Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    thats completly untrue............not everyone is a racist!
    It's as true as you or I. And if you don't know it, well, then I guess you're just an idiot and prove my point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    It's as true as you or I. And if you don't know it, well, then I guess you're just an idiot and prove my point.
    *sigh* I hate having this stupid argument on this forum, but I'm going to say it once again. I'm not racist. At all.
    Nor am I an idiot. In fact, I think the racists, self-proclaimed and unashamed or not, are the idiots. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe..... you two have different ideas of what "racism" means, yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arctic Explorer)
    Not to mention that if someone votes BNP due to imigration policies technicly they are xenophobic not rasist... appoloties for any spelling mistakes
    Appoloties for correcting you, but their immigration policies are not racist or xenophobic.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I'm not in any way racist, and I won't hold it against anyone if they want to be racist themselves, but it really annoys me when people are so anti racist and anti fascist that they become fascist themselves with lists of things that can and cannot be done. I am however extremely against the BNP, not because there racist, but because if an experienced political party can't even run the country propperly, what are a bunch of idiots like Nick Griffin and his merry bunch of tosspots going to do with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    *sigh* I hate having this stupid argument on this forum, but I'm going to say it once again. I'm not racist. At all.
    Nor am I an idiot. In fact, I think the racists, self-proclaimed and unashamed or not, are the idiots. :yy:
    I didn't mention you were a "racist", merely pointed out the fact that we are all racist at some point, hence, why everyone who states they have never been racist etc., are simply hypocrites :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    Appoloties for correcting you, but their immigration policies are not racist or xenophobic.
    lolwut?

"Third World colonisation of Britain" hahahaha Not racist. That's such babble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian-Oly)
    Asian refers to my half of my body that is chinese, ihave no problem with the chinese as they are not extremists and dont continually suicidally bomb innocent members of the public.
    I think your should drown your self.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    lolwut?

"Third World colonisation of Britain" hahahaha Not racist. That's such babble
    Nothing racist about that phrase.

My spelling was pointing out the bad spelling of the guy I quoted,btw.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is frightening. :lolwut:

Racism is often misapplied these days.

I interpret the word "racist" as someone who discriminates a group of people for characteristics inherent and not within their control - skin, hair, eye colour etc.

I do not consider discriminating against a group's (or an individual's beliefs) racist. These are within the area of "personal choice" and if somebody beliefs that all Jews are inferior and must be killed then i will discriminate them for it. This includes religion and political beliefs (often intertwined), although not exclusively by any means!

ReputationRep:
    Well speaking in general terms, being a racist is frowned upon in our society. It is a form of closed-mindedness and unacceptance. But how far does your support for the BNP reflect your views about other cultures? That's the question.

ReputationRep:
    If you think that everyone of a particular race is bad or they are going to act in a particular way because of the colour of their skin or their place of birth then yes that is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    A better starting point would be for you to explain how they are.
    Because they discriminate against other races.

ReputationRep:
    My God they're crawling out of the wood work. Safety in posting numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Because Britain's full.

SHUT THE DOORS!!!

Wow thanks for explaining to me why you believe the BNP aren't racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Because they discriminate against other races.
    How exactly do their immigration policies discriminate against other races?

They want to stop all immigration, white and non-white.

As for voluntary repatriation ( which already exists under labour,by the way) they are merely encouraging maximum outflow of those not ethnically British. Not based on race,again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    I didn't mention you were a "racist", merely pointed out the fact that we are all racist at some point, hence, why everyone who states they have never been racist etc., are simply hypocrites
    Oh ok. Then I change my statement to 'I have never been racist/a racist'. Now what? explain how that makes me a hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Wow thanks for explaining to me why you believe the BNP aren't racist.
    Well, their immigration policy is to stop everybody coming in. That's hardly discriminatory in light of the current state of affairs. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Until everyone treats everyone with the same respect as being a human being judging them on their actions rather than their colour or ethnicity then yes your all racists not only racists but small minded too. as far as the BNP is concerned they're an extremist party. extreme being an important word...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.