Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by statics)
    Indeed. But I think that's neither here nor there. Any moral discussion of this kind presupposes free will. The whole thread (and hundreds of others) would be rendered null and void if every time a moral issue was up for discussion it was pointed out that there may be no free will at all. Within the libertarian framework on which this whole topic must be based, there is a difference between choosing your race and choosing your actions.
    Yes, I suppose we must just put that issue aside or else we'd be frozen and unable to discuss anything else.
    I'd suggest that the issue, and many others, like you say, truly are rendered null and void, though, and so we continue to discuss them for entertainment purposes only

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what is wrong with expressing an opinion that may be classed as 'racist'. People are oversensitive these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lessthanzero)
    no dig at you, but I cant ever see that happening. I dont trust the daily mail they would pinrt something like that, though ive never heard of the other source before. Minorties only make up someting like 8 % of the population. I doubt indigneous Britains would ever be a minioirty in thier own country, if they were threatened some ecnomic factor would play key to ethnic numbers being reduced.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2000/sep/03/race.world1

This is the Guardian so hardly Daily Mail territory.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/oct/30/race.world1

Put that one in because it is where I live.

ReputationRep:
    YES it's wrong to be racist, what kind of question is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Battenberg)
    YES it's wrong to be racist, what kind of question is that?
    One that demands a more complex answer than yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Unless you have dyslexia, are blind or have a ****** up keyboard, I really don't see why you fail to spell like decent person. :facepalm:

Are you surprised? After all he is voting BNP.

ReputationRep:
    why are you asking STUPID questions for? you know just as well as everyone it is :rolleyes:

i reeally just don't understand how someone can judge someone or dislike someone just by looking at their skin colour, what if your mom went and got a tan, would you hate her too then??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2000/sep/03/race.world1

This is the Guardian so hardly Daily Mail territory.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/oct/30/race.world1

Put that one in because it is where I live.
    Its just my opinion that whites wont be a miniorty, I know there is studies that say they will be, but i personally cant see it happening. If it were to happen it would hardly be there fault they cant exactly assimiliate into our society as they are not accepted.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    I don't see what is wrong with expressing an opinion that may be classed as 'racist'. People are oversensitive these days.
    Or maybe you shouldn't judge people based on something like skin colour...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Or maybe you shouldn't judge people based on something like skin colour...:rolleyes:
    Is saying something like 'the majority of Indians are poor' considered racist? Lots of people would probably say yes, but it does have truth to it. Thats what I mean by people are oversensitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian-Oly)
    Asian refers to my half of my body that is chinese, ihave no problem with the chinese as they are not extremists and dont continually suicidally bomb innocent members of the public.
    I dont say this often but you're an idiot. Its stupid to hate an entire race just because a minority of them do undesirable things.

ReputationRep:
    Is saying something like 'the majority of Indians are poor' considered racist?
    That's not racist, that's to do with their economical situation in India...

(Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    I dont say this often but you're an idiot. Its stupid to hate an entire race just because a minority of them do undesirable things.
    And its not like the Chinese are perfect either...

ReputationRep:
    Is saying something like 'the majority of Indians are poor' considered racist?
    No, it is not. How is saying that racist is beyond me? It is statement of fact. It is not wrong to be racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    Whats wrong with being racist? Everyone is to some degree, just some people are more open about it. You guys are all hypocrites.
    thats completly untrue............not everyone is a racist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiL MiSs cHeEkY)
    why are you asking STUPID questions for? you know just as well as everyone it is :rolleyes:

i reeally just don't understand how someone can judge someone or dislike someone just by looking at their skin colour, what if your mom went and got a tan, would you hate her too then??
    Being a different race to someone doesn't just mean a different skin colour. There a variety of genetic factors, such as facial structure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    That's not racist, that's to do with their economical situation in India...
    Exactly, but these days everything I say or do Im told is racist and Im sick of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiL MiSs cHeEkY)

I've already dealt with this - there is a lot more to the concept of race than simple skin colour.

ReputationRep:
    Everyones a little bit racist sometimes...doesnt mean we go around commiting hate criiiiimes!!! Everybody sing along...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloem257)
    I totally agree with you saying that we need integration. We need tolerance and acceptance of diversity, not measures in order to divide people even more than they already are. I believe that diverse cultural traditions can be maintained to a degree whilst integration is ensured, and really this is only achievable through acceptance and the unravelling of myths and generalisations about immigration.

Not to mention that if someone votes BNP due to imigration policies technicly they are xenophobic not rasist... appoloties for any spelling mistakes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.