pointless contemplating.
    it actually makes me really sad when people say they don't believe in love :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)
    it actually makes me really sad when people say they don't believe in love :o:
    Well, I believe we should all 'love each other' in a sense that we should all be caring and kind towards one another. I'm all for peace and harmony :yes: .

But essentially, we are living organisms, we're here on this planet to procreate. We find partners to make offspring. Humans have created this illusion called 'love'. I'm just not sure that I believe it exists. Just as I can't say as to whether God exists.
    It's just the way my mind works, I need proof.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know what love is, if you've never experienced it before. I used to think when I was younger 14/15 that the guys I were seeing I was in love with, but now 3/4 years later I realise that It was never love just lust...because how can you love someone you don't know. This makes me wonder how people can fall in love with someone at first sight? I don't think I've ever been in love and it makes me wonder how will I know...cos I don't feel I've ever been loved by anyone?
    love aint just a feeling, its a lifestyle, an attitude. love is patient, kind, doesnt envy, doent boast, not proud,or rude,or self seeking, it isnt angered,keeping no record of wrongs, love doesnt delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects,trusts,hopes,always perseveres. The feelings and emotions what some call 'love' in nothing but raw attraction or lust.

You'll know you're in love when you won't need to say it to your other half every bloody morning and evening of everyday. Imo if you can't, then it's lust.

ReputationRep:
    lol thanks...I have no problem pulling guys. I know this is going to sound awfully arrogant and big headed but I can basically get any guy I want. What I'm wondering is how can you tell what love is? would you say when your constantly thinking about someone and wondering if their thinking of you or not..and you wouldn't wanna date anyone else... is that love or just lust?
    No you couldn't pull me.

ReputationRep:
    Too many people say "love doesn't exist".
    It does.
    *gets hippy groove on*

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.