Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Does anyone know if this is compulsory? I'm registered on English and American Literature with an Approved Year Abroad and am just about to start my second year, but recently my dad has lost his job so I don't think I can afford to go anymore. Does anyone know whether I'm going to have to change to a three year course without the year abroad or whether I can just do the year I'm supposed to be abroad at Kent?



    Well for my course, i'm doing a year in industry for my 3rd year, then coming back to finish in a 3rd academic year in the 4th year of my degree (phew.)

    If we do the year out then 10% of our degree is based on that year, but we also have the option to just do a straight 3 year course and then 10% is split between the 2nd and 3rd years. Maybe your course has a similar option?

    tl;dr - some courses have a year abroad/away/working version but can accomodate just doing it purely academic. Ask your department office :yep:
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 14, 2009

University open days

  1. University of Kent
    Canterbury campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.