Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    I merely mentioned the fact that everyone to some degree is.

Source please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Human Nature?? That is your argument.

Human nature is a gross self deception, used to avoid the moral responsibility upon each of us to choose our own values. You are not racist because it is human nature. you are racist because you have chosen to be racist.
    It is within human nature to destroy one another based upon prejudices. Perhaps your right. History has always told us people have been to war using racism as a format. I do think personally we are all racist, I find it hard to believe to someone isn't. I am not saying we are all Hitlers as such, but to some degree we are racist...Are you really telling me, from the day you were born till this present, you never express or thought anything perceived to be racist?

ReputationRep:
    What? So i can be racist towards christians?

No... religion transcends race. I think the phrase you are looking for is discriminate.
    Yes you can but christainity doesnt get attacked it does the attacking.
    Syanogues being burnt down because its a place of Jewish worship, thats racist.

To discriminate against a race cleary shows xenophobia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    Me being racist has nothing to do with religon being used as a tool to implement it
    Say if I said, to a erson who has beard and a turban, and I called them Bin Laden in a certain tone, that would not be racist?

I am calling bin laden on the basis I assume they are muslim.

Or I call a muslim, a terrorist based on their religion?

Is that not racist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    Say if I said, to a erson who has beard and a turban, and I called them Bin Laden in a certain tone, that would not be racist?

I am calling bin laden on the basis I assume they are muslim.

Is that not racist?
    /

how have you made this relevant to anything that I have said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    After that definition (which you got from where, incidentally?), most definitely not! It's nice to know I'm one in a billion! :yy:

Really? I find that hard to believe. You really telling me you never thought or expressed any sort of racism, even to a degree? I find it hard to believe.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can but christainity doesnt get attacked it does the attacking.
    Syanogues being burnt down because its a place of Jewish worship, thats racist.

To discriminate against a race cleary shows xenophobia

No, that would be discrimination against the jewish faith. There could be any number of races who belonged to that synagouge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lush_lady)
    funny how some people keep moaning about all the immigrants moving here, but nothing ever gets said about the thousands upon thousands of BRITISH people that move overseas to Australia, New Zealand, America etc........

We need immigrants to keep the country going! For instance i live on a street where atleast 10 families are living on the doll when they are quite capable of getting a job but can't be arsed! so if everyone on the doll who could work went to work we wouldn't need immigrants to come to this country.

If a racist comment is made with the intent to hurt someones feelings then its wrong. However, some people say 'words' that they don't think are racist without meaning to hurt someones feelings. I think some racism exists because people are confused about which words they are allowed to say and which they aren't and people can take it in the wrong way.
    That's because we are IN Britain, so the immigration of people into Britain is the thing that most affects us. If we were in Australia, I'm sure we could discuss the immigration of British people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Diva)
    The plain fact is, as long as religions are open to and hold members of varying ethnicities, it is wrong to deem them as races. Thus, the overused 'racist' term becomes redundant.

Religion is merely an ideology. You wouldn't advocate the view that communism or nationalism can be considered races, would you?

Is that aimed at me? I already told you that I agreed with this.
    Like the username lol...
    Anyway, if I said to a muslim, and I called them terrorist in a certain tone based upon their religion? Is that not racist?

I used google to define. I am sure religion comes under racism.

Aye, your telling me from the day you were born to this day, you never been racist, not even to a degree? I find it hard to believe.

ReputationRep:

Is that not racist?

No because you are not discrimminating against their race. You are judging them by their religion.

ReputationRep:
    /

how have you made this relevant to anything that I have said?
    But do you think that racist though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloem257)
    Well done, they are also racist. Doesn't stop the BNP from being racist though, does it?
    How is the Black Police Association racist?

ReputationRep:
    No, that would be discrimination against the jewish faith. There could be any number of races who belonged to that synagouge.
    I should have said Jewish synagogues, as that is what the majority of them are. To discriminate in this way is a racial attack because you are singling them out for there racial charecteristics and cultural beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    Oh dear. Please, please, for your own sake start to speak English. I'm not a translator for 'chav' you know? And check your grammar too.

Secondly, do you even know the meaning of genocide? Thirdly, I don't even once recall mentioning anything about my acceptance of racism? I merely mentioned the fact that everyone to some degree is.
    "Oh dear. Please, please, for your own sake start to speak English. I'm not a translator for 'chav' you know?"
    All these extra things that you are saying are just backing from the point... Seeing as we seem to be swapping tips about things like grammar....let me give you a handy tip for future reference: its not very mature to just keep on giving insults out especially when they are not neccesary......you don't know me - so please..don't call me a chav...try to restrain yourself from straying from the subject if you quote me again.....because i find the personal diggs immature....grow up or don't bother quoting me!

Anyway back to the point...You are either racist or you are not - there are no 'degrees' about it..either you discriminate against people just becasue of their race or you don't!! And yes i know the meaning of genocide- why don't you 'wiki' it.....

ReputationRep:
    But do you think that racist though?
    do you think it is ?

ReputationRep:
    No because you are not discrimminating against their race. You are judging them by their religion.
    What would you call that then?

I think it personally is racism. I am taking a wider approach to the meaning really.

ReputationRep:
    do you think it is ?
    I was giving an example, yes I do think it is racist, I asking your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    "Oh dear. Please, please, for your own sake start to speak English. I'm not a translator for 'chav' you know?"
    All these extra things that you are saying are just backing from the point... Seeing as we seem to be swapping tips about things like grammar....let me give you a handy tip for future reference: its not very mature to just keep on giving insults out especially when they are not neccesary......you don't know me - so please..don't call me a chav...try to restrain yourself from straying from the subject if you quote me again.....because i find the personal diggs immature....grow up or don't bother quoting me!

Anyway back to the point...You are either racist or you are not - there are no 'degrees' about it..either you discriminate against people just becasue of their race or you don't!! And yes i know the meaning of genocide- why don't you 'wiki' it.....
    Again, you might want to read what I've said. Never said you were a chav, I simply pointed out the fact you type like one

Anywayyyyyy, you don't really have much of an arguement to defend yourself. So I'll just go ahead and call you a racist for the hell of it.

ReputationRep:
    I was giving an example, yes I do think it is racist, I asking your thoughts?
    and why are my thoughts relative to what I have said

ReputationRep:
    I should have said Jewish synagogues, as that is what the majority of them are. To discriminate in this way is a racial attack because you are singling them out for there racial charecteristics and cultural beliefs.

No, because if you were attacking Jewish people, what would be the difference between attacking a Jewish synagouge or attacking a Jewish supermarket?

Religion does'nt have anything to do with it.

Using Judaism is a very confusing subject for this Argument. Due to the fact that to be considered Jewish your must be born to a mother who has converted. I't does not really take race or ethnicity into account.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.