(Original post by Asian-Oly)
    i woud have voted BNP for there policy to immideatly ban all imergrants
    straight up why ?

and does this include kicking out :
    black ethnicties
    white ethnicties
    those that have been settled here for 25 to 50 years

(Original post by Moe Lester)
    You think it is purely political correctness preventing the mass-murder of "chavs"? :lolwut:
    Well i think the news of the mass imprisonment of chavs would spark a bunch of crap about human rights and been predjeduce and lets face it the main problem would be who is to pick their ten kids up from primary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJB 91)
    More than likely, the people that say it is not acceptable are liberal minded.. yet declaring it unacceptable to vote BNP... is not liberal?

Racism is considered Fascist, yet isn't it fascist to call somebody racist?
    This is an interesting observation. You certainly do get people who describe themselves as "very liberal", but are among the most intolerant and hateful of people. The term "liberal", in politics, doesn't literally mean liberal in terms of freedom and all that, though, I guess. It's just a label for a certain point on the political spectrum, and "very liberal" people tend to support it just as violently and aggressively as do far-right people promote their ideas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Well i think the news of the mass imprisonment of chavs would spark a bunch of crap about human rights and been predjeduce and lets face it the main problem would be who is to pick their ten kids up from primary.
    Yeah bah human rights...PC nonsense ...PC gone mad...this country has gone to the dogs. WTF?

Mass imprisonment of people who haven't broken a law and you think questioning their human rights would amount to a "bunch of crap"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Well i think the news of the mass imprisonment of chavs would spark a bunch of crap about human rights and been predjeduce
    Well there's hardly any justification behind imprisoning someone for the sole reason that he/she's a chav. :rolleyes: National Service, probably...:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade1)
    Nooo you're not wrong at all!
    I would have voted BNP, doesn't mean I'm racist. People don't seem to look at the other things they're offering too. For example how they are going to allow the pensioners (who were born and live here and have worked very hard throughout their life in Britain ) access to the NHS System and council housing first instead of the immigrants who just come over and seem to get anything nice that's going even though some poor old dear has been waiting 2 years in a waiting list!
    Again, more unfounded generalisations. A report by the UK Equalities Watchdog stated that only 1.8% of council house tenants have moved to the UK in the past 5 years. Therefore your "poor old dear" really doesn't have much to worry about, do they?

There is a housing crisis in the UK. Fact. It's well-known that waiting lists for council houses are huge, for all ethnicities who are on it. So please, get your facts straight before you start spouting BNP drivel off as fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    straight up why ?

and does this include kicking out :
    black ethnicties
    white ethnicties
    those that have been settled here for 25 to 50 years
    It doesn't. It supports the voluntary resettlement of minorities; basically offer them money to leave...something the Spanish and Japanese governments are doing at present. As for white minorities Griffin and his ilk don't care, they are fine with them staying, they would just tighten up immigration from Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Voting BNP does not make you a racist.

Opposing mass immigration does not make you a racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    Agreed, but people use the term 'racism' too freely nowadays. I think, generally, that people just associate 'racism' to colour, when infact its nationality and culture etc. too!
    Quite. I was amused the other day when a "friend" (we strongly dislike each other ) who is vehemently "anti-racist", and has had huge rants at me for all kinds of ridiculous things, made a good criticism of English people for their inability to put on a decent carnival and parade, owing to their lack of creativity, rhythm, and inability to dance.
    Racist? Yes. So?

The same person does have quite a funny idea of what racism means, though. When once accused of being racist by someone else, she proved her innocence by stating how she had "gone out with" a man of Indian descent (for a few weeks). If you can kiss a paki, you must not be racist, right?
    Still, I never told her that the only girl I've been in a relationship was non-white. That would have confused her too much - after all, I WAS A RACIST!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJB 91)
    More than likely, the people that say it is not acceptable are liberal minded.. yet declaring it unacceptable to vote BNP... is not liberal?

Racism is considered Fascist, yet isn't it fascist to call somebody racist?

More on topic: The BNP have some very good policies. It's just their racist ones that give them bad press. I think their immigration policies and EU withdrawal plans(?) could be quite beneficial to the country.

1.) Maybe because liberals support equality and freedom for all people (dependent upon the strain of liberalism of course) yet the BNP quite obviously don't? Liberals also disagree with Guantanamo Bay - this happens to be a prison under the control of the US government, apparently one of the greatest liberal democracies in the world (load of crap if you ask me but whatever.) Liberals oppose anything that suppresses freedom and equality - which is actually very liberal indeed.

2.) Their racist policies give them bad press because they are quite a big deal really! fact is, the majority of BNP policies are based on general prejudices - as is the majority of nationalist thinking, such as Hitler's genocide of the jews. They play on the divides inherent in society in order to cultivate support for their one-sided ideals. Never a good thing really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloem257)
    Again, more unfounded generalisations. A report by the UK Equalities Watchdog stated that only 1.8% of council house tenants have moved to the UK in the past 5 years. Therefore your "poor old dear" really doesn't have much to worry about, do they?

