Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Nope. It was a bit sore at first, and I was a bit lispy, but it soon settled down. I had it done a few years ago but then had to take it out, and I had it repierced about a month ago. It hurts a bit now if I do anything involving lots of tongue movement (that sounds dodgy) but is mostly ok. It only took about a day or so to settle down.
    Hmm, i'm seriously considering it now lol.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cactus kid :))
    Hmm, i'm seriously considering it now lol.
    I still don't think mine is healed enough to take out, but it healed enough to not bother me after only a few days. And I love how it's hidden

ReputationRep:
    Lobes and vertical labret.
    I'm thinking either wrist surface or rook next.

ReputationRep:
    Lobes
    and I had the top of my ear but that closed up

I'm not really into piercings and I don't usually wear earrings

ReputationRep:
    I have the typical ears and belly button. My mum still doesn't know about belly button :awesome: but dad didn't mind so he signed the forms and I got them the month before my 15th :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:

That's me with my left ear pierced , I hope it doesn't look to " Chavvy " or make me look like some gangster , because I'm trying to pull the complete opposite off.

ReputationRep:
    I currently only have my lobes pierced, but I had my lip pierced on the left lower side and I had my nose pierced.

I had to take out the lip piercing because I thought it looked real stupid with my braces and I decided i didnt like the nose pierced haha

I wanna get my septum done? Anyone had it done? Although im not sure it would suit me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaslug77)
    So I was wondering, what kind of piercings do you guys have? If you got them when you were younger, what did your parents think? Were they annoyed or were they quite open minded about it?

I have 3 - lobes and a left helix, but I'm planning to get more. My Dad doesn't mind but my Mum went crazy - I think she thinks I'm ruining myself but that's her opinion at the end of the day.

So, thoughts anyone?
    I have six. Three on each ear. Left: two lobe and one cartilage. Right: one lobe and two cartilage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I still don't think mine is healed enough to take out, but it healed enough to not bother me after only a few days. And I love how it's hidden
    I really want my tongue web done too ..... is it painful? Is there any chance that i'll be able to keep it hidden from the parents or does your tongue swell up and make it obvious :p:

ReputationRep:
    - Tongue
    - Normal lobes
    - Scaffold
    - Tragus

ReputationRep:
    I have each lobe pierced twice, left ear pierced at position 3, right ear pierced at position 4 (not 3, I don't like being symmetrical :p: ) I have my upper navel done, but it's a bit boring now so I would like to update that area. Want a horizontal surface piercing passing under my upper navel but no-one will do it Also have a vertical labret, but unless someone can convince me that 'invisible' retainers are a good idea I'm gona have to take it out when I start my job

My mum took me for both my lobe piercings when I was quite young, and my navel when I was about 12. My other ear piercings were done by either me or a friend, never got infected/painful And I had my labret when I was on holiday when I was 19. My mum wasn't impressed at first but then admitted it didn't look bad
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Pink Sparkles)
    I really want my tongue web done too ..... is it painful? Is there any chance that i'll be able to keep it hidden from the parents or does your tongue swell up and make it obvious :p:
    You're having a needle stabbed through you. Of course it hurts.

You might be able to keep it hidden, but you might not. It's probably best if you try to do it when you won't see your parents much, if possible. They won't know you've got your tongue web specifically pierced, but they might realise you've had something done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Nipples x 2
    Lobes x 2 (25mm, 17mm)
    Lip x 2
    Conch (3.2mm)

I've had tons of stupid ones in the past and grown out of the whole piercing thing. The only ones I really like are my stretched lobes
    What is a conch other than a sea snail? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I have my lobes and I'm letting them close up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Nipples x 2
    Lobes x 2 (25mm, 17mm)
    Lip x 2
    Conch (3.2mm)

I've had tons of stupid ones in the past and grown out of the whole piercing thing. The only ones I really like are my stretched lobes
    Scratch that last message ... I've just thought about it and wow ... What was that like?

ReputationRep:
    9. Three on each ear lobe, one at the top of my right ear, my belly button and my nose. I want more though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaslug77)
    So I was wondering, what kind of piercings do you guys have? If you got them when you were younger, what did your parents think? Were they annoyed or were they quite open minded about it?

I have 3 - lobes and a left helix, but I'm planning to get more. My Dad doesn't mind but my Mum went crazy - I think she thinks I'm ruining myself but that's her opinion at the end of the day.

So, thoughts anyone?

Only my ears thus far.
    My mum really wants me to get my nose pierced, though :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    each lobe had them done when I was 1 and re-done when I was 10 because they closed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    Scratch that last message ... I've just thought about it and wow ... What was that like?
    Like any other cartilage piercing? I don't know lol, it's hard to describe. I'm stretching it though To 10mm maybe, if I can. I want a cute hole!

I have snake bites and my ear pierced/stretched.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.