Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to get with this teacher Watch

Its going to sound silly

But I am lusting after him so much! He's a P.E teacher, 25, VERY nice looking. We have a connection, we always flirt and he gives me these you know sort of smouldering looks, he has pet names for me (and he's never actually taught me! but he knows my full name..)
    What are the chances? Should I do anything? There's no legal worries if I am in sixth form is there...
    But he does have a girlfriend...
    What do you guys suggest I do?

ReputationRep:
    He has a girlfriend? Best to stay away.

ReputationRep:
    why the hell is he flirting with you? He's a teacher ffs.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you stay off.

ReputationRep:
    it won't happen end of.

ReputationRep:
    He has a girlfriend - back off.

ReputationRep:
    You're in sixth form? Still Illegal.
    It's not going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, as someone who has fancied the a teacher for about a year and a half, i can tell you that there are legal restrictions.

A person cannot have a relationship with a person under 18 years old if there is a relationship of trust. There's even a law specifically stating teachers. Your school probably prohibits it too. Wait until after 6th form, if he's worth it

x

ReputationRep:
    He will get in serious trouble if anything happens, even if you are in sixth form, because he's in a position of trust within the school. However, if you aren't bothered about the girlfriend on a moral basis then you can always wait till you leave the school.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    THERE ARE LEGAL WORRIES. I hate the way people assume this. I actually had quite a good relationship with my teachers (in a friendship kinda way)- and this came up one day. Even if you are over 16, nothing can happen, after results day, on the year that you are leaving.

ReputationRep:
    I love how people are telling the OP to stay away because he has a gf, as if that's the ONLY problem.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This won't end well.

ReputationRep:
    Its still illegal...
    cos 1- hes a teacher at your school
    2-teachers doctors or anyone who are in the care of children cannot have a relationship with an under 18 year old as they could be taking advantage

ReputationRep:
    The fact youre sixthform isnt relevant. Its still illegal.
    Its unlikey a 25 year old PE teacher will be interested in a pupil in that way to be honest, especially if they have a girlfriend.
    I know it happens, but the likelyhood is that hes just being friendly- especially if hes young. Newer/young teachers can often be a little naive as to whats 'safe' and whats not. What seems innocent to him, may be interpreted as fliting by infactuated female students.

I suggest you leave well alone, or you risk getting him the sack.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that he has pet names for you is worrying...:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Don't do anything and yes there are legal worries! Tbh he's probably just being friendly.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone on here makes posts about hot teachers.

I feel so deprived. I've never seen such a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tink12)
    why the hell is he flirting with you? He's a teacher ffs.
    Hes a human being first and a teacher second.

ReputationRep:
    Get over him, he's a teacher at your school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myheadsbeenspinning)
    Everyone on here makes posts about hot teachers.

I feel so deprived. I've never seen such a thing.
    +1 to that, at my old school we either got all the old slightly nutty teachers who have technically retired but are still needed to teach, and the trainee teachers who frankly look younger than half the students they 'teach' :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.