Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I was wondering, what kind of piercings do you guys have? If you got them when you were younger, what did your parents think? Were they annoyed or were they quite open minded about it?

I have 3 - lobes and a left helix, but I'm planning to get more. My Dad doesn't mind but my Mum went crazy - I think she thinks I'm ruining myself but that's her opinion at the end of the day.

So, thoughts anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I have belly piercing and ears

ReputationRep:
    top of ear, lobes done twice, used to have my tragus done but had to take it out. Want it done again, but I think the cartilage is shattered, so I'm not sure whether I can get it done again...

ReputationRep:
    Ear lobes x2 , tragus, scaffold and one at the top ( I think its an auricle, not too sure on that one )

I did have my belly button done but it grew out. Had my nose done but I had to take it out for work and wasn't allowed to wear a retainer ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    In my left ear I have two holes in the lobe, though one got infected and I think is fairly closed up now, and I have three in my right lobe which are all fine, though I do tend to only ever wear earrings in my second and third holes because I'm too lazy to find matching earrings for both firsts. And I have my navel done.
    Four months after having my navel done my dad told me I can do what I want with my ears as long as I never get my belly pierced. Oops. He still doesn't know, but my mum does and seemed fine with it.
    My parents are pretty open about it all though really, they know I never get my ears done pro (I think there has been about nine holes between the two lobes at one point, all done by my friend and a sterile sewing needle...) and don't seem to worry about it at all, which is good.
    I don't really want anymore though, apart from maybe the infected hole doing professionally at some point, just because I don't like how imbalanced my ear lobes are.

ReputationRep:
    USED to have : All three lip piercings on the bottom lip, Scaffold on my right ear, Snug on my left ear.
    Still have: belly ring, and 4 earlobe piercings, pretty standard

ReputationRep:
    Only my Prince Albert.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Belly and ears. Would like my ears done a second time though.

ReputationRep:
    Nipples x 2
    Lobes x 2 (25mm, 17mm)
    Lip x 2
    Conch (3.2mm)

I've had tons of stupid ones in the past and grown out of the whole piercing thing. The only ones I really like are my stretched lobes

ReputationRep:
    gooch piercing.

ReputationRep:
    I have a rook, one on the top of my ear, my normal ears, my navel and I miss my nape :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Tongue and ears (although on the account of my ears being odd I don't wear anything in em)

ReputationRep:
    Only one one each earlobe and my tragus. I have an obsession with ear piercings and am looking to get my daith or helix done next, maybe at the same time :woo:

(Original post by Gibb~)
    Only my Prince Albert.
    Ahaha niceee
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have 9 in each ear (from the lobes to cartilage) and my nose pierced. I also used to have my belly button done.

I had my ears pierced the first time when I was 11 and the next two when I was 12 - I still have no idea how I managed to convince my mum to agree to that!
    I had my belly button done at 18, nose at 22 and my other ear ones done between 22 and 24 I think. My parents don't particularly like it, but just say it's my body so it's my decision. When they saw my nose they did admit it looks quite good though!

ReputationRep:
    used to have my left ear, closed up now

ReputationRep:
    loads on my ears
    snakebites
    nose
    got my eyebrow done last week

i want more!
    i want an anti-eyebrow but i'm paranoid it'll reject really quickly (obviously i know it's almost definitely gonna reject sometime. i just don't wanna pay loads and have it reject after like, a month)
    i think i may be getting to the stage of too much metal on my face though

ReputationRep:
    I just have 6, 2 at the bottom of each ear and one at the top of one ear and finally one about half way down my other ear :P My mum doesn't really care about me having them done since she has loads but my dad hates them. I finally convinced him to let me get my ear done but then i started my job where they're banned oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Lobes x 2 and that's it. Don't see the point in getting anything else pierced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr-Dangerous)
    used to have my left ear, closed up now
    your sig is hot and makes me want a cigar

ReputationRep:
    I have two in each lobe, tragus, snug and a surface piercing next to my other tragus. I plan to have two helix, a rook and venom bites done at some point. :o:

My mum says i look pot riveted but i don't care and my dads not fussed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.