Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone been to the doctors for this reason? Watch

Anon because im extremely ashamed of myself! I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow to get some help with weightloss. I'm female, 5'5 and weigh a massive 16 stone 4 pounds. I know i need to change this before it gets any worse, and i thought it wise to seek professional help as i've had a lot of problems with food for about 6 years. At my lowest weight i was less than half of what i weigh now, using diet pills and living off 600 calories, usually less per day etc etc. Obviously having such problems i can't even look at myself in the mirror and i dont often go out because i'm so ashamed of myself. My questions are does anyone know how my doc might be able to help, and should i bother telling them the whole situation with food/ weight problems? Also what else do i need to tell them? Please do share stories/advice. I'm really terrified! please no nasty comments i know im disgusting. Thanks in advance x

ReputationRep:
    Tell them about your situation, and ask for some sort of Diet plan. Although tbh your wasting NHS money for something you can do yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon because im extremely ashamed of myself! I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow to get some help with weightloss. I'm female, 5'5 and weigh a massive 16 stone 4 pounds. I know i need to change this before it gets any worse, and i thought it wise to seek professional help as i've had a lot of problems with food for about 6 years. At my lowest weight i was less than half of what i weigh now, using diet pills and living off 600 calories, usually less per day etc etc. Obviously having such problems i can't even look at myself in the mirror and i dont often go out because i'm so ashamed of myself. My questions are does anyone know how my doc might be able to help, and should i bother telling them the whole situation with food/ weight problems? Also what else do i need to tell them? Please do share stories/advice. I'm really terrified! please no nasty comments i know im disgusting. Thanks in advance x

My friend has done this. They weighed her initially and then gave her nutrition tips and diet plans and they monitored her weight loss every week

ReputationRep:
    just tell them everything, then they will be able to help you the best they can. they wil probobly advise you on exercise and diet, but also on psychological issues too. dont be terrified about it, if you need help they will give it to you! although the help they can give you is limited as you need to do most of the work.
    and your not disgusting. its great that you are proactive and arnt ashamed to seek help good luck x
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Tell them as much as you can, then they will be able to help you properly.
    I saw a dietician once, who gave me a general plan to follow, and talked through some of my food issues with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    Although tbh your wasting NHS money for something you can do yourself.
    I disagree with this completely. You will not be wasting NHS money, this is what the NHS is for. Your doctor will be able give you professional guidance, can tell you an ideal weight range, assess for any other health conditions related to your weight, assess whether any current medication could be causing your weight gain, and can refer you to a dietitian or therapist if you have underlying psychological issues related to your weight.

All in all, try not to worry and remember that the doctor is there to help you, and that the doctor would probably have seen much more overweight patients than you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey good for you for doing something about it. The NHS is what you (or parents lol) pay your taxes for and you have a health issue, so there's no need to feel bad

ReputationRep:
    You have no right to say that.

The OP obviously is struggling, she has every right to go to the doctor for help. Not everything is achievible without help.

I hope everything works out OP

ReputationRep:
    When was the last time you took part in regular, sustained exercise, coupled with a sensible dietary regime?

Until you've tried this for months on end without result, you have no moral right to visit the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyballs2)
    You have no right to say that.

The OP obviously is struggling, she has every right to go to the doctor for help. Not everything is achievible without help.

I hope everything works out OP
    I just did It's my opinion and she asked for one. I'm sorry you disagree with it. *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    When was the last time you took part in regular, sustained exercise, coupled with a sensible dietary regime?

Until you've tried this for months on end without result, you have no moral right to visit the NHS.
    I'm glad someone agrees with me!

ReputationRep:
    What a daft thing to say. This is exactly what the NHS needs, people who recognize a problem and want help before it gets worse.

Hi yes i'm on ORLISTAT 120MG however you have to ask for them the doctor wont prescribe unless you ask. Your not that big, And why twaats on here are telling you to lose weight I dont know!! They think they own the NHS stupid silly morans. You will be fine!!!

ReputationRep:
    They think they own the NHS stupid silly morans

stupid silly morans

silly morans

morans

hahahahhahahahahahah.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA to you

[QUOTE=superman19]

freak

ReputationRep:
    Another great couple of posts there champ.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.