Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here who has applied and is going to manchester university this september to study Chemistry? Count me in

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'll be be there!

from how i feel about exams i think i will meet the offer so im currenty quite excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddymaine)
    yeah i'll be be there!

from how i feel about exams i think i will meet the offer so im currenty quite excited
    Hey there...nice to see someone here....well i am not too sure about the results at the moment....some went OK...but some i cant predict on what i will get...but all i can now do is hope for the best ....by the way...which chemistry course are you going to do?
    PS - Did you recieve that chemistry boot camp email? i think i am up for it

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Mchem course

Im not really sure what the boot camp thing is about , i only briefly read the email... i'll do some research later

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Mchem course

Im not really sure what the boot camp thing is about , i only briefly read the email... i'll do some research later
    Thats great. I am now on MChem too. Previously i chose to do medicinal chemistry...but after doing some research....i requested to be transferred to the MChem pure chemistry.....anyways...it seems like a good thing to me....just to get a feel around the chemistry department before we officially start the course as well as meeting new people . By the way, apart from chemistry, what other a level subjects have you studied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memenme_1)
    Thats great. I am now on MChem too. Previously i chose to do medicinal chemistry...but after doing some research....i requested to be transferred to the MChem pure chemistry.....anyways...it seems like a good thing to me....just to get a feel around the chemistry department before we officially start the course as well as meeting new people . By the way, apart from chemistry, what other a level subjects have you studied?
    Biology , chemistry, business

did maths AS but didnt do as well as in it the above 3 so didnt keep it, kinda regret that now.

ReputationRep:
    Biology , chemistry, business

did maths AS but didnt do as well as in it the above 3 so didnt keep it, kinda regret that now.
    I dropped maths at AS too...i coudnt push my grade higher up..so i thought why not take up something where i can do well...

ReputationRep:
    The boot camp email says its a non residential camp...does this mean that anyone who doesn't live near the uni would have to get a hotel or B&B? Because I don't think I could afford that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki14)
    The boot camp email says its a non residential camp...does this mean that anyone who doesn't live near the uni would have to get a hotel or B&B? Because I don't think I could afford that!
    Yea i think so. If you go on their website, it doesnt say anything about accomodation. It tells you about the timing though...that it starts from 10 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon ( from tues - Fri) then on monday....there is something about writing lab reports! Are you coming for it by the way? may i ask, which university are going to for chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    Yea i think so. If you go on their website, it doesnt say anything about accomodation. It tells you about the timing though...that it starts from 10 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon ( from tues - Fri) then on monday....there is something about writing lab reports! Are you coming for it by the way? may i ask, which university are going to for chemistry?
    I'm going to Manchester Uni which is why I wanted to go but I live in London so it doesn't seem like I could...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Manchester Uni which is why I wanted to go but I live in London so it doesn't seem like I could...
    Oh thats great.....another chemistry buddy i have found lol....seriously though...do you have any friends or relatives with whom you can stay for a week. Plus this camp is only 2 weeks before we officially start university...so.....Its your decision .
    PS - which chemistry degree course have you chosen by the way?

ReputationRep:
    Oh thats great.....another chemistry buddy i have found lol....seriously though...do you have any friends or relatives with whom you can stay for a week. Plus this camp is only 2 weeks before we officially start university...so.....Its your decision .
    PS - which chemistry degree course have you chosen by the way?
    Ah cool are you going to Manchester Uni too? Can't wait I don't have any relatives or friends up there unfortunately...I know a few people that go to the uni but their not there during the holidays...sucks! I chose the basic Bsc Chemistry but I'm hopefully going to change to the MChem with a year in North America, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool are you going to Manchester Uni too? Can't wait I don't have any relatives or friends up there unfortunately...I know a few people that go to the uni but their not there during the holidays...sucks! I chose the basic Bsc Chemistry but I'm hopefully going to change to the MChem with a year in North America, how about you?
    OOOO....great...i have gone for the MChem one...Previously i chose medicinal chemistry...but after looking at the course content i decided to switch over to Pure chemistry .... hey btw...cant you email the organiser and tell your dilemma about the accomodation? perhaps they can sort something out!

ReputationRep:
    OOOO....great...i have gone for the MChem one...Previously i chose medicinal chemistry...but after looking at the course content i decided to switch over to Pure chemistry .... hey btw...cant you email the organiser and tell your dilemma about the accomodation? perhaps they can sort something out!
    Yeah I probably should...have you received anything about when orientation starts? I know I can move in as of 17th September, but freshers doesn't start until 21st Sept..I was wondering if there is anything going on from 17th-21st?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I probably should...have you received anything about when orientation starts? I know I can move in as of 17th September, but freshers doesn't start until 21st Sept..I was wondering if there is anything going on from 17th-21st?
    Hmmm...No i havent heard anything of that sort, plus unfortunately i wont be staying at accomodation. I decided to live at home. On the UCAS page though, it says the university starts on the 21st so i am expecting it to be THE official day for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Hello kids

What is this boot camp you are talking about? I never had anything like that, quite intrigued what they're doing for you these days!

Also, please don't worry about what course you are on. You can change up until the end of your first year, and in the first two weeks if you want to. They all start off the same anyway
    I have friends who changed this year too (we've just finished third year) so your course is not set in stone at ALL from what you applied for with ucas!

Feel free to PM any Manchester/Chemistry/Accom questions by the way

ReputationRep:
    potential chemistry student at UoM,
    thinking of doing the boot camp but the lack of accomodation is causing a problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    Hello kids

What is this boot camp you are talking about? I never had anything like that, quite intrigued what they're doing for you these days!

Also, please don't worry about what course you are on. You can change up until the end of your first year, and in the first two weeks if you want to. They all start off the same anyway
    I have friends who changed this year too (we've just finished third year) so your course is not set in stone at ALL from what you applied for with ucas!

Feel free to PM any Manchester/Chemistry/Accom questions by the way
    hello there. Well we recieved this email last week from the dept. of chemistry, inviting us for this one week camp for any student who is going to study chemistry at any university in england. Throughout the week, we will be taught about lab practicals and lab report writing skills. I think this would be quite helpful and will help me just get to know around the place and meet new people Oh and thank you for the Rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Est.1989)
    potential chemistry student at UoM,
    thinking of doing the boot camp but the lack of accomodation is causing a problem
    Hey...another Chemistry buddy eh! lol....why dont you try and contact the organiser of the camp and ask them if they can sort any accomodation for you for a week. Im sure they would be able to help plus this is just 2 weeks before we actually start university so....

ReputationRep:
    Yh i emailed em last night, just waiting to hear back from the guy.
    hopefully they'll be able to find me some digs for the week

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 20, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Manchester
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.