ReputationRep:
    I have a few, but I love the nipple the most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachellg)
    your sig is hot and makes me want a cigar
    want a Cuban ? Come get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopy6111)
    I just have 6, 2 at the bottom of each ear and one at the top of one ear and finally one about half way down my other ear :P My mum doesn't really care about me having them done since she has loads but my dad hates them. I finally convinced him to let me get my ear done but then i started my job where they're banned oh well.
    Why did your employer disallow you from having piercings? I've always wondered why they could be banned ... hygiene? Appearance?

ReputationRep:
    I have
    3 X each lobe
    cartilage,
    tragus,
    nose,
    tongue.
    Don't think i will get any more, although i have been considering tongue web, anyone got this?

My mum and dad aren't really keen on them, but they just let me get on with it and hope i will take them out eventually.

ReputationRep:
    2 on each lobe, helix on one, tragus on the other. also my nose.

i don't really want any more. i might get my navel pierced after this summer's up though.

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 standard piercings in one lobe, the other is at 4mm, conch, helix, nose.

I had my tongue, lip and eyebrow pierced back in my goth days. I don't have anything now.

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 on each ear lobe, one on the top of my ear, one tragus and my navel. I want to get my nose pierced, followed by my tongue.
    The only one my mum said she wouldn't like is my tongue, so she said I can get it done, she's just not paying for it

ReputationRep:
    Left ear and left eyebrow.

Third time I've had my eyebrow done!! First time I had to take it out after joining the TA at 17 and it healed over quickly. Second time I managed to accidentally pull it out the front of my eyebrow whilst asleep....

So far it's third time lucky though, hehehe...

ReputationRep:
    I have my tongue pierced.

ReputationRep:
    both lobes, anything else is a bit too 'alternative' for me

ReputationRep:
    We have a bod mod soc in F+B
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cactus kid :))
    I have
    3 X each lobe
    cartilage,
    tragus,
    nose,
    tongue.
    Don't think i will get any more, although i have been considering tongue web, anyone got this?

My mum and dad aren't really keen on them, but they just let me get on with it and hope i will take them out eventually.
    I have tongue web. I love tongue web!

ReputationRep:
    my ear lobes and the top of one of my ears, and also my nose

ReputationRep:
    None.

Fear of jewellery, haha. Yes, I'm being serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I have tongue web. I love tongue web!
    Oh! I don't know anyone who has one! Did it swell up a lot when you got it done?

ReputationRep:
    I only have my eyebrow, its all that I ever got pierced. Well there was that one time when I let some random girl pierce my lobe with a dull earing - took about 3 minutes to go all the way through - and it started to swell so I took it out.

The eyebrow, though, was totally painless. Just a matter of getting over the Trypanophobia. It was a Christmas present from my parents, who think it suits me.

That's the 21st century for you.

Now, on a more important note, in recent years piercings have become more and more common, but still are not socially accepted. Eventually, politicians and lawyers will have eyebrow piercings. The interesting thing, though, is how our civilized society is reverting to a quite tribal practice. I hope that before I die the prime minister has his cartilage pierced.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cactus kid :))
    Oh! I don't know anyone who has one! Did it swell up a lot when you got it done?
    Nope. It was a bit sore at first, and I was a bit lispy, but it soon settled down. I had it done a few years ago but then had to take it out, and I had it repierced about a month ago. It hurts a bit now if I do anything involving lots of tongue movement (that sounds dodgy) but is mostly ok. It only took about a day or so to settle down.

ReputationRep:
    Lobes - x3 on right ear, x2 on left ear
    Conch and tragus on left ear
    Nose
    Navel
    Tongue.

My mum was fine with me getting my lobes done, especially the first pair, which I had done when I was 8.
    I went through a bad patch when I was younger and the navel piercing was her way of trying to convince me to "cheer up" - I must have been 13 or 14.
    Nose done when I was about 15 or 16 - probably 16. My mum was reluctant at first but ended up okay with it after a while and agreed that I could get it done
    Got my labret done at 16 and my mum went MENTAL - punched a hole in the computer desk, wouldn't talk to me for days etc. :erm: then I had problems with it and I suppose she saw that as even.
    Also, she was alright with everything I got done after that as she knew it's just the way I was and she couldn't change me. And, after my tattoo which is obviously permanent, she viewed piercings as actually-not-too-bad as at least you can take them out and most of them will heal. She thinks they look hideous though.
    Got my conch and tragus done at the same time when I was 19.
    And tongue was my most recent, got that done at the start of this year at Uni as I was bored and wanted something to distract myself. And I liked it on other people.
    I change my mind with piercings very quickly but once I get it in my head that I want something done it's very hard to talk me out of it. You'll just have to wait until I get bored of it and take it out of my own accord :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yell.Create.)
    Now, on a more important note, in recent years piercings have become more and more common, but still are not socially accepted. Eventually, politicians and lawyers will have eyebrow piercings. The interesting thing, though, is how our civilized society is reverting to a quite tribal practice. I hope that before I die the prime minister has his cartilage pierced.

I've only ever had boring old RE teachers at school, but this year we had a probationer who had multiple tattoos, pink hair, stretched lobes among multiple other piercings and wore outrageous clothes. She was quite a hit!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.