Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    Racism is define as hating someone based on their religion, race or creed. So you are telling you never been racist?
    No it isn't.

Ideologies are not races, you can't be racist towards a communist.

Although I agree with your sentiments, nobody is perfect enough to have never had a fleeting thought of racism.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is racist. I can't see how someone isn't. Prejudice is within human nature. What I am sick of the PC brigrade?
    I know, I've never, ever, come accross someone who isn't or who hasn't made a racist remark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Wrong. Nick Griffin makes his views quite clear on poles during this interview. He does not speak about British or non-British. He speaks about white and non white.

Apart from owing him completely Paxman easily exposes Griffin for the racist little thug he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEtUM...aynext_from=PL
    That's the wrong film. Looking at the Paxman thing now.

But I don't understand your point. Anyone of foreign descent is currently eligable for the voluntary resettlement scheme already in place regardless of race; the BNP would merely pump more money into that scheme. Poles will still be eligible. If anything, according to your view, it would be a good thing if the Poles were removed from the scheme. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am aware how hard it is for a human being like you to understand. But some of us do not judge others on such a petty thing as the colour of their skin.

And hating somebody for their religion is not racism. Hating/discriminating somebody for their race is.
    I am just saying everyone is racist to a degree. I find hard to believe that people coming on here stating that they are not racist.

Racism does involve religion.

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=racist

Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    A joke doesnt have any serious sentiment behind it. Im frequently racist when I joke around. Against everyone equally.

It's different when there's serious intent behind it. That's real racism. A joke is just that: a joke.
    Aye, but it's now classed as a "racist" remark. But agreed, I often make jokes, and believe them to be just that but obviously some people get offended and don't believe it to be a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    Lmao, I guess Wiki was at your aid then. Define what is meant by the term 'race'? Have you never made a joke about Hitler? and the Jews? Anything? I'm pretty sure you have.

And, if you're going to call me cynical - look it up first!

+ Infact I'm quite cheery though, I obviously lack the idiocy you're looking for, so if you're going to even bother constructing a little arguement then atleast have the decency to speak in full English. Jeez, your parents must be proud!:woo:

Yeah it seems appropriate that you'd bring Hitler into this seeing as he was a complete racist.........n its ppl like you who will lead us back to genocide....with your views in thinking that racism is acceptable because suposedly everyone is racist!!:hmmm: n bringing someones parents into wot was a civilised debate is very mature.....jus when u was starting to look intelligent..

ReputationRep:
    And hating somebody for their religion is not racism. Hating/discriminating somebody for their race is.
    People can be racially attacked for thier religous beliefs. Its more the tool used as a basis for attack that makes it, possisbly racist. Such as there may be socio and economic pressures and people will use religon as a weapon to "sort" these pressures out. Religon is a visible element of the ethnicty and therefore a easy part of that ethicity to attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian-Oly)
    Last elections i didnt vote but if i did it would have been BNP, since then ive been called racist, i accept somethings i think, sometimes discuss with mates could be interpreted as racism. but am i wrong?

what do you think?
    if you're asian or half chinese or whatever it was you mentioned then you're not white or typically english/british which means that you're voting for a party that doesn't want you here?
    you say you want to stop immigrants but you wouldn't be here if that didn't occur, you descend from immigrants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Diva)
    No it isn't.

Ideologies are not races, you can't be racist towards a communist.

Although I agree with your sentiments, nobody is perfect enough to have never had a fleeting thought of racism.
    Racism does contain religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    Aye, but it's now classed as a "racist" remark. But agreed, I often make jokes, and believe them to be just that but obviously some people get offended and don't believe it to be a joke.
    As long as you show some tact then it's not racist. It's not cool to make a joke that you know will hurt someone's feelings.

ReputationRep:
    No, ofcourse not! You discriminate people because they are different to you by no choice of their own. Your fine, buddy!

ReputationRep:
    Racism does contain religion.
    You're incorrect.

Racism (Oxford Dictionary)

• noun 1 the belief that there are characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to each race. 2 discrimination against or antagonism towards other races.

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/racism?view=uk

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is racist. I can't see how someone isn't. Prejudice is within human nature. ?

Human Nature?? That is your argument.

Human nature is a gross self deception, used to avoid the moral responsibility upon each of us to choose our own values. You are not racist because it is human nature. you are racist because you have chosen to be racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Diva)
    You're incorrect.

Racism (Oxford Dictionary)

• noun 1 the belief that there are characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to each race. 2 discrimination against or antagonism towards other races.

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/racism?view=uk

People can be racially attacked for thier religous beliefs. Its more the tool used as a basis for attack that makes it, possisbly racist. Such as there may be socio and economic pressures and people will use religon as a weapon to "sort" these pressures out. Religon is a visible element of the ethnicty and therefore a easy part of that ethicity to attack.

Even if you do not agree with this, can you really state bearing in mind from the day you were born to this present day, you never been racist, not necessarily expressed it but thought it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    Yeah it seems appropriate that you'd bring Hitler into this seeing as he was a complete racist.........n its ppl like you who will lead us back to genocide....with your views in thinking that racism is acceptable because suposedly everyone is racist!!:hmmm: n bringing someones parents into wot was a civilised debate is very mature.....jus when u was starting to look intelligent..
    Oh dear. Please, please, for your own sake start to speak English. I'm not a translator for 'chav' you know? And check your grammar too.

Secondly, do you even know the meaning of genocide? Thirdly, I don't even once recall mentioning anything about my acceptance of racism? I merely mentioned the fact that everyone to some degree is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)

What? So i can be racist towards christians? That would mean Caucasians, Asians, Arabs, Indians, Chinese, Hispanics etc...

No... religion transcends race. I think the phrase you are looking for is discriminate.

ReputationRep:

Even if you do not agree with this, can you really state bearing in mind from the day you were born to this present day, you never been racist, not necessarily expressed it but thought it?
    Me being racist has nothing to do with religon being used as a tool to implement it

ReputationRep:
    The plain fact is, as long as religions are open to and hold members of varying ethnicities, it is wrong to deem them as races. Thus, the overused 'racist' term becomes redundant.

Religion is merely an ideology. You wouldn't advocate the view that communism or nationalism can be considered races, would you?

Is that aimed at me? I already told you that I agreed with this.

ReputationRep:
    You never been racist. I find that absure. Everyone is racist to a degree. Racism is define as hating someone based on their religion, race or creed. So you are telling you never been racist?
    After that definition (which you got from where, incidentally?), most definitely not! It's nice to know I'm one in a billion! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    funny how some people keep moaning about all the immigrants moving here, but nothing ever gets said about the thousands upon thousands of BRITISH people that move overseas to Australia, New Zealand, America etc........

We need immigrants to keep the country going! For instance i live on a street where atleast 10 families are living on the doll when they are quite capable of getting a job but can't be arsed! so if everyone on the doll who could work went to work we wouldn't need immigrants to come to this country.

If a racist comment is made with the intent to hurt someones feelings then its wrong. However, some people say 'words' that they don't think are racist without meaning to hurt someones feelings. I think some racism exists because people are confused about which words they are allowed to say and which they aren't and people can take it in the wrong way.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.