There is a housing crisis in the UK. Fact. It's well-known that waiting lists for council houses are huge, for all ethnicities who are on it. So please, get your facts straight before you start spouting BNP drivel off as fact.
    Do you believe everything you read or see?
    The fact of the matter is that the person who has published this thread is not racist at all but is in fact realist and is voting for the party who he thinks is going to do the right thing for this country at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    It doesn't. It supports the voluntary resettlement of minorities; basically offer them money to leave...something the Spanish and Japanese governments are doing at present. As for white minorities Griffin and his ilk don't care, they are fine with them staying, they would just tighten up immigration from Europe.
    ah right I can understand why they would want to tighten immgration particaulry in a time like this. Dont think i would agree with voluntary resettlement that just seems to me to be a polite way to say **** off. I think its racist if you hate those who are here, particulary those who have been settled here for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    it's a difficult one if you ask me. On paper, the BNP policies seem reasonable.
    Notice that the BNP policies don't mention colour or ethnicity at all. It's just the case that we can't provide for our current citizens and a stream of new ones at the same time.
    There are also the matters of culture. - It's not unreasonable for Britain to want to maintain it's own unique heritage.

So I would say that I do agree with BNP policy - However, who really knows what they would do? I mean you can't trust politicians. Plus, I don't believe in democracy (in its current form) as a good thing. There's a big difference between doing what people want you to do and doing what is best. I mean, look at the Labour govt. now. They're doing everything they can to stay popular, and leaving all the mess for the conservatives to clean up when they win. Which will inevitably make the conservatives unpopular, because they'll have to tell johnny-no-cash he won't be able to buy a plasma tv.

Anyway, hopefully the IMF will step in before we have to re-mortgage the channel islands.

ReputationRep:
    1.) Maybe because liberals support equality and freedom for all people (dependent upon the strain of liberalism of course) yet the BNP quite obviously don't? Liberals also disagree with Guantanamo Bay - this happens to be a prison under the control of the US government, apparently one of the greatest liberal democracies in the world (load of crap if you ask me but whatever.) Liberals oppose anything that suppresses freedom and equality - which is actually very liberal indeed.
    What about, for example, one's "freedom" to live in an all-white England?

Either let non-whites live in England (freedom to those non-whites who want to move here), or don't let them (freedom to those residents who don't want the non-whites here).

Or, returning to my "very liberal" friend who I mentioned earlier. I was denied any freedom to use, well, quite a number of words I was very used to using, or from obtaining, creating or displaying a range of images and pictures.

Let's say I wanted to use the word "******" to describe a black person. Imagine just her and I were in the room. That combination of sounds from my mouth causes her such distress and upset that she would that I was forbidden from speaking it. Why could I not have the "freedom" to use that word if I wanted?

And so on.
    "Freedom" is pretty meaningless, tbh. And there is some inherent contradiction in aggressively pushing the concept on people (a population, or on a smaller scale, or whatever).

ReputationRep:
    ah right I can understand why they would want to tighten immgration particaulry in a time like this. Dont think i would agree with voluntary resettlement that just seems to me to be a polite way to say **** off. I think its racist if you hate those who are here, particulary those who have been settled here for a long time.
    Voluntary resettlement already exists under the present government. The BNP would just dedicate more funding to it.

ReputationRep:
    Well I agree with tightening immigration, as for hating people because they are a certain skin tone is vile, no matter how long they have been here. As NB said ^^^ the resettlement thing I believe exists at present anyway...the BNP would just make it more of a cornerstone policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade1)
    The fact of the matter is that the person who has published this thread is not racist at all but is in fact realist and is voting for the party who he thinks is going to do the right thing for this country at the moment.

I believe reports that have been published by an independent watchdog, I'd say that they are more credible than statistics given by a facist right-wing party such as...oooh let's see now...the BNP.

The person who started this thread stated that he has nothing against chinese people because they aren't suicidal bombers who kill innocent people. I fail to see how this is a.)not racist and b.) realist. It's realist to say that all asians (of course, apart from the Chinese who do in fact control one of the most oppressive regimes second only to North Korea maybe) are suicidal bombers. Yep. Dead realistic and balanced there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade1)
    Migrationwatch(an independant watchdog) also refutes the claims that user mentioned aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Voluntary resettlement already exists under the present government. The BNP would just dedicate more funding to it.
    What sort of money are they offering at present?

ReputationRep:
    I believe reports that have been published by an independent watchdog, I'd say that they are more credible than statistics given by a facist right-wing party such as...oooh let's see now...the BNP.

The person who started this thread stated that he has nothing against chinese people because they aren't suicidal bombers who kill innocent people. I fail to see how this is a.)not racist and b.) realist. It's realist to say that all asians (of course, apart from the Chinese who do in fact control one of the most oppressive regimes second only to North Korea maybe) are suicidal bombers. Yep. Dead realistic and balanced there...
    No the BNP are left wing.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.