The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Bubbles*de*Milo
Farm potatoes.

Nah, I was joking about that. I went to my grandparents, who live relatively near to one.

Fair enough.

Are you very close with this guy?

I think if you just tell the truth he will understand but he maybe overreacting for missing his birthday.
Bubbles*de*Milo
Erm, I dunno.
But he really wanted me to be there.

Oh ****, writing this down I feel guilty. It sorta is my fault.
Argh.

I'm such a bad friend.
Why did I make this thread?

You seek attention.
Reply 22
Bubbles*de*Milo
My friend had his birthday last week, and I didn't go. Long story short, I promised him I would, but on the same day I lost my bankcard and had NO cash on me (it was a sit-down Arab dinner thing, £20 a head - no cash). I knew he would pay for me if I'd told him, but I didn't want him to because allow it it's his birthday, that's a bit raw...right? So about an hour before I texted him "I'm really sorry, I can't come" blah blah blah, can I see you soon?
Next day he sends me this really angry text about how it's typical for me to stall on him, how I'm really unreliable, and how he knows that I'm not there for him, etc... which REALLY pissed me off (although may be slightly true..?)

Cut story

I've been away for a few days on a potato farm. I came back 2 days ago, and texted him today at like 5ish "What are you doing..?" etc... he replies "I'm in Twickenham, I'll text you when I'm in Central ok?". Which I didn't reply.

At 9PM he texts me, "You still around?" and I'm like "No. Not now, I'm out with ......" which is true. Ok, bare in mind it's 4 hours after I texted him, he sends me this really angry reply all "Don't bother in the future then, I'm going away tomoz, longlonglong you make plans and break them".

Now he's really angry with me, and I'm like "EXCUSE ME!? I asked you 4 bloody hours ago, what was I supposed to do wait around all night?".

Now he's saying how unreliable I am, blah blah, how I always delay or stall him and he cba with me.

**** that... am I in the wrong here!?
Argh, I'm so annoyed with him. :mad: :mad: :mad:

does certainly sound like you've both made errors, i'm assuming the bits you have left out are events and/or social situations which he interpreted differently/misunderstood, thus making his anger at your more justifiable in his mind.

I guess the only bit of advice would be to not text - texting usually ends up hindering a relationship, whether its with friends or loved ones (ie, misinterepreting things, being hurt etc.) It sounds as if you are good friends deep down - of course you care for him as a friend (RE: "I knew he would pay for me if I'd told him, but I didn't want him to because allow it it's his birthday") so the only way to really get this clear/out in the open is to talk face to face, you both deserve that.

of course these are just my two cents and i'm not going to be noticed anymore than the next person with an idea, regardless though, good luck! :gthumb:
sk88
I've seen that questions like 10 times today! click on the bloody spoiler!

Thanks. :biggrin:

If you've seen it being asked 10 times today, I think that you spend too much time on TSR. :p:
L i b
I'm sure your friends would rather have you borrow a bit of cash off them and turn up to their birthdays than to cancel on them.

I agree. Couldn't you have gone into the bank or something? :frown: If it was me I'd be pretty angry as well... I'd leave him to cool for a while and then actually arrange to do something and KEEP your word.
*Examboy*
Fair enough.

Are you very close with this guy?

I think if you just tell the truth he will understand but he maybe overreacting for missing his birthday.

Hmm, if he missed my birthday like that I'd probably be the same.

We're close when he isn't trying to lecture me on drink or drugs or other crap. :rolleyes:
Reply 26
Bubbles*de*Milo
Hmm, if he missed my birthday like that I'd probably be the same.

We're close when he isn't trying to lecture me on drink or drugs or other crap. :rolleyes:

Fair enough, that's why you should have just told the truth and paid him back after he paid for you and had a good time.

And TOO much drink or drugs isn't good for you...:rolleyes:

But i'm sure you're a good girl. :p:
Just explain things to him, and tell him you haven't purposefully been blowing him off. If he's at all reasonable, he should understand eventually.

I don't think your wrong to be upset with him... but if you look at it from his pov, he's not wrong either. It's just... a misunderstanding.
Bubbles*de*Milo
My friend had his birthday last week, and I didn't go. Long story short, I promised him I would, but on the same day I lost my bankcard and had NO cash on me (it was a sit-down Arab dinner thing, £20 a head - no cash). I knew he would pay for me if I'd told him, but I didn't want him to because allow it it's his birthday, that's a bit raw...right? So about an hour before I texted him "I'm really sorry, I can't come" blah blah blah, can I see you soon?
Next day he sends me this really angry text about how it's typical for me to stall on him, how I'm really unreliable, and how he knows that I'm not there for him, etc... which REALLY pissed me off (although may be slightly true..?)

