Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I am falling out of love with him and life just feels like ****. Watch

I have been with my boyfriend of many years but due to the shock death of my ex crush i have started to push my boyfriend away.
    Its weird but i have started to miss my ex crush I feel I wish i was with him instead of my boyfriend as i feel like i should of spent time with him during his last years.

What makes things worse is that I cannot have sex with my boyfriend or be close to him in any possible way due to our parents always being at home and not wanting us to sleep together. So i felt like i am growing more and more appart from him. I just do not feel this closeness i used to feel with him. I do not even kiss him anymore.

The days since my ex crush's death just feel lonely and pointless. I hate that all these feelings have come back. Since school has finished I am just sitting at home and contemplating which is kind of driving me mad.

I just want things to get back to normal and I just want to hang out and talk with my friends (I can't as they have all gone on holiday) so i can get things off my chest, but the more I stay indoors the worse I become.

I do not know what to do, I just want to fall in love with him properly again.
    Help?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to your boyfriend. Death is a massive thing, especially of someone you once really liked (were friends with/went out with?) He's bound to understand a little bit. Just tell him it's making you feel so down and you have no-one else to talk to about it with. If you can't talk, maybe try writing it down.

Or, forgetting your bf here, just write things down. Write every day, get yourself a wee journal and write your heart out. It sounds like you've been feeling **** for a while now, and it's hard to get over someone overnight, it takes time to heal. Put yourself first. And consider breaking up with your boyfriend, give yourself the time and space you need to deal with this, (it's going to be a bit hard for him too).

If you're just sitting at home, get involved with something. Volunteer, work, get a hobby, join a summer course or exercise class. Find something to throw your energy into, distract you from your feelings and thoughts a bit. You might meet some new friends along the way too.

I don't know what else to say, I just hope you stay strong, see this through (because it will pass and it will get better over time) and look after yourself.

ReputationRep:
    How about booking a holiday/weekend away with your bf?

ReputationRep:
    Creepy

(Original post by Lu-x)
    How about booking a holiday/weekend away with your bf?
    I forgot to mention...my bf and I are currently unemployed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I forgot to mention...my bf and I are currently unemployed
    This might not be terribly helpful, but I bought a really rubbishy 2-man tent the other week from ASDA for £10. Split it between you so you spend £5 each and you can have endless cosy camping trips this summer :yes: Nearby camp sights aren't too hard to find if you get researching
    I hope you feel happier soon xx

(Original post by SianSian)
    This might not be terribly helpful, but I bought a really rubbishy 2-man tent the other week from ASDA for £10. Split it between you so you spend £5 each and you can have endless cosy camping trips this summer :yes: Nearby camp sights aren't too hard to find if you get researching
    I hope you feel happier soon xx
    Lol thanks for the suggestion. Its a good idea actually

ReputationRep:
    Yey I'm glad you like it.

ReputationRep:
    I can't find the one I bought online, but it's basically this but 2-man.
    For an extra £10 you can get this slightly bigger one though More space for bags!
    Haha I sound like I work for them... I really don't!

http://direct.asda.com/3-Person-Tent...efault,pd.html

Stay happy

ReputationRep:
    Grief does things to your mind. Take a time out, spend time with your boyfriend, move on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    It's just your reaction to such a massive shock...the resentment won't last, just as grief doesn't.
    It'll take time, but you will grow closer to your boyfriend again, please don't blame yourself as this must have been such a bad time for you.
    It may feel so painful now but gradually that will lift as you come to terms with it.
    In the meantime, do little things now and then that allow quality time with your bf so that you remember why you're with him and why you fell in love with him in the first place.
    Things will get better for you soon, stay strong :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SianSian)
    I can't find the one I bought online, but it's basically this but 2-man.
    For an extra £10 you can get this slightly bigger one though More space for bags!
    Haha I sound like I work for them... I really don't!

http://direct.asda.com/3-Person-Tent...efault,pd.html

Stay happy
    Maybe you should? Even I clicked the link and I already have a tent

As its already been said. Its understandable, you should just try and talk as much as possible and explain it all to your bf, try and spend some more time with him.

Thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.