Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    of course it is wrong to be rascist, to think someon is worst than yourself because of who there parents are or where they were born is an absoutly ridiculous and barbaric idea. to all those people that have said that everyone is slightly rascist so it is ok, you are only fooling yourselves to make rascism seem trivial. i am a white bitish male,and may think at times that it may be unfairfor foriegn people to get the job over a british worker, but i feel bad when i think it, it is wrong to think it because if someone is a better harder working person they should get the job, its what capitalism is based on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    You may want the entire planet to be mixed (which is in fact a very cringeworthy prospect regardless), but the fact is that this is not happening. The West is being mixed, and the East are being allowed to keep their own traditional characteristics. It's unfair and wrong. Every peoples have a right to identity, including white people.

There aren't any laws in China, Japan etc stopping multiculturalism or procreation between members of different races. The East isn't being "allowed" to keep its own 'identity', the West is merely attracting people from the East whereas the East is not attracting people from the West.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    Racism is discrimination based on ethnicity. There you go.

My 'version' of the BNP is the version thatis plain to see from their own manifesto and website (that was quite an amusing half hour actually).

The BNP's policy is to put the interests 'white British' people before those of people of other ethinic backgrounds, this policy is discriminatory on the grounds of ethnicity and thus is racist. A party with racist policies can only be defined as racist.
    So racism is how you want to define it. I see. Because, you know, up until a load of spotty liberals and Marxists on the internet and elsewhere said otherwise, racism was always defined as hatred and contempt for other races. That was the general consensus anyway; although it's still probably the most hotly contested definition in the English language. Its mere ambiguity subverts your entire 'racism' nonsense. Your strawman of the BNP comes from your lies about forced deportation, and the BNP have no intention to put the indigenous population ahead of anyone. They are the vanguard of equality in that they want to reverse the tide of reverse racism which puts ethnic minorities at the head of all sorts of queues in both the state and private sector ("positive" discrimination in other words - LOL that's an oxymoron if I ever saw one). The two BNP MEPs have promised to help any of their constituents regardless of race and cultural belief, as have many of their councillors (racist attacks have fallen where the BNP have been elected in Barking & Dagenham). Research this group more holistically before coming to me with your UAF/Guardian malarkey.

ReputationRep:
    ....bRittISh culrter dos nat exeestt u cant defyne itttt
    i assume this means Briitsh culture does not exist, what a lie. you are clearly an ignoant person who has not travelled and seen anywhere else. i have spent months living in other countries and you realise straight away that the British culture is stronger than youd think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spruce18)
    i assume this means Briitsh culture does not exist, what a lie. you are clearly an ignoant person who has not travelled and seen anywhere else. i have spent months living in other countries and you realise straight away that the British culture is stronger than youd think.
    Yes, I know. I was mocking the people who come out with that nonsense. I thought the seemingly obvious fact that no-one could be so stupid as to spell effectively every word wrong and misplace capitals was enough to show it was a parody of thick libertarians with no sense of heritage. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Mate Where your from anything is possible!

and Your view are so extreme and ignorant, that i have nothing more to add.

But its seems pretty normal to me for people from The Isle of Hayling to view the world like this.

ReputationRep:
    I think if its socially acceptable to be sexist and age-ist - which it is...

In theory, really it should be acceptable to be racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOSH-L)
    I think if its socially acceptable to be sexist and age-ist - which it is...

In theory, really it should be acceptable to be racist.
    Indeed. It does in fact seem that in the present day the only thing seperating an insult of black skin pigmentation, and an insult of ginger hair is the history involving a bunch of people who had nothing to do with me.

ReputationRep:
    So racism is how you want to define it. I see. Because, you know, up until a load of spotty liberals and Marxists on the internet and elsewhere said otherwise, racism was always defined as hatred and contempt for other races. That was the general consensus anyway; although it's still probably the most hotly contested definition in the English language. Its mere ambiguity subverts your entire 'racism' nonsense. Your strawman of the BNP comes from your lies about forced deportation, and the BNP have no intention to put the indigenous population ahead of anyone. They are the vanguard of equality in that they want to reverse the tide of reverse racism which puts ethnic minorities at the head of all sorts of queues in both the state and private sector ("positive" discrimination in other words - LOL that's an oxymoron if I ever saw one). The two BNP MEPs have promised to help any of their constituents regardless of race and cultural belief, as have many of their councillors (racist attacks have fallen where the BNP have been elected in Barking & Dagenham). Research this group more holistically before coming to me with your UAF/Guardian malarkey.
    Why would one discriminate for reasons other than hatred or contempt?

