Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    and why are my thoughts relative to what I have said
    Do you personally think it is racist? Yes or no. Don't avoid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion if its considered racist just ignore it everybody is racist or predjeduce in some way like I think all chavs should be shot and political correctness would show thats wrong but it dosen't bother me, most people are carebears these days.
    Your thinking is entirely acceptable imo.

(Original post by Moe Lester)
    You dislike people simply because of genetics...is that wrong? I think so.
    I think so too - but disliking people because of their actions (such as those of chavs) is perfectly acceptable, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    What would you call that then?

I think it personally is racism. I am taking a wider approach to the meaning really.

Well then, seeing as you are going to reinvent and redifine words to support your argument, No one should take you seriously.

I think myself and most others will go by the definition given in the dictionary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    Again, you might want to read what I've said. Never said you were a chav, I simply pointed out the fact you type like one

Anywayyyyyy, you don't really have much of an arguement to defend yourself. So I'll just go ahead and call you a racist for the hell of it.
    You might want to reevaluate the situation as the one who is lacking the arguament is usually the one who decides not to continue backing their case..................but in your situation that was a wise choice seeing as you really had no case........

but well done again for ending with yet another unbelievably immature statement
    - "So I'll just go ahead and call you a racist for the hell of it."

Please don't quote me again.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    No, because if you were attacking Jewish people, what would be the difference between attacking a Jewish synagouge or attacking a Jewish supermarket?

Religion does'nt have anything to do with it.

Using Judaism is a very confusing subject for this Argument. Due to the fact that to be considered Jewish your must be born to a mother who has converted. I't does not really take race or ethnicity into account.
    its an element of racism used to cause anymosity towards a group, you can easily see it, so you hate it for what is it and who it represents, thefore it is attacked for them reasons making it a racial attack.
    you would attack a jewish supermarket becuase the jews are prospering and therefore you can identify them with it. You would attack a jewish synagogue for the same reason because it is part of there identity and you can relate them to it.

ReputationRep:
    Well then, seeing as you are going to reinvent and redifine words to support your argument, No one should take you seriously.

I think myself and most others will go by the definition given in the dictionary.
    What would you call it then?

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=racist

How can you not be racist? I find it hard to believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    Whats wrong with being racist? Everyone is to some degree, just some people are more open about it. You guys are all hypocrites.
    Some people need to wisen up and stop insulting people they know nothing about. And you're one of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    You might want to reevaluate the situation as the one who is lacking the arguament is usually the one who decides not to continue backing their case..................but in your situation that was a wise choice seeing as you really had no case........

but well done again for ending with yet another unbelievably immature statement
    - "So I'll just go ahead and call you a racist for the hell of it."

Please don't quote me again.....
    You have to admit your racist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloem257)
    A slight generalisation there I think? Not all Asians who aren't Chinese are extremeists and suicidally bomb innocent members of the public. I have Indian, Pakistani, Syrian, Libyan friends who find acts of terrorism such as 9/11 abhorrent. This is the problem with racism - it is wrong because it is founded totally on unproved prejudices. That's all it is, prejudice. So one intelligent person on this thread said that in today's society it is wrong. I shall take it one step further. To anyone with more than 3 braincells and the ability to see past unfounded prejudices yes, it is wrong to be racist.
    i agree with you, :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Do you personally think it is racist? Yes or no. Don't avoid.
    Why is it relative do not avoid

ReputationRep:
    You have to admit your racist?
    omg........do you ever give up????

ReputationRep:
    Really? I find that hard to believe. You really telling me you never thought or expressed any sort of racism, even to a degree? I find it hard to believe.
    Oh, oh well. It's the truth. I grew up with one White best friend and one Black best friend, then went to one secondary school where my 2 best friends were Muslims, one from Pakistan and the other from Bangladesh (with the others in our 'group' being me a Black Christian, a White Christian, a Hindu, and another White and another Black girl whose religions (or lack thereof) I don't remember), then I changed secondary school and went to one where my main 'group' was mostly Black, then came the dreadful years of college where I was depressed and didn't really have any friends, then came Uni where my best friends are all White (and 90% non-religious).
    I don't personally include religions in racism discussions, but since you have, I've grown up surrounded by people of all different races and religions and they've all been different because of many things and there has been nothing that they all are or all do or all have that's exactly the same as other people of their race. They've all been different and I've liked them all for different reasons. Why on earth would I hate or say/do/think something that indicates hatred for an entire group of people when my whole life has taught me that everyone is different and no one is bound by the race they are born into? It just makes no sense to me, and if that's so hard for you to believe either because of your own mind or your personal experience, then fine, it's your problem, and it's you that's apparently lived a limited life, not me.

