Turn on thread page Beta

Wanting to use my own car for my practicle test? watch

ReputationRep:
    For the third bloody time, it's illegal to front your insurance - you can't justify that by saying 'Oh but it's cheaper'. I bet your car would be cheaper if you obtained it illegally as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by touran22)
    Hi. I've bought a Peugeot 206 LX model 5 doors for myself to practise my driving skills with. i bought it around 1 week ago and have been driving it every were.

So far ive taken 4 lessons with my instructor and he says im ready to take my test. ive booked it for this Friday.

What i want to know is can i take my car for the test? I know i need to buy a little mirror for the examiner and i already have L plates.

the car is insured under my dads name, Fully Comprehensive, however it's not insured unde rmy name...yet.

Can i take this car for my test? will they ask for proof wheather the car is insured under my name aswel?

Thanks guys.
    Wait... so you've been driving WITHOUT insurance?

GTFO

ReputationRep:
    wait so i can't take my car for the test? its a 51 plate? will they actually ask this?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.