Of course the two BNP MEPs in the spotlight are going to claim that they will help any of their constituents regardless of their race.....how likely is it that someone of 'foreign' ethnicity is going to: ask a BNP member for help? Given that the majority of British citizens in that area are obviously BNP voters and thus not 'ethnic'....

What's an effigy made of straw got to do with my view of the BNP? That just confused me.

"The BNP have no intention to put the indigenous population ahead of anyone": Quote the BNP website's section on economic policy, "We also call for preference in the job market to be given to native Britons." That is a racist sentiment when we consider that a 'native Briton' has to be white.

It may be that ethnic minorities end up at the front of queues for public services, but that is merely because they happen to fulfil the set criteria for being at the 'front of the queue' due to their cultural differences (e.g. larger families applying for council housing are in greater need of council houses). This is not due to policy, and thus not discrimiation ('positive' or otherwise), it is just a bureaucratic reality.

ReputationRep:
    The BNP produced this to attract children to the party: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnwFm...eature=related

Echoes of Nazism as it hails Nick Griffin near the end.

I think I will also point out here that no other party targets children in order to gain supporters.

ReputationRep:
    i agree that to an extent, everyone is racist. to be racist is to hold certain principles or ideals about race(s) that arent necessarily negative.
    your thoughts are your own , i think many people take political correctness too far.

ReputationRep:
    Racism is discrimination based on ethnicity. There you go.
    And what does discrimination mean in this case? Because that word can be utterly benign as well, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    naww its not wrong

when you start to discriminate against people because of your beliefs it is

ReputationRep:
    Your views are your own. But have sensitivity when voicing them.

I'm not interested in telling people how they must think, and telling people they are wrong.

But being racist really is quite ... stupid. I would certainly advise against it. I can understand not liking other cultures e.g. I don't like islamic culture because of its treatment of women and homosexuals - but thats nothing to do with brown skin, they might as well be any colour and if thats their culture, its equally wrong.

Why would their skin pigments, dictated by sun rays, mean anything at all? I've never really understood racism ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by statics)
    ... racist views, which fundamentally demean an entire group of people based solely on the ethnic group which they were born into (and had no control over)..
    This thinking brings us to a philosophical dead-end, though - since we have to consider tricky issues such as free-will and choice, and all their related problems.
    I don't mean that maybe people chose their race, but that do people ever really choose any of their actions or characteristics (many of which we are happy to condemn)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_neg_master_)
    Yes, they're not allowed to get into work at their point of entry and must wait for 6 months before getting a job. Plus with trainings and possibly schooling, they can develop or improve their skills. Not that I am generalising but people in underdeveloped country/developing country are I believe hardworking individuals. So this incentive will surely help UK's economy.
    Much better is to improve the education system and get the massive amount of indigenous Brits out of work back into secure jobs.

Most asylum seekers are here for a free ride- and international law states they must go to the nearest safe country, so we should only ever take them from Ireland or France.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wellisntitfor)
    This thinking brings us to a philosophical dead-end, though - since we have to consider tricky issues such as free-will and choice, and all their related problems.
    I don't mean that maybe people chose their race, but that do people ever really choose any of their actions or characteristics (many of which we are happy to condemn)?
    Indeed. But I think that's neither here nor there. Any moral discussion of this kind presupposes free will. The whole thread (and hundreds of others) would be rendered null and void if every time a moral issue was up for discussion it was pointed out that there may be no free will at all. Within the libertarian framework on which this whole topic must be based, there is a difference between choosing your race and choosing your actions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wellisntitfor)
    Actions and charecteristics are defined, in these terms would be by ethicnicty. Ethnic groups usaully tend to stick together for moral,finacial, religious, support. So the spouses siblings have taekn on thier chrecteristics. As this pattern has been happeing for centuries it defiines the ethicity

ReputationRep:
    "The BNP have no intention to put the indigenous population ahead of anyone": Quote the BNP website's section on economic policy, "We also call for preference in the job market to be given to native Britons." That is a racist sentiment when we consider that a 'native Briton' has to be white.
    No it isn't- the race of the people is neither her nor there- it is the British ethnicity which counts. You cannot be white and be ethnically British, but you also can't be ethnically British and be a white Spaniard.

The race element is not the primary aim of such a policy by merely an unavoidable side effect.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.