Cut story

I've been away for a few days on a potato farm. I came back 2 days ago, and texted him today at like 5ish "What are you doing..?" etc... he replies "I'm in Twickenham, I'll text you when I'm in Central ok?". Which I didn't reply.

At 9PM he texts me, "You still around?" and I'm like "No. Not now, I'm out with ......" which is true. Ok, bare in mind it's 4 hours after I texted him, he sends me this really angry reply all "Don't bother in the future then, I'm going away tomoz, longlonglong you make plans and break them".

Now he's really angry with me, and I'm like "EXCUSE ME!? I asked you 4 bloody hours ago, what was I supposed to do wait around all night?".

Now he's saying how unreliable I am, blah blah, how I always delay or stall him and he cba with me.

**** that... am I in the wrong here!?
Argh, I'm so annoyed with him. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nah- neither of you are wrong.
If I were you I'd not talk about it to your mutual friends, since it might make things worse. Give it a week or so, and then text said friend asking to patch things up and maybe go for a drink together?

Good luck! I hope it works out for you...
Argh, he's upset with me. I texted him like an hour ago saying I'd see him tonight if he really wanted, only I'd have to get out of what I was doing instead, and he replies (just now):

"No, it's late now, maybe when I come back from Portsmouth xx"

Ok, he NEVER blows me off. And it's late?! This is the guy who made me walk through Soho/Tottenham Crt/Oxford Strt at like 3 in the morning a while back.

Arghhhhh.
Reply 30
Psycho0101
Thanks. :biggrin:

If you've seen it being asked 10 times today, I think that you spend too much time on TSR. :p:

True say:o: Its been a hell of a boring day:mad:
Bubbles*de*Milo
Argh, he's upset with me. I texted him like an hour ago saying I'd see him tonight if he really wanted, only I'd have to get out of what I was doing instead, and he replies (just now):

"No, it's late now, maybe when I come back from Portsmouth"

Ok, he NEVER blows me off. And it's late?! This is the guy who made me walk through Soho/Tottenham Crt/Oxford Strt at like 3 in the morning a while back.

Arghhhhh.

He's just abit pissy... i hate it when my friends cancel last minute, cos then i have nothing to fricking do!

I'd say sort it out next time you see him, it'll all prob be forgotten about real soon anyway. :smile:
Just chill. Tell him you're very sorry and arrange to meet slightly in advance, that way schedules tend not to collide. If you make an obvious effort he'll know it's genuine. He's probably just angry.
Ring him/text him saying you are very sorry etc etc
+ you will make it up for him.
Reply 34
I'll be your friend.
Nick_000
I'll be your friend.

What if I miss your birthday? :rolleyes:
Bubbles*de*Milo

"No, it's late now, maybe when I come back from Portsmouth xx"

Arghhhhh.

He's probably still a bit pissed at the moment.
Give him a bit of space, for like a week or so (or maybe until he comes back from Portsmouth) and then plan to meet up with him, to show him you still value his friendship.
Reply 37
Bubbles*de*Milo
What if I miss your birthday? :rolleyes:

So you miss his birthday without disclosing the full details and tell him that you're not arriving when it's fairly close to starting. Then, to add salt to wounds, you become really arsey when he tries to meet you again by stating you have other things you would rather be doing.

Nice.
Fawn
So you miss his birthday without disclosing the full details and tell him that you're not arriving when it's fairly close to starting. Then, to add salt to wounds, you become really arsey when he tries to meet you again by stating you have other things you would rather be doing.

Nice.

No, I asked him around 5ish if he wanted to meet up, he said he wasn't around but would text me later.
So I did something else, big deal, what am I gonna wait around all day? Then he texted me at 9... 4 hours later.
Reply 39
Bubbles*de*Milo
No, I asked him around 5ish if he wanted to meet up, he said he wasn't around but would text me later.
So I did something else, big deal, what am I gonna wait around all day? Then he texted me at 9... 4 hours later.

You need to give if you want to take, dearest. Who was the one who texted late before hand?

Latest

Trending

Trending