The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dunno, if you feel that bad then move over to Africa, Asia or Central America and help out.
Reply 161
Why do they deserve to have anything, what did they do to deserve to have food or wealth?

In this world you have to make what you have unsustainable populations are a nuisance. They just breed and breed and expect more money from soft liberals in the west.
TheJudge
Why do they deserve to have anything, what did they do to deserve to have food or wealth?

In this world you have to make what you have unsustainable populations are a nuisance. They just breed and breed and expect more money from soft liberals in the west.

What have you done to deserve what you were born with.

If you are going to fight the other corner have a decent argument yeah?
Reply 163
Rizzletastic
What have you done to deserve what you were born with.

If you are going to fight the other corner have a decent argument yeah?

I do have a decent argument. Why do people deserve charity. If you give people something for nothing then they will only learn being pathetic gets you free things. Let them solve their problems themselves and perhaps they can create a sustainable society for themselves.
TheJudge
I do have a decent argument. Why do people deserve charity. If you give people something for nothing then they will only learn being pathetic gets you free things. Let them solve their problems themselves and perhaps they can create a sustainable society for themselves.

I grew up and for the first 16 years of my life got everything off my parents.

We have a considerable percentage of the population here living off benefits for nothing.

Many of these people are caught in a cycle where it is almost impossible to get out of poverty because they cannot afford a decent education.

We should be giving resources to people who truly need it, we just need to be sensible about where it goes.
Reply 165
Rizzletastic
I grew up and for the first 16 years of my life got everything off my parents.

We have a considerable percentage of the population here living off benefits for nothing.

Many of these people are caught in a cycle where it is almost impossible to get out of poverty because they cannot afford a decent education.

We should be giving resources to people who truly need it, we just need to be sensible about where it goes.

Exactly you proved my point giving people things for free results in lazyness.

In the UK education is free and easy to access that is an excuse and a poor one.
ttx
Actually it's not. The only major conflict currently in progress that has religion as a primary factor is the Arab-Israeli situation.

Most conflicts in South America are related to the drugs trade, most in Africa are along ethnic/tribal lines and often centre around natural resources.

In Asia it's a mix of all three, but the only significant "religion" based conflict is arguably the Kashmir situation.

So the Taliban and the IRA are what, youth clubs? And even if religion isn't the current biggest cause of war across all of our history it's definitely right up there. The only thing which causes more wars are people fighting for power, although you could argue that some of those people and some of their armies will have been fighting 'in the name of (their) God'. I'm sure religion has done plenty of wonderful things but you've gotta accept that it has also been responsible for some of the worst atrocities in history.
Reply 167
Battenberg
So the Taliban and the IRA are what, youth clubs?

On average the number of deaths caused by the IRA was less than 30/year. In terms of conflicts it's tiny, more people have died in car crashes in the time between you making your post and me replying.

The Afghanistan situation isn't a religious war. Have a look at the history of the region. The russian war, the mujahideen wars, the talibans fight against of the mujahideen, the war against america. None of these were on religious lines. Just because the participants have different religious beliefs it doesn't mean it was caused by religion.

And even if religion isn't the current biggest cause of war across all of our history it's definitely right up there. The only thing which causes more wars are people fighting for power,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_and_disasters_by_death_toll

Of the twenty-two wars with over a million casualties only four are listed as being religious wars. I'm not denying religions have caused war. But it's clear from looking at the statistics that religion isn't anything like the most common cause of war. Ethnic cleansing, political ideology, power, resources, and a desire for freedom all have equal or higher casualty rates.

Don't reply immediately. Don't just accept what someone else has told you because it's what you want to be true. Go and read the data and do your own analysis. If you still disagree feel free to show me the evidence to contrary.
Reply 168
TheJudge

yeah they have more kids who can help them cope with the work to make them money in order to survive

oh yeah i guess your talking about the same soft liberals who charge extortionate amounts of interest on the money these countries borrow to survive yet again which means they are forever in debt

and the fact that these same soft liberals are the ones who decide how much goods from these 'unsustainable' countries are priced, and if world trade was fair these countries would no longer be 'unsustainable'.

Latest

Trending

Trending