Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you close your eyes when your at the Dentist??? watch

ReputationRep:
    I had a filling done the other day and whilst i was sitting/laying in the dentists chair i wondered to myself whether it was the 'standard thing to keep my eyes open and stare into the dentists eyes?
    Just wondered what everyone else did...

ReputationRep:
    I keep my eyes open

ReputationRep:
    Yes I close my eyes. I don't want to stare up the nose of the dentist or look at them when they are poking around in my mouth.

Closing your eyes helps you forget you're there and lets your mind wonder.

ReputationRep:
    I always close my eyes. Helps to keep me relaxed

ReputationRep:
    I usually stare at the dentist. Eyes locked on to his eyes. Unflinching.

8-)

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes open, sometimes closed.. depending on how long i'm sitting there. When they take ages i usually just shut my eyes and think of something to pass the time.

ReputationRep:
    I stare at the ceiling. So much fun, it hurts.

ReputationRep:
    I keep my eyes open

ReputationRep:
    I always have my eyes open.

ReputationRep:
    Close my eyes when any drilling is going on (don't like the little splashes of water lol). Any other work my eyes remain open.

ReputationRep:
    I close me eyes. Makes it more romantic :o:

ReputationRep:
    Keep them open. My dentist has a TV above the chair, so hey, at least I don't just have to stare at a celling.

ReputationRep:
    Keep my eyes open incase he tries to do something and I don't have enough time to run. Never close your eyes at the dentist, god knows what they will do. Mind you my dentist looks like Freddie Kruger.

ReputationRep:
    My dentist is never fully above me so I keep my eyes open and count the ceiling tiles or something. Closing them would just make me focus on the sensation in my mouth tbh.

ReputationRep:
    close my eyes and try to block out the robbie williams he blares from the speakers aaaha.

ReputationRep:
    I try to count the little lights on the ceiling. For some reason, the ceilings are always in those weird squares of ceiling material, so I often have a try at counting those/ finding the odd-ones-out.

I've never had any fillings or anything done to my teeth apart from check-ups...I usually just stare at the ceiling, the light never seems to shine directly into my eyes which is good

ReputationRep:
    count the squares on the ceiling... or the pixels in the fuzzy light thing

though my orthodontist advises me to bring my ipod and sleep with my mouth open 8-)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I usually close them and pretend I'm somewhere else.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    I try to count the little lights on the ceiling. For some reason, the ceilings are always in those weird squares of ceiling material, so I often have a try at counting those/ finding the odd-ones-out.
    That, strangely, is actually true .

Open, though probably closed when i had teeth out and form braces, no idea. Never had a filling though .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.