Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to get with this teacher watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    Hes a human being first and a teacher second.
    True, but that doesn't mean he should be flirting with his students. All that does is make the situation worse.

ReputationRep:
    i know it is probably completley innapropriate on many levels, but if i had the chance/ was confident enough (and was single) id go for it! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tink12)
    True, but that doesn't mean he should be flirting with his students. All that does is make the situation worse.
    ah the difference here - he isn't teaching the girl who fancies him, and she is over 16. If you forget the whole 'hes a teacher' 'shes a student' thing, its basically a girl flirting with a guy who already has a girlfriend. Which of course is a nasty thing that ends up with people getting hurt - but can we all honestly deny we've never done such a thing, even if it was unintentional?

ReputationRep:
    ah the difference here - he isn't teaching the girl who fancies him, and she is over 16. If you forget the whole 'hes a teacher' 'shes a student' thing, its basically a girl flirting with a guy who already has a girlfriend. Which of course is a nasty thing that ends up with people getting hurt - but can we all honestly deny we've never done such a thing, even if it was unintentional?
    hehe, nice try. If it really was just a girl flirting with a guy with a gf, then it wouldn't be such a big issue. The point is, this is a different kettle of fish. I work part-time in a school, and one of the first things we're lectured on is getting too close to students. Once teachers start flirting, the line/boundaries can get blurred, and that's risky. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Slut/pedo

ReputationRep:
    ah the difference here - he isn't teaching the girl who fancies him
    This is irrelevant. As long as he is a teacher at the institution of which she is a member, he is in a position of responsibility over her, whether or not she is in one of his classes.

and she is over 16.
    Again, irrelevant in this situation.

If you forget the whole 'hes a teacher' 'shes a student' thing
    (which is the crux of the matter)

its basically a girl flirting with a guy who already has a girlfriend.
    Except it isn't, for all the reasons listed above.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Its going to sound silly

But I am lusting after him so much! He's a P.E teacher, 25, VERY nice looking. We have a connection, we always flirt and he gives me these you know sort of smouldering looks, he has pet names for me (and he's never actually taught me! but he knows my full name..)
    What are the chances? Should I do anything? There's no legal worries if I am in sixth form is there...
    But he does have a girlfriend...
    What do you guys suggest I do?
    Stay well clear. If anything happens he'll lose his job at the very least. Do you really want to do that to him?

ReputationRep:
    My mummy used to say .. Want never gets:yes:

ReputationRep:
    hehe, nice try. If it really was just a girl flirting with a guy with a gf, then it wouldn't be such a big issue. The point is, this is a different kettle of fish. I work part-time in a school, and one of the first things we're lectured on is getting too close to students. Once teachers start flirting, the line/boundaries can get blurred, and that's risky. :yes:
    oh god yeah i mean i'm not condoning it - in fact you know better than most since you are in the teaching environment yourself; you're the one interacting with students. I'm just saying don't be quite so harsh on the teacher, blaming it all on him..

and without making too many assumptions, i guess you would at least understand if a teacher has feelings for a pupil or vice versa, i mean you are the one whos actually in the classroom! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    This is irrelevant. As long as he is a teacher at the institution of which she is a member, he is in a position of responsibility over her, whether or not she is in one of his classes.

Again, irrelevant in this situation.

(which is the crux of the matter)

Except it isn't, for all the reasons listed above.

:rolleyes:
    you get the point across so much more articulately than I do! Besides, the fact that he's only human doesn't give him licence to flirt with his students, if he can't control himself he shouldn't be in the job.

ReputationRep:
    oh god yeah i mean i'm not condoning it - in fact you know better than most since you are in the teaching environment yourself; you're the one interacting with students. I'm just saying don't be quite so harsh on the teacher, blaming it all on him..

and without making too many assumptions, i guess you would at least understand if a teacher has feelings for a pupil or vice versa, i mean you are the one whos actually in the classroom! :p:
    I can understand it, especially if you actually teach them (though he doesn't teach her, so I find this v. odd) and are with them everyday. I guess developing a connection with certain people is normal, although it's never happened to me in the classroom (though I'm only an assistant). However, I would NEVER take it any further or attempt to flirt with them. And your point about him being human is a very good one, it just doesn't justify it. :p:

P.S Glad to hear you're not condoning it, for a moment I thought you were..

ReputationRep:
    don't be quite so harsh on the teacher, blaming it all on him..
    It is absolutely his fault! It shows a complete lack of understanding of the boundaries between teacher and pupil.

While you might reprimand an immature girl for throwing herself at an ill-advisedly developed crush, as the adult and the teacher he is the one responsible here for ensuring the relationship stays strictly professional. As shown by the fact that he would be sacked if it came out, and she would not be expelled but probably merely chided for her lack of judgement!

ReputationRep:
    Do it if you really want to and if you are prepared to face the consequences. And if you're not a minger, he's likely to say yes

ReputationRep:
    Screw the girlfriend, screw the legal worries.

Do everything in your power to have him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm suprsied no has done the one liner poster 'Rophynal'

Anyway bad idea, it seems a common fantasy for a girl to want to get with the teacher as he's older, althletic (PE teacher) and he's unnavaliable for all sorts of reasons, fight the temptation, it's only lust your looking for as thier is no way a serious relationship can happen here, sorry.

ReputationRep:

P.S Glad to hear you're not condoning it, for a moment I thought you were..
    god no, its just i dont like it when people seemingly jump to statements that instantly blame someone, and leave it at that :p:

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe how jealous all these girls are being, just **** him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serrellen)
    It is absolutely his fault! It shows a complete lack of understanding of the boundaries between teacher and pupil.

While you might reprimand an immature girl for throwing herself at an ill-advisedly developed crush, as the adult and the teacher he is the one responsible here for ensuring the relationship stays strictly professional. As shown by the fact that he would be sacked if it came out, and she would not be expelled but probably merely chided for her lack of judgement!
    ^ this is the most red tape statement i've ever seen on this forum :yes: :p:

At the end of the day, nothing has actually happened, has it? If he does something inappropriate then i completely agree with the next person to give him the consequences he deserves.

The situation the OP has described - to me, it doesn't sound as if anything morally wrong has happened. I guess thats where our differences lie; i think there is nothing wrong (ie, nothing that justifies him being punished) going on at the moment, whereas you do :p:

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:
    Simply stay the **** away from him, OP.

ReputationRep:
    If he does something inappropriate then i completely agree with the next person to give him the consequences he deserves.
    :
    Flirting with a student/having nicknames for her is inappropriate, yes.

The situation the OP has described - to me, it doesn't sound as if anything morally wrong has happened. I guess thats where our differences lie; i think there is nothing wrong (ie, nothing that justifies him being punished) going on at the moment, whereas you do :p:[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying he should be punished yet, but if anything more should happen, he should be the one to take the rap. This is all.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.