I am not a racist, never have been and never will be. If, again, that makes me strange and unique, then I am for once very proud to stand alone in my uniqueness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    its an element of racism used to cause anymosity towards a group, you can easily see it, so you hate it for what is it and who it represents, thefore it is attacked for them reasons making it a racial attack.
    you would attack a jewish supermarket becuase the jews are prospering and therefore you can identify them with it. You would attack a jewish synagogue for the same reason because it is part of there identity and you can relate them to it.

You are becoming confused.

>Racism
    >Race

Race and religion are two different things. Lets take Islam for example. You wouldn't attack an English mosque because you hated egyptians would you?

You wouldn't attack an English church because you hated Ethiopians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    omg........do you ever give up????
    Are you really that person of JLS, what his name, the small one? Or is it just you put an image. By the way your clearly racist. Have you not ever ordered a Chinese, there is gonna be dog, or an Indian and thought it must be sweaty, or an Italian and thought it Mussolini?

ReputationRep:
    This is a very complicated topic and hard to form a logical argument but I shall try. Trying to make a reference to science, evolutionists believe such things as intellect, objective morality and emotions are all inherently evolutionary. In particular objective morality prevents such things as murder, which has evolved, so to speak, to aid maximum survival within our species. Not being racist is a type of morality, and as I said morals are in place to prevent things like racisim, hatred etc becoming murder - i.e decreasing the population. Therefore in terms of evolution racism is wrong because as you can see with the KKK and Hitler it causes a decrease in the population of homo sapiens. However, talking in terms of law racism is not 'wrong' if it doesn't insinuate hatred or violence and there is a clear distinction between racism and racial hatred. For example saying 'black people are stupid' is racist but doesn't mean the person saying that hates them. On the contrary saying 'i wish those black people would get out of my country and f**k off' is clearly racial hatred.

ReputationRep:
    You are becoming confused.

>Racism
    >Race

Race and religion are two different things. Lets take Islam for example. You wouldn't attack an English mosque because you hated egyptians would you?

You wouldn't attack an English church because you hated Ethiopians?
    I see religion as part of racism because the race in question can be identified and attacked for thier personal beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    racism isnt a disorder or something- one that you're born with, lol. its just a prejudice we all pick up from the influences around us? e.g. frinds, family, news/media- all these things influence us in many ways and could be biased. if the word racist didnt exist, who knows how humans would treat each other? for starters, we would probably stop using the excuse that our enemies are 'racist' towards us? like som many others have said, racism is a form of prejudice and the only way to stop prejudice is by stopping the media from 'brain washing' these ideas.. and just to keep an open mind... never judge a book by it's cover..

ReputationRep:
    well don't the BNP believe in shipping other ethnic minorities out of England because it is not their country? If im mistaken, im sorry, but from that point it seems as if by you wanting to vote for BNP, it shows that you support this - and yes i would consider it offensive to other races and therefore racist.

ReputationRep:
    What would you call it then?

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=racist

How can you not be racist? I find it hard to believe.

I think i would rather trust a reliable source.

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/racism?view=uk

racism

• noun 1 the belief that there are characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to each race. 2 discrimination against or antagonism towards other races.

I would rather judge people on who they actually are rather than a steotype.

ReputationRep:
    Are you really that person of JLS, what his name, the small one? Or is it just you put an image. By the way your clearly racist. Have you not ever ordered a Chinese, there is gonna be dog, or an Indian and thought it must be sweaty, or an Italian and thought it Mussolini?
    Ok i really did think that you were quite clever.....i mean you were criticising me for being a chav..........oh no sorry.....i mean typing like a chav.....

But come on seriously......why would Aston from JLS join tsr and name himself the.white.rabbit - seriously........

ofcourse its not him!!!

n why do you find it so hard to believe that i'm not racist......have you not come across anyone else before thats not?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.