Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voluntas Mos Victum)
    As for voluntary repatriation ( which already exists under labour,by the way) they are merely encouraging maximum outflow of those not ethnically British. Not based on race,again.
    Yes but you define ethnically British to be white. Can a person be say mixed race and ethnically British?

As you said I wasn't ethnically British because I'm not white.

(Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Well, their immigration policy is to stop everybody coming in. That's hardly discriminatory in light of the current state of affairs.
    The BNP policy is to shoot down boats bringing immigrants to Europe. Intill they shoot down planes brining polish people to England then I don't see how its not racism. Certainly, ethnically British is designed to mean white people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Oh ok. Then I change my statement to 'I have never been racist/a racist'. Now what? explain how that makes me a hypocrite.
    Your telling me you have never been racist. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

ReputationRep:
    How exactly do their immigration policies discriminate against other races?

They want to stop all immigration, white and non-white.

As for voluntary repatriation ( which already exists under labour,by the way) they are merely encouraging maximum outflow of those not ethnically British. Not based on race,again.

According to the BNP 2001 general election manifesto, “native Britons”, who they claim can only be white, would be given priority in the job market. “Non-whites” would instantly become second class citizens in Britain.

Any black person who commits a crime would also be thrown out of the country, even those who were born here.

Mixed race relationships would be outlawed.

Now that seems a little bit like discrimination to me :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    Your telling me you have never been racist. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?
    I really don't know why it's ridiculous! Why must I have been racist? Am I missing something here? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    Yes but you define ethnically British to be white. Can a person be say mixed race and ethnically British?
    They are half ethnically British, half ethnically something else. Quite simple really. It may be a case that indigenous Britons are white, but not every white person is indigenously British. I believe the BNP would offer voluntary resettlement to Poles and Spaniards just as they would to Indians and Jamaicans.

If you're not white you're not ethnically British, but this doesn't mean you don't have a right to be a British citizen. You're not English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh; if you are then it's denying the indigenous people a right to an ethnic identity which is racist in itself.

ReputationRep:

I don't just define ethnically British by race, that is simply one factor of ethnicity.

A white spaniard is not ethnically British either, so clearly the issue is not race at all.

ReputationRep:
    Britain cant simply shut its doors and hope for the best. How would that look in the international sphere if the UK just simply just stopped all migration in the country? Controlled and stagnated immigration would be the best key, for us economically and for them morally as they wouldnt have to put up with phobic measures that occur due to them being here in relatively large numbers.

ReputationRep:
    Until everyone treats everyone with the same respect as being human beings judging them on their actions rather than their colour, ethnicity or what you’ve seen in the media then yea your all racists not only are you racist but your small minded too. As far as the bnp is concerned they’re an extremist party, extreme being an important word...

ReputationRep:
    The thread title may as well be 'Is it wrong to be a rapist?'. It's not like the answer is going to be different or any less obvious.

Not a bad troll attempt OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    According to the BNP 2001 general election manifesto, “native Britons”, who they claim can only be white, would be given priority in the job market. “Non-whites” would instantly become second class citizens in Britain.

Any black person who commits a crime would also be thrown out of the country, even those who were born here.

Mixed race relationships would be outlawed.

Now that seems a little bit like discrimination to me :holmes:
    It is isn't a matter of white or non-white though- it is a matter of non-British and British. It is fairly common sense the native population gets looked after first, and if any country outside of Europe were subject to the massive immigration wave we have been they would get their natives in jobs and housing first without a second thought.

Nothing wrong with throwing out non-British criminals.

Not outlawed, but not encouraged either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    It's as true as you or I. And if you don't know it, well, then I guess you're just an idiot and prove my point.
    well your obviously jus a cynic who only has the ability to think pessimistically.............cos believe it or not there are ppl out there who aren't racist..........i think that you might be getting racism confused with ignorance....becasue yh i agree a lot of people show ignorance towards other cultures - becasue they don't know much about it ..........but thats not classed as racism....

just so you know racism is: the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races
    & discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race

You may fulfill this brief but not everyone does......!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    They are half ethnically British, half ethnically something else. Quite simple really. It may be a case that indigenous Britons are white, but not every white person is indigenously British. I believe the BNP would offer voluntary resettlement to Poles and Spaniards just as they would to Indians and Jamaicans.

If you're not white you're not ethnically British, but this doesn't mean you don't have a right to be a British citizen. You're not English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh; if you are then it's denying the indigenous people a right to an ethnic identity which is racist in itself.

Wrong. Nick Griffin makes his views quite clear on poles during this interview. He does not speak about British or non-British. He speaks about white and non white.

Apart from owing him completely Paxman easily exposes Griffin for the racist little thug he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEtUM...aynext_from=PL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    well your obviously jus a cynic who only has the ability to think pessimistically.............cos believe it or not there are ppl out there who aren't racist..........i think that you might be getting racism confused with ignorance....becasue yh i agree a lot of people show ignorance towards other cultures - becasue they don't know much about it ..........but thats not classed as racism....

just so you know racism is: the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races
    & discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race

You may fulfill this brief but not everyone does......!!
    Lmao, I guess Wiki was at your aid then. Define what is meant by the term 'race'? Have you never made a joke about Hitler? and the Jews? Anything? I'm pretty sure you have.

And, if you're going to call me cynical - look it up first!

+ Infact I'm quite cheery though, I obviously lack the idiocy you're looking for, so if you're going to even bother constructing a little arguement then atleast have the decency to speak in full English. Jeez, your parents must be proud!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    I really don't know why it's ridiculous! Why must I have been racist? Am I missing something here? :confused:
    You never been racist. I find that absure. Everyone is racist to a degree. Racism is define as hating someone based on their religion, race or creed. So you are telling you never been racist?

ReputationRep:
    Finally! Someone with some sense!

ReputationRep:
    yes it is wrong to be a racist

ReputationRep:
    Nothing racist about that phrase.

My spelling was pointing out the bad spelling of the guy I quoted,btw.
    Provocative use of the word "colonisation" (echoes of Western colonisation of the very countries he is now attacking). It's as if to say "We may have colonised you once upon a time, but look, now so are you...".

And then policies based on halting immigration are either incredibly stupid or xenophobic/racist. Given the BNP's past it isn't hard to make a claim for the latter, and to view hollow protestations to the contrary as a thin veneer of respectability for their abhorrent views.

Edit: And do they still deny non-whites the right to join their party? Is this not clear racism?

ReputationRep:
    Finally! Someone with some sense!
    Everyone is racist. I can't see how someone isn't. Prejudice is within human nature. What I am sick of the PC brigrade?

ReputationRep:
    You never been racist. I find that absure. Everyone is racist to a degree. Racism is define as hating someone based on their religion, race or creed. So you are telling you never been racist?

I am aware how hard it is for a human being like you to understand. But some of us do not judge others on such a petty thing as the colour of their skin.

And hating somebody for their religion is not racism. Hating/discriminating somebody for their race is.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, I guess Wiki was at your aid then. Define what is meant by the term 'race'? Have you never made a joke about Hitler? and the Jews? Anything? I'm pretty sure you have.

And, if you're going to call me cynical - look it up first!

+ Infact I'm quite cheery though, I obviously lack the idiocy you're looking for, so if you're going to even bother constructing a little arguement then atleast have the decency to speak in full English. Jeez, your parents must be proud!:woo:
    A joke doesnt have any serious sentiment behind it. Im frequently racist when I joke around. Against everyone equally.

It's different when there's serious intent behind it. That's real racism. A joke is just that: a joke.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.