Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayke)
    I'm not an idiot.

I may not be able to convey myself incredibly well through the medium of TSR, but I'm not an idiot.

Did you never ask questions when you were younger?
    Mate, just stop. Spend a a few minutes reading through the threads here and you'll realise it is full of idiots like you and me (when i first posted here) that don't know anything but think that we know it all.

PB and others like him are invaluable sources of information, so there is no point in arguing with then.

ReputationRep:
    Re: a 15 year-old getting an internship, apparently his mother was out walking their dog Rudolph (I think that was his name), and the dog was making friends with another dog, and the second dog belonged to some senior type at MS. The kid's mum and the man made conversation and it came up that the kid was struggling to find a work experience placement ... bada bing, bada boom. Lucky sod.

I do find it incredible that a report of such widely-known facts would come as such a surprise to intelligent businessmen, many of whom probably have kids!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    Mate, just stop. Spend a a few minutes reading through the threads here and you'll realise it is full of idiots like you and me (when i first posted here) that don't know anything but think that we know it all.
    Oh I don't think I know it all, that's why I'm here =]

I just asked a simple question, asking whether he himself thought that the research note was good or not, a yes or no would have sufficed...

But yeah, I know, I'm just 'some A level kid' :yep:

ReputationRep:

I just asked a simple question, asking whether he himself thought that the research note was good or not, a yes or no would have sufficed...

A little be of tough love isn't going to hurt you or me :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I bet the mum was a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Ben you can be such a knob sometimes. Shayke, chill. If you are interested in a career like this consider that you'll be working with some big egos who often lack respect for others. Dont worry!

(Original post by Jelkin)
    I do find it incredible that a report of such widely-known facts would come as such a surprise to intelligent businessmen, many of whom probably have kids!
    It isn't the content that is interesting. As previously said.

But whatever, ignore the professional at your peril.

Yes/No only thinking is the kind of stupid **** that somehow satisfies people who donate their money to others in the market aka losers.

(Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Ben you can be such a knob sometimes. Shayke, chill. If you are interested in a career like this consider that you'll be working with some big egos who often lack respect for others. Dont worry!
    Respect has to be earnt. And stupidity needs to be treated with the contempt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Yes/No only thinking is the kind of stupid **** that somehow satisfies people who donate their money to others in the market aka losers.
    Yeah, I can appreciate that. I'm not asking where I should invest though.

But its ok, you win dude.

I am chill :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Respect has to be earnt. And stupidity needs to be treated with the contempt.
    Given the bombast with which you write the second sentence is pretty amusing.

Anyway, you are clearly one of the most knowledgeable posters in here but why not take a more sympathetic, helpful approach to people significantly younger and less experienced than yourself?

Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    The kid got some luck his way and turned it into far more than he could have dreamed of. Good on him but I wouldnt call it skill. Funnily enough I can see why so many fund managers would find the ideas interesting as they are so out of touch with on the ground stuff.

As for the tough love, how would you prefer to learn over the internet where no real harm can happen to you or when you first get yelled at on the trading floor. Have a big glass on harden the F*** up.

Anyway, you are clearly one of the most knowledgeable posters in here but why not take a more sympathetic, helpful approach to people significantly younger and less experienced than yourself?

Just a thought.
    Because ability to think, ask and read is not related to knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEVY2007)
    As for the tough love, how would you prefer to learn over the internet where no real harm can happen to you or when you first get yelled at on the trading floor. Have a big glass on harden the F*** up.
    I know - I haven't got a problem with it.

I wasn't even asking to learn something dude. This isnt about learning at all. But cheers for the speech =]

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate people being on here to answer questions and give a helping hand. I appreciate it a lot. Thats just not what this is about.

ReputationRep:
    I know - I haven't got a problem with it.

I wasn't even asking to learn something dude. This isnt about learning at all. But cheers for the speech =]

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate people being on here to answer questions and give a helping hand. I appreciate it a lot. Thats just not what this is about.
    I think you need to chill out mate. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    I think you need to chill out mate. :cool:
    I am chill

ReputationRep:
    A little be of tough love isn't going to hurt you or me :yep:
    That depends on the quality of the lubricant used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    That depends on the quality of the lubricant used.
    I am a Muslim and an Iranian, becareful.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am a Muslim and an Iranian, becareful.. :p:
    ...of?

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.